5w6

Does an ISTJ have Victor nature?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Is it a play act? This "Victor"?
    I say it matters not.
    It's "what" that counts, not "who".
    In the end, only content stays with you, not form.

No, I repeat, there's nothing wrong.
    Probably more concise for some.
    Less translation. Just thoughts.
    Easier to understand?
    Meaning in poetry.
    Greater context, stimulates more thoughts.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But you think I am artificial. You think I am weird. You even think I am a troll.
    I don't know if this post was to me specifically or to the entire forum but if it's to me, then I must ask why you think that I think this about you? I don't recall ever saying or thinking that.

MBTI
    ESFJ

"But rapacity can be a virtue, if you look at it through the wolf's eyes.

I respect this in Americans; they are glorious in their avarice, and recondite in their generosity.

Australians are far more banal, though this is considered a fine trait in Commonwealth nations."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Default La Lutte Continue

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I don't know if this post was to me specifically or to the entire forum but if it's to me, then I must ask why you think that I think this about you? I don't recall ever saying or thinking that.
    Yes, it's a rhetorical question - not meant to be answered. I was expressing a feeling rather than making an accusation.

I think the whole post was an attempt to break on through to the other side.

But you ask, what is the other side?

And it is in asking of the question that puts you on this side.

This side is the cognitive side, the fully awake side, the side that takes control.

The last thing it ever wants to do is give up control - and why should it?

Can it be beaten into submission? Well yes, you can walk vigourously through the Bush for and hour or so, and then stop and look at the view. You will find it will rest and go to sleep for a while and let you take in the magnificent view without questions or explanations or even anxiety. But will wake the moment you start walking again. My father taught me that the most important part of bush-walking was stopping to look and listen.

But if you don't fancy beating it into submission, you can put is to sleep through sheer boredom. All you need to do is keep repeating anything, a thought, a sound or an action, over and over again. You set up a repetitive loop, repeating over and over again, and it will give up trying to understand it and simply fall asleep.

Or you can do as I have done here and make an appeal through the heart. This is the riskiest of all maneuvers because you are facing an armed knight with a drawn sword and you are trying to strike them through the heart. It is almost certain they will resist.

The advantage of the heart maneuver is that it is open and above board. There is no tricky stuff. You are not trying to trick it through exhaustion as in bush-walking; and you are not trying to trick it through boredom as in repetition; you plainly intend to kill it.

They say the greatest skill is to subdue your enemy without fighting. But where is the valour in that?

And when your enemy is yourself, it leaves an unpleasant taste. No, better to be defeated honourably in battle.

And when I come home at night, I find I am alone with the most dangerous person in the world - myself.

And when I turn on the internet, I find I am faced with an array of the knights of Type with drawn swords ready to defend themselves to the death.

How can I resist? Honour demands I slay each and every one of you.

La lutte continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    I fell asleep last night thinking about Victor and how he was sitting on the other side of the world.

And how I admire people who humbly take a stand with someone against a group.

I would like to be that person. But I'm not.

Again and again I find that I have watched passively from the tall grass.

(Insert here a few lines of crazy, zen master stuff that I don't quite follow but makes me laugh)

In my dreams I saw that crazy cat with the penetrating look.

In my sleep I spoke up for Victor.

It was a noise like ghhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa that woke up my husband.
    I heard you in my sleep.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Unique!
    It's brilliant. I only pity the lot who can't comprehend him.
    Yeah, that'd be me, lol.

It drives me nuts, but I can't deny it is unique.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, it's a rhetorical question - not meant to be answered. I was expressing a feeling rather than making an accusation.

I think the whole post was an attempt to break on through to the other side.

But you ask, what is the other side?

And it is in asking of the question that puts you on this side.

This side is the cognitive side, the fully awake side, the side that takes control.

The last thing it ever wants to do is give up control - and why should it?

Can it be beaten into submission? Well yes, you can walk vigourously through the Bush for and hour or so, and then stop and look at the view. You will find it will rest and go to sleep for a while and let you take in the magnificent view without questions or explanations or even anxiety. But will wake the moment you start walking again. My father taught me that the most important part of bush-walking was stopping to look and listen.

But if you don't fancy beating it into submission, you can put is to sleep through sheer boredom. All you need to do is keep repeating anything, a thought, a sound or an action, over and over again. You set up a repetitive loop, repeating over and over again, and it will give up trying to understand it and simply fall asleep.

Or you can do as I have done here and make an appeal through the heart. This is the riskiest of all maneuvers because you are facing an armed knight with a drawn sword and you are trying to strike them through the heart. It is almost certain they will resist.

The advantage of the heart maneuver is that it is open and above board. There is no tricky stuff. You are not trying to trick it through exhaustion as in bush-walking; and you are not trying to trick it through boredom as in repetition; you plainly intend to kill it.

They say the greatest skill is to subdue your enemy without fighting. But where is the valour in that?

And when your enemy is yourself, it leaves an unpleasant taste. No, better to be defeated honourably in battle.

And when I come home at night, I find I am alone with the most dangerous person in the world - myself.

And when I turn on the internet, I find I am faced with an array of the knights of Type with drawn swords ready to defend themselves to the death.

How can I resist? Honour demands I slay each and every one of you.

La lutte continue.
    But... but....I don't wanna be slayed.... and I think you should be nice to yourself. You are pretty great.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Unique!
    It's brilliant. I only pity the lot who can't comprehend him.
    Yeah, I've never had much trouble understanding his posts. He and Wildcat make this site much more entertaining (though I occasionally DO have trouble understanding the latter's posts, I view it as a fun challenge).

MBTI
    infp

Default Please Join Me

They say to understand is to be understood, and so my whole life I have searched to understand.

I remember when I was a child my father would explain to me the global issues and conflicts that I saw on the news before I went to school. He asked me "Do you understand" and I told him that I did, and so he understood me.

And he told me about the global village, and that with the news I was merely peeking into the global village as an outsider.

And now I sit at my computer, but really I am sitting in the global village, as an insider, where people sit at their computers around the world together and create the noosphere. We sit to understand, and so we are understood.

To understand me, you must join me, as if sitting at a computer in the noosphere. And in the noosphere, chaos is as important as order. To understand chaos, we have to see that what is random is orderly, and what is orderly will always appear random when broken into fundamentals.

It is counter-intuitive, like the atom, space, and the global village.

And untill we learn these fundamentals, we are merely peeking into our psyche as an outsider.

And with MBTI, we try desperately to look into our psyche, but really we are staring into the back window of a car that is desperately driving away, and so we stray far outside of our pysche.

And if we are outsiders, we can never achieve enlightenment.

And I am the son of the Scottish/English Enlightenment.

Won't you please join me?