User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Shows you love to hate!

I dont watch a lot of T.V. but of course everyone in my family does, I dont even have one in my own room thankfully. I only watch it, normally, when I know a shows on I want to watch then when its over im done with it.

But there seem to be a surplus of shows that I just cant stand.

Heres the one I love to hate, A&E Television - Intervention.

If none of you have seen it its about people who FAIL at life to the point where the family has to hire a tv crew as well as a personal interventionist to help their FAILURE of a family member. Ive seen it from everything from drunks to people who cant stop eating. The people in these shows are just so pathetic I want to strangle them through the screen. I understand some people just need help, but I cant stand it when there so pathetic it takes getting on TV for them to do anything about. Gawd just go and die already!

Ok now that my rants over, lets hear yours. What show do you love to hate?
    SDMF

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

While I typically hate anything that isn't House, Futurama, South Park, or The Universe on History channel, the show that makes me want to vomit and makes me think violent thoughts are the "real housewives of x." Be it Atlanta, Orange County, whatever, my girlfriend LOVES shows like this and I can't stand it. I make her give me back rubs if we watch it.

And extreme makeover home edition I can't stand either. Way too contrived and Ty Pennington needs to calm down.

MBTI
    INTP

Any reality show where the main "character" regularly looks into the camera and says things like, "I am a princess, and I deserve to be treated like a princess." Etc.

Any reality show where the contestants have to live in a house together.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh yes. Reality TV shows.. I know.

I would love to see writers get back their jobs instead of getting paid for menial reality show scripts they get pigeon holed into (especially the ones that portray the social darwanistic types of shows- it's not reality, if it were, we'd all be dead, folks).

On a side note: I wish they brought back Nick-At-Night (Mr. Ed, Mary Tyler Moore, Taxi)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

OY!! Since we're on the topic, my mother and sister LOVE Bridezillas. Nothing short of my toothbrush can induce my gag reflex so consistantly.

If you haven't heard of the show, consider yourself definitely getting to heaven for your innocence. The show consists of two different couples who have camera crews follow them around in the events leading up to their weddings because they're SO annoying/pompous/haughty/insertdisgustingwordhere that they need to be filmed to show the world how ridiculous and unnecessary they are.

It usually features things like the nauseating episode I was forced to sit through today: an angry black woman screaming at her family trying to help her and being extremely picky, and a fat white chick that's abusive verbally and throws things, cries her way into thousands-of-dollars-honeymoons, and rips up her veil when it's too late to replace it because 'something' wasn't right on it.

.. I'm sorry. If I were a husband, and my wife ever told me the ring I gave her "looked like it came from a crackerjack box"... Wayne Brady would have to choke a b...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Hogan knows best.

My explanation: We get it, you're not popular anymore so you're spending the rest of your money trying to jumpstart your daughter's failing musical career while getting your name back on the street. If you're not bodyslamming people's children into air conditioning units anymore, I dont want to see your ripped ass on my tv screen.

Oprah, The View

My explanation: none needed.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oy!! The view... Even if you can decipher the hens cackling, nothing said is anything I want to hear about.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Shows you love to hate, not just plain hate.

Eli Stone. It makes a mockery of any knowledge you might have of the legal system. Regularly features the main character accomplishing things through the power of giving speeches or being given speeches about the power of faith and believing in a greater plan. At least once a week some important woman in the main character's life is being mad at him in an obnoxious manner. All guised under the amusing singing/dancing sequences.

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, for pete's sake, YES. The View. I want to throw things at the tv. Why does anyone watch that show, ever?

And Oprah is an insufferable bore these days.
    Something Witty

yeah, what's the deal with oprah?

honestly, i don't get it why so many people watch her show. it's also on tv in my country and i accidentaly got the chance to watch 5 minutes of her show. ewww!! :yim_phbbbbt: