User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

3 or 4 different alarm clocks... one in another room. Have one beep, one play radio (talking... a program you find interesting like NPR), and ONE ALARM MUST PLAY BOB DYLAN!!! Bob Dylan is your back up. NO ONE can sleep through dylan. Having one on a radio station you find interesting is good because every once in a while you'll actually be motivated to wake up and listen. OK, good luck!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah the multiple alarm clock method always worked with me.

But it has to be on buzzers only. Radio or music just annoys me, and in my dazed and warm and confuzzled state, I'll gladly hit the off button or snooze button to spite it.

I've used two alarms as well. Works well.

How about the tyrant alarm clock?

tyrant

This alarm clock steals your mobile phone and randomly shuffles through your contact list and calls someone every three minutes after the desired wake up time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Somebody needs to invent an alarm clock where you have to figure out some kinda puzzle to turn it off... the Sudoku alarm clock. It doesn't stop beeping til you fill in the numbers, and it's got an internal battery to keep the beeping going up to a half an hour if you unplug. I have a feeling such a clock would end up being smashed or given up on quite frequently.

Here are some cool puzzle type ones. The mental floss blog rocks btw.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I usually turn all of the clocks off and don't even remember doing so. The only thing that works for me is to really have a good reason to wake up.

I would really like to try the "Wallace and Gromit" style solution, but I don't live upstairs.

I put the two on my alarm clock to times about 3-7 min apart, and switch them around, so that they're not at X:55 and X+1:02 all the time. If I know I'm going to have problems, adderall wearing off and I'll be getting like 2 hours or less of sleep, I use a couple with my cell and put it in a small pile of something.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Another thing I sometimes do is move my clock time ahead like 10-60 minutes right before I'm about to fall asleep, and I try to forgot how much I set the time forward.

So when I wake, and do the usual 'hit the doze button every ten minutes' thing I will eventually get out of bed sooner than I would have.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The true test: Have these solutions worked for you?

Remember that I can't go overboard on the alarm clocks because I have a roommate I don't want to pester.

So Nolla, you do that too? I'm not sure if it happens or not, but I have a feeling it does. It's the only way to explain some things (like last night's alarm).
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

I have had the same problem with alarm clocks. If it is too close, I just hit snooze until I am late. If it is across the room, I will go turn it off while I am still asleep. The only solution that has worked for me is to sleep with a light sleeper. Set the alarm to something that would not wake you up but will wake them up. Then they will elbow you until you get out of bed.