User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Would you like to try anything, psychoactive drug-wise, at least once, before you die?
    I will quote my father

"Every single year people around the world spent billions of dollars on drugs just so that they can be like you. WTF is wrong with you?!"

Just for the record my father doesn't know anything about Ni

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I've stopped drinking (alcohol) at all since a while.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

O.P.
    Drunk is not very exciting at all. Every once in a while, I get a little intoxicated, and I feel no desire to do it again. A few times I took it too far, I had a mild hangover, and I really didn't wanna do it again for a long time. Getting drunk and acting like an idiot with a bunch of drunken idiots (who may not be idiots under normal circumstances) just doesn't appeal to me at all.

MBTI
    IsTP

I really only drink beer anymore, a couple and I can feel a mild buzz, but not too much that I'll regret it the following morning. I'm much less tense, there is a happy medium to be achieved.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    That bored, unpleasantly buzzed feeling is what I always got when I smoked pot, but with alcohol, I tend to become happy, and so boredom doesn't really come to me. If I was depressed or anxious, that goes away. I've drunk alone far more than socially, and I generally just listen to music and talk online while doing so.
    I'm the same, except I usually drink in social situations; when I'm alone I usually like to do things that involve brainpower. A notable exception is my all-night horror movie binges, where alcohol aids the suspension of disbelief (for good horror movies) or increases my sense of humor (for bad horror movies).

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't think they're mutually exclusive reasons though...I wouldn't drink if I didn't enjoy the taste of it. To me, that's the first inkling of a hint of a problem.

I'm moderately fond of some alcoholic drinks, but if inebriation was not part of the deal, I wouldn't bother.

MBTI
    INFP

If three margaritas would give me a buzz I'd probably still be a drinker. That hollow leg was a red flag for me. Crank up tolerance and give yourself an addiction.

I sometimes wonder if those of you who post when you're intoxicated ever go back and read your posts when you're sober.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I don't drink at all.
    I have never tried to smoke a cigarette.
    I have never tried any drugs.
    Also I am lousy company.

I am leaving conclusions to others.
    Same with me. Except maybe the lousy company

I never understood the appeal, but I'm familiar with the harm. On the balance scale, I have no interest in it, or any recreational drugs.

So alcohol diminishes our abstract reasoning and planning abilities as well as the ability to monitor our own behavior in response to external feedback.
    I haven't drank alcohol since trying it in junior high, other than an occasional sip (literally). I can diminish any part of my brain function on command, zo wh zpend all duh dogh on taht shtuff?

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    If three margaritas would give me a buzz I'd probably still be a drinker. That hollow leg was a red flag for me. Crank up tolerance and give yourself an addiction.

I sometimes wonder if those of you who post when you're intoxicated ever go back and read your posts when you're sober.
    I have done this. However, mine are rarely any better when sober than when intoxiated, so far as I can see. Tiredness and hunger seem to have a greater qualitative effect than a bottle of wine or so (maybe if I was REALLY drunk it would make a difference). In fact, some of the "best" (a purely relative term, of course) posts I've done on here have been when I was decidedly the worse for wear. Not that this is a reason to combine the activities of drinking and posting, or for that matter drinking and anything, but neither is it a conclusive reason not to.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, a drunken INFP is not a pretty sight. . . (or so I've been told on more than one occasion.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer