User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Sorry, you'll have to try harder if you think that does anything. Are you a blind man with only thumbs for fingers? blah blah blah
    If that's all you've got is calling me names then this exchange is thankfully nearly over.

    You said that you had never had anything to do with me before, but we had an exchange in the thread about pain in relationships. You proceeded to ask me to "back up" references I made to earlier parts of your contributions to the debate, and when I took the trouble to do so, you hem-hawed yourself by saying that you preferred to keep posts short and preferred to read short ones etc. Instead of answering my questions that resulted from looking closely at your own, you continued to try to re-frame the terms used in the debate and make your usual exaggerations. So forgive me if I don't let you push my buttons anymore, even though I have backed up everything I said here - albeit with examples that ( boo hoo ) lengthened the post.

    You brought up the example of the "true woodsman" fallacy, and applied it to Colorado, for example. In the "true woodsman" fallacy, a person continues to say "Well, you couldn't be a true woodsman because you do so and so", and is thus always changing the definition of what "true" actually signifies.

    What I said to Blue Monday was that agreeing with people need not be as simple of a thing ( an exaggeration she gave as an example of how people that are "F's agree with one another ) as just saying "LOL" or "QFT" in a response. Maybe you can show me how that qualifies as a "true Woodsman" fallacy. It seems more likely that you'll have to backtrack yourself and change your ridiculously simple notions about how "F" 's behave.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  2. #32
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    If that's all you've got is calling me names then this exchange is thankfully nearly over..
    If only.



    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    You said that you had never had anything to do with me before, but we had an exchange in the thread about pain in relationships.
    Hence the anything else. Clearly that thread is the one you've been lugging around on your back and referenced in your example. Just as you've been carrying around blue's disagreement with you on the thread about engineering/plotting/scheming/puppeteering in relationships.



    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    You proceeded to ask me to "back up" references I made to earlier parts of your contributions to the debate,
    Not I didn't. I don't care about your opinion and did not request your back-up. I simply pointed out teh quintessential "talking-out-the-ass" move that was your request not to be asked to back it up.



    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    and when I took the trouble to do so
    Is that what you thought you did? I am afraid there's been a failure on the internets.

    you hem-hawed yourself by saying that you preferred to keep posts short and preferred to read short ones etc. Instead of answering my questions that resulted from looking closely at your own, you continued to try to re-frame the terms used in the debate and make your usual exaggerations. So forgive me if I don't let you push my buttons anymore, even though I have backed up everything I said here - albeit with examples that ( boo hoo ) lengthened the post.
    I don't know what you're on about here, and frankly I don't care.

    You brought up the example of the "true woodsman" fallacy, and applied it to Colorado, for example. In the "true woodsman" fallacy, a person continues to say "Well, you couldn't be a true woodsman because you do so and so", and is thus always changing the definition of what "true" actually signifies.
    I didn't bring up a woodsman fallacy. That's all you, but please continue to argue with yourself.
    Example number 985545763 of your (1) misreading a poster, (2) going on to create a new thing to argue about that had nothing to do with what the poster typed and not really addressing what was actually written.

    This is why I make a point not to read your stuff (usually). And I suggest that this is why you are in the position that people do not respond to you. It's a frustrating waste of time.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  3. #33
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    *yawn*

    too much arguing makes ANYTHING unreadable
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #34
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    What I said to Blue Monday was that agreeing with people need not be as simple of a thing ( an exaggeration she gave as an example of how people that are "F's agree with one another ) as just saying "LOL" or "QFT" in a response. Maybe you can show me how that qualifies as a "true Woodsman" fallacy. It seems more likely that you'll have to backtrack yourself and change your ridiculously simple notions about how "F" 's behave.
    Much as I hate to wade in here with my contrarian size 9s, I feel I must correct you on that last point. Ina didn't make any assertions about the way Fs behave. That comment was mine and I don't think it was ridiculous at all. I think it is self-evident.

    And my examples were not an exaggeration. That was a statement of fact. Those things annoy me, I tend not to do them. If I did them more often I might be seen as being less 'contrary'. *shrugs*
    I don't go around calling people boring, unoriginal, uninsightful, brown-nosing, suckups, do I? That's because I'm tolerant.

    As for pushing buttons, I don't think either Ina or I are interested in pushing your buttons. You singled us out for your accusations and then complain when we ask for explanation/dare to defend ourselves.

    Who is trying to push whose buttons here exactly?

    If you wanted reaction from us, congratulations. But my buttons are unperturbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #35
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I didn't bring up a woodsman fallacy. That's all you, but please continue to argue with yourself.
    As usual you choose to mischaracterize what I'm doing to suit your ends. I already mentioned your silly Colorado "analogy". Here is what you said in that quote you posted, which ( since it isn't your words, but instead a quote of some other ) I can't quote.

    Person One - "If you live in Colorado then you must ski"
    Person Two - "I don't think so. I lived in Colorado and never once skiied."
    Person One - "But you're not a true Coloradan unless you ski"

    The example continues, where Person One is supposed to be an example of a "windbag" , which you are trying to show is me. All you have done is changed the word "Coloradan" for "true Woodsman". If you can't see that then you're less intelligent than I supposed.

    I've noticed you and BM in threads other than the ones we disagreed in. Sorry to disappoint your little Jr. High theory about simply carrying a hurt over those.
    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Not I didn't. I don't care about your opinion and did not request your back-up. I simply pointed out teh quintessential "talking-out-the-ass" move that was your request not to be asked to back it up.
    If you deny the truth of what someone says then you are indirectly asking them to back up what they say. Earth to Ina !
    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I don't know what you're on about here, and frankly I don't care.
    Leave the @#!%$!! thread then, big mouth. If only.

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    This is why I make a point not to read your stuff (usually).
    Carry on then, in your normal ways. Suits me fine. You weren't the first person I had in mind re: someone who sticks to their blog, anyway. If you ever get the chip off your shoulder though, feel free to come around then.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  6. #36
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *yawn*

    too much arguing makes ANYTHING unreadable
    I'm not one to take a kick in the pants by ignoring it, unless I think that the sole purpose of the person is to get an argument going with me. I'm not sure about her being here strictly to push buttons, although she shows signs of that. I think that she and BM ( especially the latter ) may truly fail to understand ( at least on some levels ) why I see them as contrarians. Her more valid point is that I mentioned her name as such a person, and thus invited her. Of course, she could have played it off by saying "So I enjoy being a devil's advocate. Pfft." or something like that. IOW, she could have said "I see being contrary as a good thing." Instead she wants to get into it with me.
    *shrug *
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  7. #37
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    As usual you choose to mischaracterize what I'm doing to suit your ends.
    Aha! Now how do those pumps feel?

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    The example continues, where Person One is supposed to be an example of a "windbag" , which you are trying to show is me. All you have done is changed the word "Coloradan" for "true Woodsman". If you can't see that then you're less intelligent than I supposed.
    Suppose as much or as little as you will, but this brings me back to a point in why we disagree. I would not have carelessly used the word "True Woodsman" for Coloradan. They are not interchangeable, and the true woodsman definition and Coloradan definition are not the same in my example. It would change my hypo - which you are welcome to do as usual, but I want nothing to do with your change.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I've noticed you and BM in threads other than the ones we disagreed in. Sorry to disappoint your little Jr. High theory about simply carrying a hurt over those.
    Please. What was junior high school was your carrying it around and then blatantly taking that one discussion,dressing it in whorish regalia of hyperbole and peddling it as a representation of what I or BM do. It was cheap and easy. Apparently you cannot take what you are dishing.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    If you deny the truth of what someone says then you are indirectly asking them to back up what they say. Earth to Ina !
    Again, I drew attention to it to point out the convenient and sloppy ass-talking of it, not the falsity. On that: I neither know nor care.
    one of these days you may grasp the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Leave the @#!%$!! thread then, big mouth.
    Hmm . . . what did blue write about problems with women with a mouth . . .


    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Carry on then, in your normal ways. Suits me fine. You weren't the first person I had in mind re: someone who sticks to their blog, anyway. If you ever get the chip off your shoulder though, feel free to come around then.

    Ah, that chip we carry of despising when clueless people purport to speak for us. I think I'll keep it. I'd trade it for a pin to release your hot air if it meant I would attract less of your attention.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  8. #38
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Much as I hate to wade in here with my contrarian size 9s, I feel I must correct you on that last point. Ina didn't make any assertions about the way Fs behave. That comment was mine and I don't think it was ridiculous at all. I think it is self-evident.
    She has made such comments indirectly on other threads. I thought it obvious that my comments about being a contrarian applied to more than simply the thread in question. I mentioned it, as an aside, and then you asked me to elaborate on what I meant. My Indiana example ( which I admitted from the git-go was a simplified example ) was maybe not the best way to show what I was saying. I tried to expand on that with the example about Italian food, which was a better one, IMHO. That one has so far been ignored. If you like, I'll try to keep an eye out in the future for some on the board that are not so hypothetical and simple. Or not. Your choice. You picked out some examples of things you don't like, and implied that this was characteristic of people.... who agree. :horor: I showed additional examples that made that one seem just as simple. My comments on exaggeration referred not to the fact that the examples weren't real, but rather to the implication in your statement about avoiding agreement that this was all that non-contrarians could show for themselves.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  9. #39
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    She has made such comments indirectly on other threads. I thought it obvious that my comments about being a contrarian applied to more than simply the thread in question. I mentioned it, as an aside, and then you asked me to elaborate on what I meant. My Indiana example ( which I admitted from the git-go was a simplified example ) was maybe not the best way to show what I was saying. I tried to expand on that with the example about Italian food, which was a better one, IMHO. That one has so far been ignored. If you like, I'll try to keep an eye out in the future for some on the board that are not so hypothetical and simple. Or not. Your choice. You picked out some examples of things you don't like, and implied that this was characteristic of people who agree. I showed additional examples that made that one seem just as simple. My comments on exaggeration referred not to the fact that the examples weren't real, but rather to the implication in your statement about avoiding agreement that this was all that non-contrarians could show for themselves.
    I didn't address everything in your post, no. If I agree with something, I tend not to comment on it at all. To do so is redundant - see my previous comments. My silence indicates acquiescence, or disinterest, take your pick.

    You also didn't comment on my suggestion that you were threatened by strong-minded women. Should I suppose that you thus validate my point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #40
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You also didn't comment on my suggestion that you were threatened by strong-minded women. Should I suppose that you thus validate my point?
    Oh, but I did comment on it. I said that I didn't feel obliged to trot out the names of women on this and other sites that I think are strong minded women, but who get along fine with me. To be more blunt, then, let me say that I get along fine with some strong minded women, and not with others, as would be the case with any such broadly worded category. Your attempt ( along with your buddy IF4657689's ) to put a feminist spin on these personal differences- FAIL.

    In fact I have gotten PM's from women who tell me that they agree with me, about this issue right here and now, but realize the futility of arguing with people like you. ( I'm not going to name them and so don't bother asking who it is. )
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] NF(P): too-much expectations, yet little work?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 02:12 AM
  2. Fallen Short of Expectations
    By Mempy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO