User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default I'm thankful for...

WARNING! SAP AHEAD!

of course, I'm thankful for my husband and my kids. That goes without saying, but it's still worth saying once in awhile. They are awesome. I'm thankful for a drama-free marriage to a strong and sensitive guy, and the sweetest, most beautiful kids in the world.

I'm thankful for my extended family. It's easy to focus on the dysfunction, and forget about the strong love and respect we all have for each other despite occasional drama. My siblings are THE BEST, and 3 out of 4 of them are now married to spouses I also love dearly. My brother has two awesome kids. My parents love us to pieces, and my mother's siblings are more and more loving as time goes by. My father's mother, my grandmother, of course, is awesome. And I'm thankful that I still have one grandparent left at the ripe old age of 32. Most people I know have lost them all by now, and I miss the other 3 deeply. I'm fortunate to see my grandmother a few times a month and when she's not with me anymore I will have said everything to her that I regret not saying to my other grands before they died.

I'm thankful for work that requires a brain, though it's in a lull at the moment. (Hope that ends ASAP.) And I'm thankful for the years before I had this work that I was a childcare provider--though it didn't scratch the itchy brain, it cultivated my patience, empathy, and acceptance for different kinds of people.

I'm thankful for abundance. I get hung up on living in a crappy little house sometimes, but it keeps us all warm and requires me to keep my "stuff" pared down to a manageable level. And it's more than many people around the world have, so it would be bratty to be ungrateful for it. We never go hungry, we don't have to do grueling physical labor or suffer much stressful interpersonal stuff, and we have enough to sometimes help others in need.

I'm thankful for my daughter's school, at which she is learning to love learning, and my son's childcare provider, who is unrelentingly positive about his idiosyncrasies and works with him rather than against him.

I'm thankful for feta-stuffed olives, dark chocolate in the freezer, and finally having the willpower not to eat it all at one time.

What are you thankful for?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What are you thankful for?
    notta.

. . . each and every day.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

My family, my health, beer, the ability to cope with change and the insanely high feeling of hope
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Potatoes
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

To be given reprieve.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP

I am thankful that the white man came from across the seas and butchered and raped the natives in order to establish THIS GREAT REPUBLIC!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    I am thankful that the white man came from across the seas and butchered and raped the natives in order to establish THIS GREAT REPUBLIC!
    I'm thankful for Nillerz little rays of sunshine.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my dog, my friends and family and the fact that they put up with me, good books and art, tea, caffeine in general and yes, you could all predict it.... wine!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Being a university student.

Right now, life is relatively easy and rewarding.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis