User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default can you tell a guest to get a hotel?

I mean if they have the money. You have the room for them, but I really wish people would get a hotel when they come to visit. But I don't think I can ask them to do that, I don't know. So can I do that? I mean even after my mom said they can stay at the house? I love them, they're family but I need my me time.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

If its your house, and you pay the bills I would say you can do whatever you want. But if you share the bills, with say your mom, then you would have to talk to her as well and come to a middle ground.
    SDMF

MBTI
    yupp

considering I no longer live their, I don't think I can say a thing. I don't think I could say a thing when I lived their about who stays at our house. It's fine, I'm just being selfish. of course when I was younger I was always the one who got kicked out of their room when company stayed over. So I really don't like having house guests.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I can see your dilemma, it might be an NFP thing cause I can grow irritably selfish at times for reason that most people had forgotten about. But I never speak on it cause I know rationally I would look like a complete jack ass if I said anything.

But hey It might be a good idea to at least bring the issue up with your mother and let her know how you feel. And if she does the whole, "Oh well your just over reacting stop being so selfish" thing that my mother would do, who cares she'll probably forget by the next day anyways. Im just saying it probably wouldn't hurt.
    SDMF

MBTI
    yupp

I think because my brother and his finace aren't coming to the house until after christmas their staying in my brother's old room. But once they get their I don't know where they'll sleep I'll probably be kicked out of my room and sleep on an air mattress.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

if i was really close to them and i needed that and they had the money...yeah...i'd tell them
    but...my family would be offended and i don't really need alone time from people i'm that close to either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

pros: my mom will cook breakfast and dinner leaving only having to deal with lunch and for lunch they'll be sandwich stuff and left overs. trust me that pro is a very high pro, my mom is an excellent cook. I'll get to spend more time with my family, they'll probably bring Ale 8 with them

cons: I'll get to spend more time with my family, Not as much alone time as I like, they'll eat all food, probably be kicked out of my room, the house will feel crowded with two cats, a mastiff puppy, and 7 people.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

Sounds like at least part of the issue is that you're being removed from your room to make room for them. We used to have to do that as kids when my relatives visited.

On the other side of it, once as an adult I was trying to get a motel room for myself, but my family insisted I stay with them. Then I found out they wanted me to sleep on an air mattress in the living room while my young nieces (also out of towners) were going to sleep in the guest room. I insisted on the motel room.

Doesn't sound like there's much you can do, but perhaps air your grievance. Do you have a friend you could stay with while you're displaced?
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    yupp

the more I think about it the less I have the right to say a thing. I stay at their house when I go up their of course they have an extra room so it works.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...if you know money isn't an issue then you could say...i won't be offended if you guys would prefer to stay in a hotel...i'm sure you would be more comfortable then staying in my crowded lil place.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison