User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    In the first case, I want to talk to people, but yes, I know, I'm not very personable. I don't seek friends in those spaces at all.
    Too bad, as you are one member I respect quite a lot. Such is life.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    This is ironic since I barged into pt's blog earlier this afternoon.
    That's what prompted the line of thought I was like "Hey, I barely know pippi, who is now posting in my blog, but doesn't seem comfortable, which means I'll probably never get to know them!"

Made me realise that there is a double edged sword to my way, heh.

That's why I like people's blogs because they talk about what's on their mind without a specific topic. The focus is on them. I've noticed many people do the 'drive by' posting on threads in the forum so I find it hard to get to know people in the threads. Often people are offering advice or playing devil's advocate as well so it's hard to get a good read on them in the threads.
    Yup... Although my blog is a bit more random and less personal, heh But in that sense, I guess I kind of mix things up. The "personal" stuff that I post in other blogs (finances most notably, but whatever) is always at a distance. I tend to post in threads fairly position-atheist. However, in my blog, I'm a lot more open about how I feel or the stance I tend to take (when I know it).

A lot of the "reaching out" is actually in commonality of belief, and on specific topics, I try to avoid doing that... Hmm, interesting, something I hadn't thought of before.

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Too bad, as you are one member I respect quite a lot. Such is life.
    Best I don't do it then, lest I lose it!

(I keep my distance in the public threads on a specific topic. It's not universal - I talk to members off the board/etc. for example!)

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Best I don't do it then, lest I lose it!
    Remember that time I read a post of yours where you were talking about "dressing up" ? And you listed some feminine articles of clothing you enjoyed. What you meant was that you enjoyed seeing them on your wife, but I had misunderstood and then wondered if you were a woman. I had "always thought you were a guy", I posted. You replied and chuckled, telling me that you were, in fact, a guy.

During that brief time I thought you were a woman, I actually even liked you more ! So much for me not liking women with strong personalities.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Thx, SH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    The reason I ask is that I'm sure there must be some interesting people here who just don't interact much on the open threads, because they're afraid of intruding on interactions already going there, or for whatever reason.
    It's a fair request, but your approach is pretty roundabout. Why not try private messaging those members to continue a conversation from the forum, or ask a polite question about a disclosure? People can be surprisingly receptive when approached.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    It's a fair request, but your approach is pretty roundabout. Why not try private messaging those members to continue a conversation from the forum, or ask a polite question about a disclosure? People can be surprisingly receptive when approached.
    Agreed. I have basically been taking a "do both of these" approach. So, with members who I already know I enjoy, I gradually get around to sending them PM's or other messages. I'm assuming that there are people who I am not yet familiar with, who I may be missing out on.

MBTI
    INxJ

I do not have a blog. I only read blogs of people I befriended, even then sporadically.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't post in or read blogs...I guess the format of them isn't really conducive to me being able to provide any input, and rarely will I ever see anything that holds my interest. I also have no inclination to have one myself; I have a hard enough time thinking of what to say as it is, and putting myself in a situation where I would be relied on to be the [for all intents and purposes] sole provider of topics and information would make it much more difficult.