User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

ThatGirl

How shrewd the instinct of the wild, they whisper into the view of the lake

Why does this trolly run at the lake? Its view is receptive and warm. I

remember the warmth of my mothers body before the window was opened

and I was led to the trolly.

With its fringe as it hangs for me. I saw them looking at the water

I hung the fringe hoping that it would swing with the wind but my fringe did

not swing as it swings for you.

For it hung as the bridge over the castle wall that conceles its lofty towers.

Conealing the china that lies in its closet lest the china be reavealed as the

tea set

But this trolly moves into the shadows with its tamborine to dance at the fire

Yeah see thats why I hated english class, I don't write, but thats my impression of victor.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    How shrewd the instinct of the wild, they whisper into the view of the lake
    I loved your opening line, and there were other good ones, too.

Do not ask who the fringe swings for. It swings for thee !
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INxJ

I know this is light hearted considering who the OP is, but I actually think there's a lot of truth to what Victor says.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think his posts become less foggy or pretentious if you change the voice in your head that reads the message.

If you pause at the end of every line, and then read the next while trying to connect it back to the former line, it makes it more complicated. In a way, it's a method that kind of tries to appreciate the poetry, or stylization of the words, but that voice can also be a bit frustrating.

When putting all that effort into creating this more quiet, distant voice, it forms a bit of a rift. And that in itself divides the reader from the poster, since it is then percieved as arrogance or an attempt for attention. At least, that's how it seems for some in how they have recieved his posts.

By reading it with some guy talking more casually in your mind, without stopping at the end of every line, it becomes more natural. I remember in literature class they always try to pound into your head: Don't pause at the end of every line! If you just understand as just an explanation, rather than as some kind of derail to sound more profound, then things become much clearer.

I think, then, at that point you realize it's not him trying to pull random statements, but, rather, him not taking what he says "for granted", so to speak . In doing so, he opens up every door of potential explanation for those vague words or phrases normally thought to be assumed by the reader, like "understanding" or "to be." This way, a more definite outline of the answer to a question may be obtained.

Or something like that. Nothing he says is said to show off, I think.

Or he has one of those reverse-reverse mind traps going on. It's possible, but I'll be optimistic.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

revived because I'm in a trance right now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Victor gets it.

He won't admitt it, because that would be an ego statement, and if anybody has an ego, it isn't him.

Victor gets it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here's my imitation of Victor (sorry if this makes you look silly or is inaccurate, Victor):

I am typing.

And when I type, I seek to convey something about an aspect of the noosphere.

The noosphere blurs the lines between things and erases divisions.

I sometimes miss the former clarity of literacy, but I assuage myself by remembering that the former clarity was an illusion.

Illusions are pervasive in human nature, and I have often fallen prey to them, and seen others fall prey to them. I have sometimes even been under an illusion about what is an illusion. I have decided that reality is the illusion.

Because I am a realist, I am an idealist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Does it strike anyone else as plain pretentious?
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    Does it strike anyone else as plain pretentious?
    Pretension assumes a lack of humility. But I think that it is humility that is truly pretentious.

There is no humility in conformity. Why is it humble to assume you belong to something?

Those who accuse me of pretension are projecting. I forgive them, of course, because they believe pretension is wrong and needs to be forgiven.

I have realized that pretension is not wrong, it is simply a method.

And as with all methods, it the intent behind it that matters.

(Sorry, I'm having too much fun with this now.)

I will honour this thread with my words of wisdom.

It moves like a mirror of understanding.

As understanding is the source of all wisdom.

Wisdom is to the wise a mirror.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.