User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by saieditor View Post
    You had to go to wikipedia for that? How very enfp.

All reality is interpreted reality, that much is true. However, our Antisocial One might have been implying there was something else other than illusion.
    You are right I am saying that there is something more.

The problem is that I dont heve a better word for it. Illusion is the closest but word illusion says that there is something unreal out there and that is not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that we have scientifically proven that our senses don't see the whole picture and they have huge problems comprehending things that are abstract. They can for some degree but at some level things get to abstarct for humans and they can't do anything about it.

The other great problem is that it is very hard to detach yourself enough so that you can go deeper into this.
    Catch is that you have to detach yourself (as much as possible) from something what normal people would call "beign human".
    I mean that stereotype of a mad scientsts exists for a reason.

For example if you don't detach enough from emotional part and use this way of thinking anyway you will end up in spirituality and concepts as God or meaning.
    Which do not exist in this reality if you ask me.
    If you are detached enough socially and emotionally then you can go deeply into science and understand it. No one can disaffirm that this way of using a mind can do a lot and that there are things this way of thinking can figure out and use them. So by all standard definitions this things are real.
    But you can't "see" them with your senses (love included).

In the next few days I will open a thread so we will talk about it there.

MBTI
    istp

correlating existence with purpose is an error in human thinking. we create roads to drive on, buildings to provide shelter, clothes to keep us warm and protect us from the elements. we are largely purpose driven in our daily lives, and so we question what higher purpose our existence serves, when one doesnt necessarily exist.

as for the "purpose" of life, that is to live, and the lifespan of each person is their opportunity to define what living is. some people will say their life has no reason, but that is likely untrue--as long as we have desires, then we can derive reasons and from that, actions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by saieditor View Post
    You had to go to wikipedia for that? How very enfp.

All reality is interpreted reality, that much is true. However, our Antisocial One might have been implying there was something else other than illusion.
    i know...haha...i'm sorry i was just being obnoxious for the fun of it
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Default Re: What is our purpose?

To be. (Possibly the purpose.)

Or not. (Possibly the alternative.)

The dichotomous decision. (Perhaps our choice matters to someone or something and that is the purpose. If not, the choice remains.)

Maybe Shakespeare was onto something.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INxJ

Our purpose is to live. Nothing more. Everything extra is optional.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ok, if the dominant theme is that there is no innate purpose, how about choosing a purpose? What is your chosen purpose?

Mine is to succeed (my own definition) in order to help other succeed.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm pretty sure if we did discover some higher being, we'd just have to show them up. It can't be that hard. We cannot accept "Second" as an option, if we do we die.

I define my purpose, since I am a god and can do so, to use any influence I can to limit the power of hte government outside of areas where they should have a say.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    I'm pretty sure if we did discover some higher being, we'd just have to show them up. It can't be that hard. We cannot accept "Second" as an option, if we do we die.

I define my purpose, since I am a god and can do so, to use any influence I can to limit the power of hte government outside of areas where they should have a say.
    You might need one of those: Don't treat god like a two dollar ho shirts.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP

You and your godly wit!
    You're a god too, btw. We all are. We're humans. Go us.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Our purpose is to live. Nothing more. Everything extra is optional.

My purpose is simply to serve as a warning to others. So far it's not working, but I remain hopeful
    All I know for sure is that I come from a long line of dead people