User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Wasting time.

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Wasting time is being forced to pursue something uninteresting and without meaning.

  2. #12
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Reading a book/Going to a party/Watching a good movie/listening to some music/having fun with your friends.

    Are all of these a waste of time according to your definition ?
    Any unscheduled personal time is wasted time.

    If I scheduled a party on sunday for the upcoming saturday,it's scheduled time. I schedule my work around this. I usually have reading time set aside after a certain point in time during the day.

    Deciding to look up music suddenly, playing on forums a bit too long, a friend suddenly calling for a movie, these are all wastes of time because they are outside the schedule.

    Needless to say. I love wasting my time.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Wasting time is being forced to pursue something uninteresting and without meaning.
    And what kind of things do have a meaning ?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Any unscheduled personal time is wasted time.

    If I scheduled a party on sunday for the upcoming saturday,it's scheduled time. I schedule my work around this. I usually have reading time set aside after a certain point in time during the day.

    Deciding to look up music suddenly, playing on forums a bit too long, a friend suddenly calling for a movie, these are all wastes of time because they are outside the schedule.

    Needless to say. I love wasting my time.
    I have never set a schedule. By your definition; I'm a time-wasting machine.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    * But don't you usually waste time doing something you enjoy ?

    If you considered it enjoyable for the moment but not on a long run, meaning...If it was enjoyable/fun but non-productive, would you consider it a waste of time or not ?
    Well, my leisure activities also have another purpose. Typically, they are for gathering more information which is almost always to my advantage. Refining language skills helps me because I travel internationally 2-3 times (or more) a year.

  6. #16
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    And what kind of things do have a meaning ?
    What kinda question is that? The things you find important of course. Dont go all existential on us.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    What kinda question is that? The things you find important of course. Dont go all existential on us.
    I need existential. I'm doing a project and I'm using you all as my lab rats.

    You should go all existential on me.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    I have a feeling this will be the last post in this thread.

  9. #19
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I have never set a schedule. By your definition; I'm a time-wasting machine.
    By my definition a lot of people I know are time-wasting machines. That's why my definition only applies to me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    By my definition a lot of people I know are time-wasting machines. That's why my definition only applies to me.
    I think your definition is baseless. But well, it's yours.

Similar Threads

  1. Wasting Time
    By burymecloser in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 11:38 AM
  2. [NT] Wasting Time
    By sunset5678 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 11:55 PM
  3. Chatroom! More ways to waste your time :o
    By proteanmix in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 01:20 AM
  4. You're wasting your time - he's nothing like the Nightrider!!
    By 563 740 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO