User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    omg...! I do that too, and C is so pissed off at me!
    ("Doing the dishes means you're supposed to do ALL the dishes! Why do you always do ALMOST all the dishes and never finish them???!")
    I always leave her water bottle unwashed. Cause I like getting a rise out of her (Before it sounds all Passive Aggressive, she knows that I do this, she knows why I leave the bottle. It's the small price of needing to leave something unfinished, but it has to be something I should of done... she accepts it as a stupid P quirk )

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Sometimes when my not-ENTP wife is trying to talk to me while I'm trying to do something that requires concentration, I snap at her most unkindly.
    That reminds me of another bad habit I have. When I am into something, I am completely oblivious. Examples? Sure.

1) My GF goes out for hours with her mom and I didn't even know she was going out. Yes, she told me. Many times. I said ok. Many times.

2) My GF will ask me what I want for dinner, or if she wants me to make a sandwhich. She'll do it, then I'll ask why she did it. Apparently I can even tell her what I want on the sandwhich without breaking my concentration.

3) I've failed to eat. Not once, not twice... I've failed to eat and drink for over a day. And sometimes fail to sleep (or I go so long and hard that I collapse on the couch without ever eating or drinking). I've gotten myself physically sick from this. More than once.

4) I actually use this to my advantage. I once played 29 hours straight of warcraft II. To ensure that I didn't repeat the mistake in #3, I got a pitcher of water with lemons in it. I drank it all within an hour without realising it... and went about 12 hours before I replaced it, which is when I realised it. You have to realise that I was so distracted that I was attempting to pour an empty pitcher. It never registered.

Oh, another stupid thing I do... in true P fashion, I have worked myself into a hole as to my coursework. I needed to finish a course in 4 days - I'm not talking a project, I'm talking the entire course. Unlike most courses, however, I didn't know much about it - so I actually had to do it. Estimated time to do the coursework 126 hours, not including assignments? I figure I can do it in 96. So in a flurry of activity, I finished the whole course (no sleep for the first 2 days and eventually about 3 hours each in the 3rd and 4th). I fell sick on the 5th day, couldn't write my test, and failed anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I sometimes buy foods that no one else likes so I get to eat some of them.

I bribe myself into running errands by promising to buy myself a book or some sewing supplies, etc.

Let Don take the van most days so I don't have to leave the house.

Guilty non-pleasure: buy the money order to pay a bill then forget to pay it, so the thing sits in my purse while the due date comes and goes.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I sometimes buy foods that no one else likes so I get to eat some of them.
    Good for you!

My wife has this habit...she'll bring something tasty home from the grocery store, like fresh peaches, wash them, and put them out in the basket on the counter.

Then four days later I hear "Hey, what happened to all the peaches? I didn't get to eat a single one of them!"

To which I do NOT reply "Well, given that we've got five voracious fruit-eating kids and a fruit-eating husband in the house, and you left these peaches out for four days without telling anyone not to eat them, what do you THINK happened to them?!? If you wanted a peach, you should have scarfed one two days ago."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Good for you!

My wife has this habit...she'll bring something tasty home from the grocery store, like fresh peaches, wash them, and put them out in the basket on the counter.

Then four days later I hear "Hey, what happened to all the peaches? I didn't get to eat a single one of them!"

To which I do NOT reply "Well, given that we've got five voracious fruit-eating kids and a fruit-eating husband in the house, and you left these peaches out for four days without telling anyone not to eat them, what do you THINK happened to them?!? If you wanted a peach, you should have scarfed one two days ago."
    She needs a hidey-hole. The produce drawers in the fridge work around these parts.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

She needs a hidey-hole. The produce drawers in the fridge work around these parts.
    Don't all girls come with one automatically?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Don't all girls come with one automatically?
    LOL. It works better in theory than in practice, even for those of us, who due to our contributions to the gene pool, ought to have plenty of space. Plus, Cherry Pepsi at 98.6 degrees . . .
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Plus, Cherry Pepsi at 98.6 degrees . . .
    oh I am really hoping this wasn't an actual confession!!!

I guess the real question is why, if women have a built-in carrycase, aren't the men the ones who carry large pocketbooks around?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

oh I am really hoping this wasn't an actual confession!!!
    Ni, silly, I'm speculating. I like my soda just above freezing, so it stands to reason . . .

I guess the real question is why, if women have a built-in carrycase, aren't the men the ones who carry large pocketbooks around?
    I hate the things, but when I have a wallet in my back pocket, keys in my pocket, and a cell on my waistband makes my stupid low-cut pants want to slide off. Then I have to have a place for a pen and some lip balm . . .
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

1. I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy. This is bad enough but whenever I borrow my usual quota of said genres, I also borrow at least one or two books of a more literary nature, just so the librarian doesnt look down her nose at me. Occasionally I also read them.

2. I don't much like babies. I don't think they look cute. I will avoid visiting close friends for months after they have a baby, because I know that when I do visit them they'll do nothing but talk about their baby for hours, and will make me hold it in the false belief that their baby will be the baby to finally make me see that babies are cute. When I do eventually visit them, I remain visibly unenthused by the spectacular, unprecedented cuteness of their baby, and take every opportunity to change the topic of conversation. I quite enjoy doing this.

3. I always make other ppl's tea/coffee with full cream milk, even when they specifically request otherwise.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ni, silly, I'm speculating. I like my soda just above freezing, so it stands to reason . . .
    That would really give new meaning [and I can't believe I'm making this pun!] to the word, "frigid," wouldn't it? i know... it was terrible!

I hate the things, but when I have a wallet in my back pocket, keys in my pocket, and a cell on my waistband makes my stupid low-cut pants want to slide off. Then I have to have a place for a pen and some lip balm . . .
    I look forward to them... for the exact reasons you give here.

(Then again, I carry a large bookbag with me to work, full of notes and books and printouts and other assorted odds and ends I never use but always feel like I need with me...) <-- another minor confession
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft