This is just a figure of speach. I am sure that I didn't have one

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius hath no 'party phase', nor doth he want one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENFj

I guess I can say I did. I went to a bunch of clubs met some chicks online went to their parties, heck I even met some guys that wanted to do a bikini show and we made one with some hot chicks. Than all of a sudden it all stopped I am not sure why or how though.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    XNXP

As far as big groups of people being attached to the concept, I'm not sure that it ever started much ( after a university dalliance ) , but as far as altering consciousness by myself, well.....it never ended. One can alter their consciousness to "escape" ( just catalysts to temporary glee ) or in another direction, and I..... mix the two.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I suppose I had a pretty weak one. A drinking night and a club night during my year at college. I also had a 5 month stint of showing up at my friend's place where a party was guaranteed ever weekend when I was 20. I have a desire for the fun, but not much for the drinking and even less for the drugs.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

of course I did.
    went on for a few years. one year was like a weird dreamland. I was in school, I had no job, I was travelling 5 hours for a long distance relationship on the weekends (when we partied) and just lived off pennies, and luck, and colt 45.. when I was home I partied a couple more nights during the week. And on the nights I was off from partying I banged out all the papers and studying in the overnight, passed them in in the morning, took my tests and was back to partying.

I still like parties, but most of my friends have real careers, babies, husbands, and houses to tend to. So I have to let out all my partying energy once in a great while.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    of course I did.
    went on for a few years. one year was like a weird dreamland. I was in school, I had no job, I was travelling 5 hours for a long distance relationship on the weekends (when we partied) and just lived off pennies, and luck, and colt 45.. when I was home I partied a couple more nights during the week. And on the nights I was off from partying I banged out all the papers and studying in the overnight, passed them in in the morning, took my tests and was back to partying.

I still like parties, but most of my friends have real careers, babies, husbands, and houses to tend to. So I have to let out all my partying energy once in a great while.
    Sings Quietly "And all my rowdy friends have settled down..."

Don't you hate that?
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

I still like parties, but most of my friends have real careers, babies, husbands, and houses to tend to.
    Aint it the truth.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    istp

ive always been confused by this concept of "partying". there is partying to celebrate something, sure, but the way the word is often used suggests that it occurs more often than there could possibly be occasion to celebrate. that means that people are throwing parties for the sole purpose of socializing, but it seems obvious to me that (and i would have thought others as well) that atmosphere is not conducive to a balanced lifestyle in such quantity and thus there is no reason to have or attend so many parties that your lifestyle becomes defined by it.

i think it's convoluted due to its popularity, so if we replace that with a different activity, let's say... eating bbq ribs, my point becomes a bit more clear. imagine someone who binges on bbq ribs several times a week... or colleges that are known for having excess amounts of bbq ribs to eat. people would say "i like to have fun and eat a lot of ribs". people would say "lets go eat more bbq ribs!" or "do you want to go eat some more bbq ribs?" when youve already had them for dinner twice already that week.

basically what i find confusing is why this strikes so few people as stupid

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ why exactly is the concept of going out and having cocktails with your friends a lot so strange...or stupid even? when you don't have a lot responsibility and you have free time...what's the problem exactly?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison