User Tag List

12311 Last

Oberon

Default Confessions - Guilty Pleasures

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread in which people post minor confessions...habits, minor addictions, and guilty pleasures of the more mundane kind. (That means this isn't the place to come out with your jones for necrophiliac bestiality...you know who you are!)

For example, I'm a writer by trade and I have poo-poo'd the Harry Potter series as pointless pop-culture brain candy numerous times...and now I've found that I'm addicted to it. Rowling's characters and setting are engaging to the point of ridiculous, and I look for every chance to crack the books.

I've even taken bathroom breaks at home when I didn't have to, just to get in ten minutes of reading. Is that crazy or what?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    I thought it might be interesting to start a thread in which people post minor confessions...habits, minor addictions, and guilty pleasures of the more mundane kind.
    Like, "I hate people with mouse avatars?"

(That means this isn't the place to come out with your jones for necrophiliac bestiality.)
    That's fine; I think UF was covering that one somewhere else.

Minor indiscretions?

• I sneak peeks at People magazine and gossip rags when no one is looking.
    • In college, for my 1800's British Lit course, I only read one book on the list and passed all my exams and wrote my papers based on the Cliff Notes (and selected readings pinpointed from them).
    • I'm probably addicted to sleeping pills.
    • I never actually liked you.
    • Sometimes I go talk to people in hopes I will get free food.

Is that sort of what you were hoping for?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Yeah, that's it.

Also stuff like "Sometimes when the baby cries at two a.m. I lay there and pretend to be asleep until my wife gets up and goes to her."

Which of course is just an example. Of course.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'll read anything. This doesn't seem like a bad thing until your GF walks into her room and you are sitting on the bed reading Cosmo.

I intentionally don't wash one dish just so that I didn't finish them. Drives my GF nuts.

MBTI
    INTJ

I lie and say I was outside and I didn't hear the phone when He Whose Calls Must Be Answered calls at a predetermined time.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFP

I leave crumbs out for the resident mice inspite of knowing they are pests and being told not to. They are just too cute.

EDIT: I just realised how that sounds, I mean the mice that live in my house.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I intentionally don't wash one dish just so that I didn't finish them. Drives my GF nuts.
    omg...! I do that too, and C is so pissed off at me!
    ("Doing the dishes means you're supposed to do ALL the dishes! Why do you always do ALMOST all the dishes and never finish them???!")

I'm sneakier though. I leave one of the larger grubbier ones around, claiming that "I'm letting it soak."

--

Others:
    - I pretend I didn't hear someone calling for me, under the excuse "Sorry, I was reading," and make them come find me if they really want me.
    - Sometimes I will not fill the gas tank, figuring that C will do it for me because she has a more sensitive threshold for such things. (But sometimes she plays chicken and rides on fumes, and I'm stuck filling it the next morning when I don't have time...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    - I pretend I didn't hear someone calling for me, under the excuse "Sorry, I was reading," and make them come find me if they really want me.
    Oh I do that. I *hate* when I have to yell at someone, or they yell at me and I need to raise my voice to speak, and if I'm doing something else? I just 'don't hear them'. Period.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I leave crumbs out for the resident mice inspite of knowing they are pests and being told not to. They are just too cute.

EDIT: I just realised how that sounds, I mean the mice that live in my house.
    Oh, I understand.

<-- not cute

Oberon

Sometimes when my not-ENTP wife is trying to talk to me while I'm trying to do something that requires concentration, I snap at her most unkindly.

These attempts have a tendency to come at three-to-five-minute intervals...