User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Mine example is not correct since erinavery poted.
    But I see that you get it any way.

What I am saying is that reality exists. The thing is that the way we are experiance it is not giving us the real picture.
    You can play philosophy games with this topic all you want, hell Plato did it way back when, and I am pretty damn sure people probably did it before him. The truth of the matter is that what is real to me is what I choose to be real. I personally choose to percieve everything around me as real, as long as I am not on salvia or shrooms I am going to guess that for the most part, what my sense are telling me actually exists. It could possibly be a delusion of an illusion, but heck I am okay with that because this would be the coolest damn trip anyones ever had.

To erin and Amargith, if you want to get an easy picture of what he is hinting at, think of the movie The Matrix, Or go here for a quick intro.

Still, I do think it would be cool as hell if you started a thread on this Antisocial one.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    To erin and Amargith, if you want to get an easy picture of what he is hinting at, think of the movie The Matrix, Or go here for a quick intro.
    Thnx for giving a concrete example. I had this stuff in college though, so I'm good
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

We are Humans for fucks sake. Our purpose is for whatever we want it to.be. We're the numero uno species. Top of the food chain. We're not subservient to anyone, be it Dolphins, God, or anything. We ARE gods. We give other things purpose. We don't receive orders like slaves.

In biological sense: survive and procreate; be the 'fittest' so we survive. Pass on our information. Repeat. Meh.

Does there need to be a purpose?
    There isn't a purpose unless we create ourselves one.
    In my opinion atleast.

And yes, I didn't bother to read the first posts, just to clear that before anyone says anything about repeating stuff.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    You can play philosophy games with this topic all you want, hell Plato did it way back when, and I am pretty damn sure people probably did it before him. The truth of the matter is that what is real to me is what I choose to be real. I personally choose to percieve everything around me as real, as long as I am not on salvia or shrooms I am going to guess that for the most part, what my sense are telling me actually exists. It could possibly be a delusion of an illusion, but heck I am okay with that because this would be the coolest damn trip anyones ever had.

Still, I do think it would be cool as hell if you started a thread on this Antisocial one.

To me it looks that we have a misunderstanding here.

My first post was philosophical but others were not.
    I wasn't talking about existentialism there but I can see why someone would think I was.

As far as I know existentialism in its essence says that there is no point and everything is pointless and absurd.

I am not saying that, I am saying that there is no such a thing as pointless or absurd. Most of people think that there is meaning and purpose, small number thinks the opposite.
    But what I am saying here is that both approaches are totally biased since they have imagined this concept which are product/byproduct of their minds.
    What I am doing is trying to show that entire philosophy is something that is a byproduct of our biology and that all those great people are talking about has nothing to do with reality we are leaving.
    Since everything what they are sayng is forged out of their emotions,experiances, their hopes and their fears.
    Actually there is no human that is fully immune to this what in the end means that humans are unable to comprehend reality as it is.

People like to have idols and there are many reasons for it but that doesn't mean that what those people are saying has anything to do with actual reality.

I am sure that some people will disagee with me here.

That was about what I wasn't talking, now about what I was talkng.

My position was much more scinentific then it looks like.

For example you can take look at nuclear warheads and you will see no logical explanation to see this objects as a threat and for some reason this objects can wipe out millions just like that.
    That is bacause your impresion of it is wrong(incomplete).
    There are things out there that are invisible but they can be understood, measured and used.

One other example would be optical properties of cristals.
    Today people can use x-rays(which are invisible) to change color of cristals and there is entire industry that is doing things like that every day.

For some time I am thinking about opening a thread for things like this and now I think I will. But I will probably expand the topic a little bit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ i believe i understand your point.
    you're saying we lack the ability to see and feel the scope of reality with our limited vision and/or perception...right?
    like our eyes cannot see every color in the spectrum and our ears cannot hear every decimal of sound...i agree...i believe the other side of life is at a higher vibration that we just cannot experience as we are.
    does that make sense?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What is probably confusing you is that I was talking about some properties of matter. You are probably not the only one that got confused.

The position of modern science is that the world around us is an ilusion.
    What mean illusion?
    Speak Truthfully, Act Righteously

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain normally organizes and interprets sensory stimulation. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilusion
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    We are Humans for fucks sake. Our purpose is for whatever we want it to.be. We're the numero uno species. Top of the food chain. We're not subservient to anyone, be it Dolphins, God, or anything. We ARE gods. We give other things purpose. We don't receive orders like slaves.
    An interesting conclusion.

I always note that another race, superior to the human race, has never visited this planet and made slaves of us.

We are top of the consciousness chain, although.

mineral --> plant --> animal --> human; so no higher form of life than human life on this planet (and in this galaxy, by the looks of things, take a look at the pictures of Mars over on the NASA site)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain normally organizes and interprets sensory stimulation. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilusion
    You had to go to wikipedia for that? How very enfp.

All reality is interpreted reality, that much is true. However, our Antisocial One might have been implying there was something else other than illusion.