User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    It's a Sarong. Incredibly comfortable. I sleep in one and regularly walk around the neighborhood in mine. I'm wondering whether I can keep up the same when I get to London next year... hmmm...
    i saw a guy wearing a long skirt with his combat boots sweeping the streets early in the morning in london and just thought he was super cool...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Why is it unfair that you are not female/male?

As a kid, I really, really wanted to be a boy. They got to wear jeans to school, got to wear their hair short, got to eat more (at least in my family). In general they seemed to have more freedom. As I got older, it seemed they had an easier time with sex.

Then in my 30s I had my kids and suddenly being a woman had its privileges (pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding were things I was glad not to have missed).

Now? I dunno. As a gimp I can wear what I want--usually jeans, sweatshirts and sandals (I have exactly one pair of shoes); don't have to wriggle into pantyhose or heels. I'm already marginalized, if not invisible, so my opinion wouldn't be given any more weight as a male than as a female.

Although... Last week my friend and I were speeding down a hill at full throttle in our wheelchairs, happy as larks, when some AB (able-bodied) jerks called out "Are you drag racing?" It's like a catcall and happens all the time and annoys the shit out of me, though I never say anything. Then my friend yelled in his best ex-Marine voice "F*** YOU!" and I felt "Yes! Yes!" resonating through me and realized how mad I'd been with these catcalls all along. So I guess having a deeper, more commanding voice would be nice, but it doesn't make me want to be a man.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i saw a guy wearing a long skirt with his combat boots sweeping the streets early in the morning in london and just thought he was super cool...haha
    That IS super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    Although... Last week my friend and I were speeding down a hill at full throttle in our wheelchairs, happy as larks, when some AB (able-bodied) jerks called out "Are you drag racing?" It's like a catcall and happens all the time and annoys the shit out of me, though I never say anything. Then my friend yelled in his best ex-Marine voice "F*** YOU!" and I felt "Yes! Yes!" resonating through me and realized how mad I'd been with these catcalls all along. So I guess having a deeper, more commanding voice would be nice, but it doesn't make me want to be a man.
    I can imagine!

Oh, but, do you think that if you were an AB and running around in the same manner (just for the heck of it), nobody would have said nothing? I think, if you had been wheeling as everyone expects you to, there was less chance of anyone paying attention. It was not that you are on wheels, but that you are speeding and it is fun and unconventional. If I went out now and run around with the same attitude, I would look like I am a five year old mind in an adult body. And what would the people say.. It is very narrow minded. I don't know how to dance but if I could and would do it on the streets, someone would catcall me... Makes me want to grab every narrow minded person and shake them out of it. It would be so much fun without all these expectations.

MBTI
    GONE

In a more serious answer to the OP: I consider myself to be genderqueer and have for years. The community I tend to 'homebase' myself in is also much more embracing, encouraging, and 'tolerant' of genderqueer expression and not as gender normative.

I tend to express very feminine and I'm happy to be biologically female. However, dichotomies are for losers...um, what was my point?

Oh yeah, I like male privelege!

People treat you with more respect off the bat, all things being equal if you are a dude. I would like not having to be (as scared) walking up and down streets at night. Sex as a man would be fun, but there are accessible ways to simulate that.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

umm at the risk of sounding misgynistic... no

i mean the whole relationship power thing... i mean u have the most stretching down there sex, and you are whooped on that person. i could never be wooped on someone just from that except for the first person you are with. can't imagine it, hell no. it just seems too weird.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Why is it unfair that you are not female/male?

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    That IS super cool!

I can imagine!

Oh, but, do you think that if you were an AB and running around in the same manner (just for the heck of it), nobody would have said nothing? I think, if you had been wheeling as everyone expects you to, there was less chance of anyone paying attention. It was not that you are on wheels, but that you are speeding and it is fun and unconventional. If I went out now and run around with the same attitude, I would look like I am a five year old mind in an adult body. And what would the people say.. It is very narrow minded. I don't know how to dance but if I could and would do it on the streets, someone would catcall me... Makes me want to grab every narrow minded person and shake them out of it. It would be so much fun without all these expectations.

When I was an AB and running with a friend, no one ever made catcalls (though I had a very shapely ass and GREAT legs). The other thing I notice is that even when we're wheeling relatively slowly deep in conversation, we get the same catcalls.

But I digress....Talk amongst yourselves.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I have never, ever wished I was a dude. I've experienced being condescended to because of my sex, but it just makes me want to change things for women rip their throats out, not to be on the other team.
    Fixed
    I don't understand wanting to be a man, and this is coming from someone who has been tagged as doodish countless times and who sometimes finds women incomprehensible. But change my gender? Ick. No thanks!
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    I wonder if it would have the same effect were it a sarong and grandpa sandals like I wear...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I wonder if it would have the same effect were it a sarong and grandpa sandals like I wear...
    sure...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    The other thing I notice is that even when we're wheeling relatively slowly deep in conversation, we get the same catcalls
    Really? That is weird. I don't see why any normal, relatively sane person would want to do it. You are just being you going to the store or something, what the hell? Have you ever thought about what they really want to say? Because there must be a motivation... I don't see what would it be, though... Maybe they just like pointing out that you are different? Maybe they are afraid of the possibility that the same might happen to them and this is the way they deny the thought of it? Maybe they like to feel "more able", aka superior? Maybe there's some primitive urge in people to make a line between "the able" and the rest (because that would have been useful when we were only animals)? Well, beats me. That's a stupid way to behave.

No. Boots are way more cool. It balances the wimp vs tough scale