User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by THEANO View Post
    My purpose is simply to serve as a warning to others. So far it's not working, but I remain hopeful
    tee-hee

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEANO View Post
    My purpose is simply to serve as a warning to others. So far it's not working, but I remain hopeful
    Warn them about what? If you're vague about the warning, maybe it's no surprise it's not working yet.

Unless it was a joke and I missed it, in which case maybe I should sit in the balcony.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Warn them about what? If you're vague about the warning, maybe it's no surprise it's not working yet.

Unless it was a joke and I missed it, in which case maybe I should sit in the balcony.
    I thought it was a joke.
    I hope I wasn't mistaken cause I certainly wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.

MBTI
    ENFP

This is hilarious. I didn't even have to look to figure out thus spoke an INTP
    Yes, it was meant as a joke, and apparently, that was clear to others
    Next time I'll say "LOL" or post a laughing emo to make it clear
    All I know for sure is that I come from a long line of dead people

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Be excellent to each other.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^^ i believe there is truth in all religion but no one is interpreting it right
    and i also believe...everyone is meant to believe what they believe and everyone has their own path...and their own truth and will come to know things as they should
    Wouldn't that mean that everyone was interpreting it in the right way for them? Or do you mean that no one interpretation of religion is the correct one, but rather they all contain some aspect of the Truth?

My purpose is similar to what INTJMom has said, plus fulfilling the command to be fruitful and multiply, and raise my children to follow this purpose as well as I can. And also to enjoy life.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that everyone was interpreting it in the right way for them? Or do you mean that no one interpretation of religion is the correct one, but rather they all contain some aspect of the Truth?

My purpose is similar to what INTJMom has said, plus fulfilling the command to be fruitful and multiply, and raise my children to follow this purpose as well as I can. And also to enjoy life.
    i just mean that i believe all religions are just different interpretations of the same truth but no one has got it quite right.

but...it's possible that someone believes what they do in order to live the type of life that they are meant to live and to learn the lessons they were meant to learn.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i just mean that i believe all religions are just different interpretations of the same truth but no one has got it quite right.

but...it's possible that someone believes what they do in order to live the type of life that they are meant to live and to learn the lessons they were meant to learn.
    I think there's a lot of truth to this. I think if you go through all of them, and pick their similarities, you'll be closer to Truth than any of the specific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by THEANO
    This is hilarious. I didn't even have to look to figure out thus spoke an INTP
    Yes, it was meant as a joke, and apparently, that was clear to others
    Next time I'll say "LOL" or post a laughing emo to make it clear
    Yesterday 09:31 PM
    Ha! I had never heard that expression before. But once I get a feel for some more people around here I'm sure I'll be able to catch on a bit quicker.

MBTI
    INTP

My purpose is to destroy. It is to tear down the structures society has created. It is to ruffle feathers. To lend an opposing point of view in all cases. And we need that. We need the balance. Lord only knows what would happen to the world if idealism ruled. I'm thinking 1984.

This was something I felt bad about for a long time, but now it's ok. The thing about your purpose is that you don't need to be proactive to fulfill it. You just need to be yourself. Don't ever get the notion that you're above nature. You are the way you are for a reason.

MBTI
    ENFP

Ha! I had never heard that expression before. But once I get a feel for some more people around here I'm sure I'll be able to catch on a bit quicker.
    That's ok, Jock. I seem to do this a lot...say things that are tongue in cheek. You'll either start understanding it, or you'll start avoiding my posts. It will work out in the end

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    My purpose is to destroy. It is to tear down the structures society has created. It is to ruffle feathers.
    Oh, I am down with that. Where do I sign up?
    Last edited by THEANO; 11-22-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added quote
    All I know for sure is that I come from a long line of dead people