User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning How to Dance

Senior Member Array

I've taken classes, but I'm hopeless.

It seems to me that you can pretty much write your own ticket as far as fast dances. Make it up as you go along, while looking for space on the dance floor, the lack of which often restricts anything elaborate anyway.

With slow dances you are just kind of holding her close with your right hand on her waist and your left up higher, as you kind of mosey about. The actual "box step" doesn't really seem to be necessary or much in demand.

To do some famous old dances where you twirl her around with your hand up high etc. , or ethnic stuff like the Tango, there's a lot more to it.

But for just the basics allowed at dance clubs it's pretty easy, as long as you have a basic feel for beats, and can anticipate the next pulse. Most songs are written in simple time signatures.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What's the point of dancing? Why would one want to learn it?
    Well, personally, I've found that if a guy can dance well vertically, he usually aint bad horizontally either :P

Other than that: It improves your social skills, it's quite enjoyable, girls dig a guy who can take the lead on a dancefloor and it gives you the opportunity broadening your social circle and meet more girls

I took dance classes for 4 years, and absolutely loved it. After that, I got into bellydance and find that dancing is an absolutely great excuse to go completely raving mad