User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    We are discussing different wavelengths here. It doesn't take much perception to see a tremendous range in human skill and thought. A person's mentors typically know everything the student knows and more in the given subject area, and a willing mind understands that dynamic. That is how respect is established. I am not talking about ignoring that or being untruthful about that in any way. It is also arrogant to be unwilling to recognize superior skill in another person. Using a skill as an excuse to look down on others is a kind of constructed prejudice and a way of defining self that is wholly reliant on other people's lack of that same skill.

Let's take Richard Wagner who was both arrogant and brilliant. For him to evaluate his skill as superior to most is accurate and not arrogant. For him to write his love Cosima and tell her that it is ridiculous for her to try to compose because he is the composer, is an example of arrogance. This second assumption is one rooted in ignorance and gender prejudice. The world is a little less for not having more of an artistic contribution from Cosima, who was also Franz Lizst's daughter.

There might be better examples, but the arrogance I am attempting to describe is not evaluation of skill, but an assumption of intrinsic superiority.
    The old Chinese method is one of insulting students, and only when they demonstrate absolute perfection in something is it called acceptable. I think their way is more honest. They don't tell the novice he's "Doing a good job" when he obviously has no idea what's going on.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

guess in the modern days it is love
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I love kanye
    I LOVE his music, but have you ever heard him speak or seen him on an awards show??? The man has said that he is the "voice of this generation." Come on, Kanye, who actually thinks that about themselves?

Let someone else "toot your horn." There is confidence/high self-esteem and then there is Kanye.

Cruelty.

Also jealousy and envy are not great characteristics to encounter.

MBTI
    INTP

High susceptibility to the mob mentality / people who tease others because of their interests/hobbies.

Also anyone who needs to remind the world that they're an "individual".

Oh and flakiness. That's a huge one for me. Can't make it? Call. No common courtesy = good riddance.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Arrogance, vindictiveness, relentless superficiality/materialism, and emotional manipulativeness (manipulativity?) piss me off.
    Last edited by phoenix13; 12-03-2008 at 01:17 PM.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INFP

"I think that this is why the idea of a God judging others is so attractive. A perfect one to judge all those who are imperfect, seems like a nice copout."

Funny, also silly (not on your part). god as the church lady or my old school grandmother. hopefully such a being would be too busy eating bananas to think about whether or not johnny was a prick on tuesday.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    I LOVE his music, but have you ever heard him speak or seen him on an awards show??? The man has said that he is the "voice of this generation." Come on, Kanye, who actually thinks that about themselves?

Let someone else "toot your horn." There is confidence/high self-esteem and then there is Kanye.
    His music is unique and soulfull, he has a positive outlook and he inspired me. Thats a lot to ignore for the sake of precieved God complex.

......hater

plus i think he is an ENFP

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    I LOVE his music, but have you ever heard him speak or seen him on an awards show??? The man has said that he is the "voice of this generation."
    Everyone knows that's Colbert.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    and he inspired me.

Right.