User Tag List

First 2345 Last

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Ha, I'd still be making things If I didn't give all my creations to my little brother after moving out.
    hehe, after I moved out of home my father, unbeknownst to me, got rid of my lego collection. (Threw it out no less! grrrr) I seriously cannot even think too much about that. Prob needless to say I never passed my lego on to the younger members of the family. Everything else but the lego!

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Nerd alert.
    Yup, I can even use the multiquote function without being told how to
    Last edited by violaine; 12-05-2008 at 07:30 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Yup, I can even use the multiquote function without being told how to
    Flirt.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Flirt.
    No, no, no, that is shock + poking tongue AT you. eh, I can't really take the nerd high-ground anyway... Jack Flak had to tell me all about reps once upon a time (tvym Flak)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    At least now I know to give NT's legos and they'll be set. I used to hate legos for the exact reason that NT's love them. I wasn't ever given something to DO with them! It was just, "make something." WTF were the instructions on what I was supposed to make? What is this imagination thing you're saying I'm supposed to have?
    That's how I felt about Barbies. I knew I was supposed to like them but it just wasn't happening.

Legos, dirt, sticks, baby dolls, blankets and chairs, paints, stuffed toys, board games, silly putty, play doh, sketch pads, koosh balls, etch-a-sketch, Slinky, light-bright, puzzles, what where those plastic cling play set things? colorforms that kind of stuff was more up my alley.

My NF kid likes Sims, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure Battle, and WoW.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTP- Model rocketry or chemistry set. The young ISTP will quickly discover that it's more fun to launch the engines/take them apart and get the gunpowder and ignite that than launching the actual rocket, and the young ISTP will discover every possible explosive combination that is possible with the chemicals in the chemistry set.

Also, for things that would actually be a good idea to buy a young ISTP....legos, any type of building thing, like lincoln logs or whatever.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    ISTP- Model rocketry or chemistry set.
    make it both plus a great telescope and microscope, and that's what i want.

okay, a new computer or two, and a few gadgets, and that's what i want.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    ISTP- Model rocketry or chemistry set. The young ISTP will quickly discover that it's more fun to launch the engines/take them apart and get the gunpowder and ignite that than launching the actual rocket, and the young ISTP will discover every possible explosive combination that is possible with the chemicals in the chemistry set.

Also, for things that would actually be a good idea to buy a young ISTP....legos, any type of building thing, like lincoln logs or whatever.
    All very good ideas. I did a lot of model rocketry, but my parents took away my chemistry set.

The main reason for that was not because I was doing dangerous things, but because I did a lot of damage with it. Ok, plus it was dangerous, but I'm pretty sure they knew that I was doing lots of dangerous stuff anyway.

(ps: Beware an ISTP with a model rocket kit. As it turns out, going from rocket model fun to RPGs is... tricky. Which is a way of saying "can go very wrong and do bad things", but possible.)

MBTI
    ENFP

books, sports equipment, jewelry (real stuff, not costume) is what I like. I guess not really "toys". I always wanted a pony, and my parents ended up buying part share in a horse for me to use. that was the best present every for me. Oh, and I always loved having pets, so real live, furry, cuddly creatures were my toys
    All I know for sure is that I come from a long line of dead people

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    make it both plus a great telescope and microscope, and that's what i want.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I used to spend all of my allowance on lego. I will even admit to having made a lego airport a year or two ago
    was the airport to scale lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1