Nosiness gets on my nerves.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

definately intolerance..

kind of interesting when you think about it.. i'm intolerant of intolerant people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Narcissism, nosiness, and neediness.

MBTI
    ENFP

Selfishness... Its such a turn off!!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Pride.

Selfishness.

Lack of integrity.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of people have said arrogance. I think I must not realize the implications of arrogance because it's no where near the top of my list of things I despise. What exactly is bothersome about arrogance? Is it that you feel that an arrogant person has little to back it up with? Or do you feel that they are difficult to work or cooperate with?
    Main Entry:
    arrogance
    Pronunciation:
    \?er-?-g?n(t)s, ?a-r?-\
    Function:
    noun
    Date:
    14th century
    : an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

My theory? Nobody likes a superiority complex, let alone superiority made manifest and paraded like a Colonial Great Coat:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I am completely ignorant with regard to Ayn Rand. I started The Fountainhead but never completed it.

To explain further, before we respect who we are and take responsibility, we can never respect anything else or possess strength or integrity. It probably works in the reverse as well. If we learn to respect others and to possess integrity, we can develop ego.

Do you like Ayn Rand? If so, why?
    Actually, I could have just as easily said 'Nietzsche' or some other now deceased philosopher who wrote a lot about 'ego' in relation to the group. The only premise I can 'agree' with is that we are all individual units and even in a group or society, our level of consciousness and functioning at a most basic level is as an individual.

Your comment about responsibility for self reminds me of that other thread going on (in NF section?) about how you must love yourself first before someone else can love you...It also reminds me of the updated 'How to Make Friends and Influence People'. Seriously, a basic premise is to be worthy of respect and respect yourself, you must develop true respect for others that comes from a place of integrity with oneself and one's real motivations -- not just the desire to please, be liked, or influence/mold others to an image or standard of your own liking.

You should talk more with Edahn! He loves talking about this kind of stuff.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

By the book conduct. Irrelevant detailing.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Arrogance probably best sums it up because it is based on a closed assumption of one's superiority which is not rational. Having a sense of overinflated entitlement, an inability to learn, a lack of empathy and ability to see others as equals with rights is a basic lack of perceptiveness. It seems like arrogance is the core of everything idiotic and cruel.

My reaction to it is an internal conflict between fear and pity. It is the most unfortunate trap one can fall into. I used to reject it outright, but now I wonder if the person needs help getting out of such a hole, although I remain clueless as to how to go about it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

A blatant disregard for the safety/well-being/rights of other beings (people, animals, insects).