User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most atrocious quality you find in others?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default What is the most atrocious quality you find in others?

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    - A little arrogance is sexy if well-founded.

What I find intolerable is dishonesty, in particular dishonesty with oneself in the form of denial or rationalization.:steam:
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

Senior Member Array

Arrogance is an interesting one. People who think they know everything and believe they cannot acquire any more information from anyone = bad arrogance.

but saying "heh its just cause I'm so skilled " after someone was amazed at your sheer awesomeness, thats just humorous.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Inability to do the Frug. I simply can't abide that. The nerve!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Abusive?
    Agreeableness as a big five trait includes an Empathy/Sympathy dimension. People that are unsympathetic do have a tendency to be abusive to others whether with words or other ways. This is one of two least genetically influenced of all the big five traits, so a lot of times people that are really unagreeable come from abusive backgrounds themselves.

genetic influence for unagreeableness + abuse = abusive person

The genetic influence probably involves low serotonin levels and high testosterone and low estrogen/progesterone.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Agreeableness as a big five trait includes an Empathy/Sympathy dimension. People that are unsympathetic do have a tendency to be abusive to others whether with words or other ways. This is one of two least genetically influenced of all the big five traits, so a lot of times people that are really unagreeable come from abusive backgrounds themselves.

genetic influence for unagreeableness + abuse = abusive person

The genetic influence probably involves low serotonin levels and high testosterone and low estrogen/progesterone.
    What are the other dimensions? Empathy/sympathy, as you've said, is only one. To call a whole spectrum of people abusive seems... well. Uncalled for.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Lack of Self-discipline.
    People who can't keep a cool-head and start panicking when something happens.
    People that have the "can't change anything" attitude. I prefer being around people who want to overthrough the gods, than the ones who just simply exist.
    Lack of ambitions in general, I simply despise people who do not fight for anything.

As for the arrogance comment, if it has a base, I can live with whatever amount is it that you have. If it's baseless, I'm going to punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    That results in people who are competitive, critical, skeptical of others, and abusive.
    If you minus our the Abusines, I'd consider all of the other ones to be positive points of a personality.

Dali

Insincerity; I'm sorry to say this but I distrust Fe a lot of the time and Dom-Fes sort of have to 'prove' their sincerity over time before I accept them as more than superficial acquaintances. What happens micro-expressions trip you up and I'm hyper-perceptive to them. For instance, I'd much rather interact with a visibly annoyed person than someone with a wide grin on whom the 'annoyed expression' flits in almost imperceptibly.... etc

MBTI
    INFP

Eh, Fis can be just as nauseating in that arena. ExFP for example.

Senior Member Array

Bad arrogance.
    Another one for me is being talked down to. So.. condescending attitude.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of people have said arrogance. I think I must not realize the implications of arrogance because it's no where near the top of my list of things I despise. What exactly is bothersome about arrogance? Is it that you feel that an arrogant person has little to back it up with? Or do you feel that they are difficult to work or cooperate with?
    Accurately perceiving a personal skill as superior to others is not arrogance from what I understand. Arrogance is about assuming one's core intrinsic value as an individual as superior. That is a position of ignorance. When that core assumption is applied to other areas of the person, it caps off their ability to learn.

I have seen a strangely persistent relationship between ignorance and arrogance. The more intellectually blind a person is, the more dismissive they are of actual accomplishment in others. People are more likely to feel they are the master of their domain so to speak when their perception of that domain is small and easy to comprehend. The more one comprehends about just how big everything is, how many people have gone before and already thought our thoughts and performed our skills, how can a person think they are so unique and above others? It is blindness especially when some knack of thought or skill is all it takes to catapult someone into thinking they are superior to the unwashed masses in any significant way. It can be related to a sense that one is not acceptable unless superior and that typically being a facade makes for a deep hole to have to live inside.
    Last edited by labyrinthine; 11-30-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: removed the word "inverse" because it was the opposite of what i meant.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY