User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    In fact I have gotten PM's from women who tell me that they agree with me, about this issue right here and now, but realize the futility of arguing with people like you. ( I'm not going to name them and so don't bother asking who it is. )
    LOL JUNIOR HIGH!
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post

Suppose as much or as little as you will, but this brings me back to a point in why we disagree. I would not have carelessly used the word "True Woodsman" for Coloradan. They are not interchangeable, and the true woodsman definition and Coloradan definition are not the same in my example.
    Yes, they are. The logic of the point being made is exactly the same. You have only changed the words. Earth to Ina !

Blah Blah * more frantic button pushing now *
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Err excuse me not to interrupt you two but...*cough*
    Don't you think that Others might be a lil uh...scared off to answer now? Just a Thought. ^^°
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    intp

Yes, they are. The logic of the point being made is exactly the same. You have only changed the words. Earth to Ina !
    Not in my example they are not. *sigh*

Blah Blah * more frantic button pushing now *
    Does it push your buttons when people laugh at you for making yourself look like a cliquey teenager?
    YouTube - School's Out-Alice Cooper
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    XNXP

Not in my example they are not. *sigh*
    R-2, R-2 * sigh *

I didn't say you were actually connecting with many of your attempts to push buttons. Just doing your best to find them. "Uh...will this Alice Cooper video work ? Ummm...what about mentioning pumps ? Hmmm":rolleyes2:

Pitiful.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

MBTI
    ISTP

Poor thread, I barely knew thee....

I'm kind of the 'drive by poster' with a hint of with 'blog poster'. I change my topics of interest fairly often, and often post things that I have written to help myself understand in my blog thread.

In the first case, I want to talk to people, but yes, I know, I'm not very personable. I don't seek friends in those spaces at all.

The blog is different for me, because that's where I will talk about myself/etc. The problem is that the blog (only a thread in my case) isn't a good place to 'meet up' with people, since it is so personal. Too many people don't want to tread on it, for a lack of better words. I tend to feel the same with others. Funny how that works - I mean, I know it but I still behave the same way.

I do, however, get bored of topics and things fairly readily. Hence, my lack of interest in MBTI/psychology now, and my renewed interest in economics (add a few evolutionary topics in there that I'm still reading on too, I suppose). That makes me post here less, and relate to people even less, now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh, but I did comment on it. I said that I didn't feel obliged to trot out the names of women on this and other sites that I think are strong minded women, but who get along fine with me. To be more blunt, then, let me say that I get along fine with some strong minded women, and not with others, as would be the case with any such broadly worded category. Your attempt ( along with your buddy IF4657689's ) to put a feminist spin on these personal differences- FAIL.

In fact I have gotten PM's from women who tell me that they agree with me, about this issue right here and now, but realize the futility of arguing with people like you. ( I'm not going to name them and so don't bother asking who it is. )
    Are we not getting along? Excuse my Fetardedness, I wasn't aware of that.

I also didn't realise we were arguing. You passed an entirely unnecessary judgement/slur, I questioned you, you presented your opinion, I partially agreed, and tried to provide an explanation. You went into great depth to refute. I challenged you on mis-attributing my statement to Ina - something people who are in the habit of brush-tarring tend to do. That doesn't constitute an argument in my world.

My conclusions are based not only on your singling Ina and I out in this thread (when you've admitted yourself that we aren't the most contrary contributors) but also on 2 or 3 other occasions where you took an anti-feminist stance. I gave you the benefit of the doubt there, but you've shown yourself up here, royally.
    Like I said. A pity. For you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    My conclusions are based not only on your singling Ina and I out in this thread (when you've admitted yourself that we aren't the most contrary contributors) but also on 2 or 3 other occasions where you took an anti-feminist stance. I gave you the benefit of the doubt there, but you've showed yourself up here, royally.
    Like I said. A pity. For you.
    And that's the truth, Ruth.
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Poor thread, I barely knew thee....

I'm kind of the 'drive by poster' with a hint of with 'blog poster'. I change my topics of interest fairly often, and often post things that I have written to help myself understand in my blog thread.

In the first case, I want to talk to people, but yes, I know, I'm not very personable. I don't seek friends in those spaces at all.

The blog is different for me, because that's where I will talk about myself/etc. The problem is that the blog (only a thread in my case) isn't a good place to 'meet up' with people, since it is so personal. Too many people don't want to tread on it, for a lack of better words. I tend to feel the same with others. Funny how that works - I mean, I know it but I still behave the same way.
    This is ironic since I barged into pt's blog earlier this afternoon.

That's why I like people's blogs because they talk about what's on their mind without a specific topic. The focus is on them. I've noticed many people do the 'drive by' posting on threads in the forum so I find it hard to get to know people in the threads. Often people are offering advice or playing devil's advocate as well so it's hard to get a good read on them in the threads. (I do this myself )

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Are we not getting along? Excuse my Fetardedness, I wasn't aware of that.

I also didn't realise we were arguing. You passed an entirely unnecessary judgement/slur, I questioned you, you presented your opinion, I partially agreed, and tried to provide an explanation. You went into great depth to refute. I challenged you on mis-attributing my statement to Ina - something people who are in the habit of brush-tarring tend to do. That doesn't constitute an argument in my world.
    I said that people are more in the habit of confiding to people in a blog setting than they are in a more interactive thread. Then I thought about the typical contrarian response, which would be something like "I'm just as likely to 'confide' to someone in a blog as elsewhere. Fail." So, in a playful fashion, I said that you and IF might not agree with that statement I just made. I saw that as a simple thing, me commenting on site or type dynamics; while you apparently saw it as a "slur", according to what you just posted. You then asked me what I meant. That is when I mentioned that I saw you BOTH as contrarians, and you asked me to expand on that. So if you want to call that "painting you both with the same brush" you are welcome to, as you were meant to see my meaning of you both being in that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMonday View Post
    My conclusions are based not only on your singling Ina and I out in this thread (when you've admitted yourself that we aren't the most contrary contributors) but also on 2 or 3 other occasions where you took an anti-feminist stance. Blah Blah Feminism this. Feminism that.
    I singled you out as contrarians and not as women. You both just happen to be women. I can think of male contrarians, too. I see them more on INTPc. That's just chance the way that turns out, I guess. ( A subject for a different thread, perhaps. ) I didn't say that you weren't the most contrary contributors here. I think you are actually. In terms of the percentage of contrary posts to non-contrary posts, I see you as representing a higher number than JF in his current incarnation. I see Uber as being a person who has gone beyond being "contrary" ( a position that still has some logic behind it ) and being instead a creator of chaos. I told you that I valued your contributions waay more than him. It's tough cookies if all you can read in that was misogyny. Maybe somebody has a problem with strong men, huh ? ( How's it feel hearing your own spew directed back at you ? )

If you want me to say "Jack Flak is a contrarian" just to feel all warm and fuzzy again - "Jack Flak is a contrarian." There.