User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    I'm very very very skeptical of the 'Breaking Investigation Reveals Holiday Horrors for Turkey' sensationalist headline.

    Its an article aimed to place negative emphisis on the turkey trade. I think reality isn't so horrible. At any rate I think you should approach any piece of information with skepticisim when the headline itself is so obviously biased. I've checked a few sources and the figures seem wildly inaccurate.
    There might be some legitimacy to this claim, but I'm certain that PETA exaggerated death toles as they have a tendency to be fanatical. Although a coworker of my dad's used to work for ConAgra and he was rather disgusted by the nature of the job. He said the average life span for poultry (in the business) was from birth to death was about six weeks. I think the average lifespan for a wild turkey is 8-10 years.

  2. #32
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I dont know about your families but I have to answer

    Yes I do know. 1

  3. #33
    Senior Member Hexis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,442
    SDMF

  4. #34
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't care how they're killed, either. And I'm not sorry. People are such pussies these days, so insulated from the reality of life.
    I think the golden rule applies to every living thing. That is why I will only eat meat that I personally raised, or purchased from a trusted source (like my cousin), and then personally killed and prepared in the most humane way possible. If you were to kill me against my will, I hope you do it in the most humane way possible and keep me as comfortable as possible to the last minute.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Take Action: Breaking Investigation Reveals Holiday Horrors for Turkeys
    If you can watch this video and seriously say that I don't give a shit how my food is treated then, I don't know what the fuck to tell you. I personally hate shoving my beliefs down others throats, but I do wish that people would just atleast say that it is wrong. I know most people who eat meat don't go around advocating animal torture, its not what we consciously think about while we are chewing that tasty whopper, but when you see something fucked up and you say whatever, then something is wrong. Still, I don't advocate that everyone be vegetarian or anything like that, just to give a shit, thats all.

    /rant
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

  5. #35
    Senior Member Kollin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Heeeeeerrrrrreeee turkey, turkey, turkey... Get in my belly! =^.^=
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have to admit, I never eat turkey. Does it taste more like chicken, duck or goose ?
    I've never had goose, but I have had the others and it tastes like baked chicken when not overcooked but can be dry which doesn't taste as good...duck has a much different flavor...
    AKA: Choss

    It's not theoretically possible

    Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

    Incessently needing to ponder

    I never think practically

    It's never too precise

    Insane nerds throwing parties

    I'm not the problem

    I'm not that popular

  6. #36
    Senior Member Darjur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    If you can watch this video and seriously say that I don't give a shit how my food is treated then, I don't know what the fuck to tell you. I personally hate shoving my beliefs down others throats, but I do wish that people would just atleast say that it is wrong. I know most people who eat meat don't go around advocating animal torture, its not what we consciously think about while we are chewing that tasty whopper, but when you see something fucked up and you say whatever, then something is wrong. Still, I don't advocate that everyone be vegetarian or anything like that, just to give a shit, thats all.
    Wow I really do have a fucked up personality based on what you guys say.

  7. #37
    Senior Member millerm277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    If you can watch this video and seriously say that I don't give a shit how my food is treated then, I don't know what the fuck to tell you. I personally hate shoving my beliefs down others throats, but I do wish that people would just atleast say that it is wrong. I know most people who eat meat don't go around advocating animal torture, its not what we consciously think about while we are chewing that tasty whopper, but when you see something fucked up and you say whatever, then something is wrong. Still, I don't advocate that everyone be vegetarian or anything like that, just to give a shit, thats all.
    I think we'll agree to disagree. Torturing animals for no reason is wrong, and dogfighting or whatever is wrong....but I can't say that it brings any great feelings of "oh my god! We must go save the animals!"...more "Hm. That seems kinda wrong and unnecessary.....but, whatever." Then again, based on my current post count (555), I'm 5/6ths evil.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

  8. #38
    Member Chukamok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The only turkey I want to see die is this thread.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

  9. #39
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chukamok View Post
    The only turkey I want to see die is this thread.
    The turkey at the restaurant yesterday was cold.

  10. #40
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I think we'll agree to disagree. Torturing animals for no reason is wrong, and dogfighting or whatever is wrong....but I can't say that it brings any great feelings of "oh my god! We must go save the animals!"...more "Hm. That seems kinda wrong and unnecessary.....but, whatever." Then again, based on my current post count (555), I'm 5/6ths evil.
    Lol, you are not evil, all I wish to see in others is the appreciation that something is fucked up here. I don't think you should go burn down an animal farm or two. Your post makes you great.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 113
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 12:33 AM
  2. Last person to post on this thread wins
    By tenINsFJ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
  3. one hope to eat us all
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
  4. Don't forget to bring a towel!
    By Ivy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO