User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    When/why did it start? If you stopped, why? what kind of activities did/do you partake it? what is your definition of 'partying' ?
    If you didn't, or haven't yet gone through a party phase, what do you think of the idea?

party on...
    No, I've never gone through a "party phase" of my life.

A good party, the kind I enjoy, has lots of food, about 5 friends (maybe 10 or 15 the most) all of whom I know, and having relaxing conversations, or playing video games, or going swimming, or some other low-level activity.

If I want to spend a lot of energy, I like to go on "adventures" with my friends, which usually means walking/driving to explore new places.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery
    i thought everyone did that in their early 20's...no??
    I'm in my early 20s...the answer to your question is "no." Plus, this forum has a lot of introverts.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-27-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: erinavery
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    so what...basically 3...4 people on here including me have gone through a party phase!!?? i thought everyone did that in their early 20's...no??
    This is probably becasue party phase is actually very subjective concept.

In my case "No, I didn't" is really "No, I didn't"

MBTI
    INTP

I like to go to parties but I don't think that counts as a "party phase."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, I always have party-phases when I don't have a girlfriend (notice though, that I actually prefer having a girlfriend, and that I usually go to parties only to get to know girls). There's also different type of parties, "parties with friends", where I go all the time, but I wouldn't classify them strictly as parties.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

When/why did it start? If you stopped, why? what kind of activities did/do you partake it? what is your definition of 'partying' ?
    If you didn't, or haven't yet gone through a party phase, what do you think of the idea?

party on...
    My party phase started off slow at the age of 14, drinking smirnoffs and choking on blunts.
    later, i upgraded to drinking beers and being the heaviest hitter on the blunts.

My definition of partying is getting fucked up with a group of people larger than normal with the sole intent on being inebriated doing stupid shit that you can later blame on the drugs/alcohol as an excuse for your actions when really, you're doing what you subconsciously wanted to do without inhibitions.

What kind of activities did I partake in? At first, just smoking and drinking. I didn't do anything violent or that I would regret until I got into heavier drugs.

Now that I'm clean, i'm still going to parties for the social atmosphere and leaving whenever the people get really trashed and are on a different level of social interaction than myself.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    and this has changed?
    I lost heart after Johnny got married (also, Kate Moss = too tough an act to follow... lol) and Mr. Taylor is a former libertine who still dates models (models = see above reason).

I can dream. ahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    so what...basically 3...4 people on here including me have gone through a party phase!!?? i thought everyone did that in their early 20's...no??
    Nice legwarmers, toots.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Now that I'm clean, i'm still going to parties for the social atmosphere and leaving whenever the people get really trashed and are on a different level of social interaction than myself.
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE. TAKE THIS.

jk don't

MBTI
    ENTP

party on...
    Started when I was about 12. Why? Cos I wanted to have fun and that was when I started being able to go places without my parents. What kinds of things? All sorts, but increasingly illegal substance/rock n roll lifestyle based as my teens progressed. My definition would be having a good time, where everyone is having a good time, whatever that entails. I've had formal dinners, cocktail parties with buffets and stage acts, wild rock n roll parties, kids' parties, parties with old people involving parlour games etc, and just mad ones where a bunch of pals have taken skateboards to multistorey car parks to whizz down the spirals and see who breaks a bone first, fuelled with drugs and/or alcohol or stone cold sober. And I've had both great times and rotten times at each type of party.

Why did it stop? Cos I had kids at age 20, and it became very difficult to continue the party lifestyle when it was largely spontaneous, giving me little chance to either find or secure babysitters in advance, plus the people who would've babysat were the people I wanted to go out with. As the kids have got older I've been going out more, but it gets harder as I get older to find people who want to/can party. People get more boring, you get a bunch of people giggling over how they'r'e staying out 'late' (like 10pm or something) *sigh*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*taps watch* Young man, why are you out past curfew? Is that Silly String and appletinis on your shirt?!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *taps watch* Young man, why are you out past curfew? Is that Silly String and appletinis on your shirt?!

Actually I've sworn off of appletinis for a short time.
    This is a Necterini.