User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Confessions - Guilty Pleasures

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    7w6 sx/so

bumping this thread to relate an embarrassing situashun.

i have the tendency to, ah, take extended baths. unfortunately i also have the tendency to start the hot water and begin another household project, like trying on wigs and dancing around. so i forget all about the bath water.

until it has entered the living room.

this has apparently caused it to "rain" in my building's lobby located beneath my flat. according to my super.

Daphne Guinness apparently has a similar issyou.

it has been suggested that i might perhaps buy a timer. something waterproof (as i also have the tendency of knocking things over). and i *refuse* to give up my wigs! so that isn't an option. i thought of bathing in the hot tub on my patio, as it can't flood, but it is wintertime. sigh.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

^Heh. We need an ENFP alarm, it just pings every 10 minutes to remind you guys of what you were previously doing. We'll call it the sad panda, or something equally solemn. Waterproof certainly. Maybe also 100 proof!

I bought three massage devices last week, (not that kind). My apt is hummmmming.

My favorite guilty pleasure is the most beautiful rush of feelings I've ever had in this world and ever will. I've only done it once and prob won't ever again. And that feels right. *lights a sad candle*

I take great pleasure in planning spa days for myself.. I almost never end up doing them the way I planned... but I always have fun doing the actual planning.
    Making lists.
    Shopping at foreign convenience stores and supermarkets.
    Budgeting money.
    Watching awful B-movies.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar

Saw something here about bathroom stall poetry? I read a really beautiful one today in the school bathroom: "Some come here to sit and think/some come here to shit and stink/but I came here to scratch my balls/and peek at the girls under the stalls." It was done in lovely green sharpie marker and everything. But they probably got it off the internet or something. Kids these days. Lazy.

The other day, I watched a Project Runway marathon when I should have been cramming for exams. Sassy gays and trashy ladies and lots of ugly clothes made from pet store supplies or curtains or whatever, me gusta.

Oh yeah, and I ate like half a bag of marshmallows.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

I had a voucher to use in store to buy some Christmas presents today and instead brought myself a lovely blood red handbag.
    *It's so prettty*

If i buy a pack of sweets/biscuits/anything containing sugar, i can't just have one and rather will devour the entire packet.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I don't really feel guilty about those but I'll play along.

1- I have a Ziploc bag of candy hidden behind the organic chem books on my bookshelf.
    2- When I'm feeling bleh, I like to read YA romance novels and listen to really cheesy music. Or write emo poetry.
    3- I often introduce words that don't exist in regular conversations just to see looks of confusion. I also like to word things ambiguously or use convoluted arguments that don't make sense so as to "win". And playing Devil's advocate.

Edit: I do number three only with close people..They usually recover fast and fight back. It's all glorious fun.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

All sorts of frivolous pleasures- red lipstick, pretty dresses, reading semi-junk fiction (junk meaning it doesn't expand my vocabulary, but may make me think in slightly different ways), drinking way too much coffee (not always the black kind), being a shameless, open flirt...

Oh yes, and potato chips. I am obsessed with those crunchy greasy salty make-my-mouth-bleed delicious munchies of God. I probably have more.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned Array
    5w6 sp/sx

I have no guilty pleasures. I'm not ashamed of any of my pleasures.

oh man. during the summer. i loooove
    filling up my freezer with lush shower
    jellies. and then just take them into the
    shower with me on a hotttt hottt day.
    sooo good.

my fave:

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Day spas. I would spend all of my money on treatments if I ever worked in one. Pretty cocktails - I don't like the taste of alcohol, but put a cocktail list in front of me that fires the imagination and I'm a goner.

Records. Ugh, I try not to walk past record stores because I lose hours in those places.

Oh and fashion. I have put the breaks on and been soo good for at least a year. Because I want to be off the consumer treadmill. But I just moved to a very enabling part of town. (It actually kinda bugs me that I feel guilty when I buy something. I feel like I've always been mindful not to go crazy but then how did I end up with so much damn clothing that I don't even wear. That bad habit has to stay gone).
    Last edited by violaine; 04-22-2012 at 10:46 PM.