User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I feel like that sometimes with these bastards born in like 95. Just the technology and how that effects every facet of there lives. If you think about it technology was still pretty primitive then compared to now. Nothing really took off, the progress back then was plodding and methodical. It seems like only 4 or so years ago camera phones just came out. Now look at cell phones, I have a feeling the sense of "aging" is going to come about a lot more rapidly for newer generations.

The same could be said to some extent with drugs, alcohol partying and the like. I fear that's just a generational thing that will be perpetuated by each oncoming class, since I lack that perspective. It's shocking though hearing and talking to some of these 14,15,16 year old girls (Friends with little sisters, as well as little brothers of friends telling me stories).
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Heh. I didn't have a cell phone until I was like 24.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Nah. Witnessing my mom's post-divorce party phase kinda soured me on the whole idea.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Heh. I didn't have a cell phone until I was like 24.
    Reason # 8432 why calling you my brother is correct
    I N V I C T U S

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Sort of, if drinking with the same group of ~10 guys at someone's house every weekend or two counts as a party. That was from about age 18-20, coinciding with a relationship (they were mostly his friends).

Now my parties generally involve a different group of ~10 guys, video games and/or magic cards.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I feel like that sometimes with these bastards born in like 95.
    Yes, the bastards of '95. I know them well. Almost as bad as the bastards of '93....

ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Nope.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    Yes.
    Back in summer 06 (16 yrs), after i came back from Europe summer credit program.
    basically before that i used to be quite introverted, and study/games, etc etc. (nerd? haha)

But there since we had not much to do, the other students and i like got drunk every 2 days. I think i spent at least 300 euro on alcohol. in 2 weeks. And this new environment drove my already high "P" off the charts in excitement.

So.. when i came back, i still was in this mood. So i attended summer parties.

When did it stop? almost after 5-6 months. I swear i was an extrovert during this period or something. What basically happened is, i got bored of getting drunk and doing drugs.

My extrovert and Feeling then subdued after that, and Ti and Ne took over. Well you know the rest, of "i hate humanitiy, etc etc"

Foreign exchanges will do that to you. The one extended partying phase in my life was in 98/99 when I was an exchange student to Spain. For once in my life I didn't have my little sisters to drag along everywhere with me, my grades in school didn't count since I couldn't transfer credits back home when I returned, and I was at their legal drinking at 18 two months after I got there! I had a blast, skipped school to play pool, drank every weekend at bars and houses, hell out in the streets with friends. It seemed like the kids pretty much took over the town after 10pm... nary an adult in sight.

Regrettably, much of the time I was in a state of over-excitement/over stimulation and turned into the complete opposite of myself. I guess I lived as my archtype for 8 months. I was emotionally erratic, crying, feeling moments of happiness I never felt to that extent before, doing dare-devil things that I'd never have done before. It was like an 8 month adrenaline rush. When it was over and I came home it took me a few months to get out of that kind of life-style (much to the chagrin of all my teachers and family members who only ever knew me as the quiet, do-gooder, nerdish suck up).

Oh but how I lived during that year and what I wouldn't give to feel that kind of intensity in my life these days. (Minus the killer hangovers lol)

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I'm not sure if it counts as partying... But if it's drinking and it involves more than 7-10 people, yes, I party at the pub every week or fortnight with my colleagues. Though I guess it's less partying and more social drinking and god-that-fucking-week-sucked-like-hell-bitching about projects, work and supervisors. I didn't used to drink much before I started work.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, in college I went from being completely dry (and a booze virgin) to completely a lush for about 18 months starting in my sophomore year, before weaning myself back off.

This past summer, due to many life changes and now having opportunity, time, and newly realized enjoyment of socializing, I went out an awful lot. (Which for me means more "out of my house" than "out at every club in town until 2am.") But it tired me out, and now I'm settling in for the winter, pretty much.

Technically, I guess I really don't "party" like many people do. Big faceless clubs and parties bore me pretty quickly. When I "go out," it means spending time with friends -- whether that's going out together to a club or for dinner, or going shopping or to events together, or simply getting together at someone's house and talking and playing games and having a great time. Occasionally I like to drink heavily just because I enjoy the giddiness of it, otherwise my idea of "fun" is being with people I already know and like to spend time with.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft