User Tag List

First 456

Enneagram
    1w2

Happy Birthday, Jen Jen!!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Happy Birthday! (sorry I'm late)
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Oh, I wish I were close enough to get with you to celebrate. A ridiculously giddy time would be had by all.
    Yes, and my only concern would have been what dumpster I would have woken up in. And how many pieces of clothes I'd have left? Gaaaa.

(No wait, that was the Wash DC meetup!)

It was a good day. The highlight was when my best friend came up (he's like the brother I never had) and we went out to Macaroni Grill for dinner along with my roomie, whose birthday happens to be today.

One of the staff there sang Happy Birthday to me in Italian and I got one of those free yak-choking pieces of chocolate chocolate cake, of which I gave most of to my roomie (since I was stuffed from dinner). My friend paid for my dinner, which I was NOT expecting -- I had actually felt bad for suggesting Macaroni Grill and suggested I could help him pay for HIS dinner, before we went, and I guess he had other plans -- then came back here and he and I talked about many things for a few hours. He went to church with me this morning, then had to go.

But it was a really good birthday, the best I've had for a long time. Not really because I did anything spectacular, but just because of who I was with ... and because I finally feel at peace with my life. I can't tout that highly enough, I guess.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

If it's any consolation, I would have been right there in the dumpster with you.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    If it's any consolation, I would have been right there in the dumpster with you.

THAT's what I would have been afraid of!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I already said it in your blog, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of hiring a caterer:

Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm surprised you were done with him so soon.

still... just like old times, huh?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm surprised you were done with him so soon.

still... just like old times, huh?
    Well, by "hired", I actually meant "loaned you from my personal employ"...

Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!