User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 112

  1. #101
    Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Now I know who he is.

    Knowing who he is, it turns out that he has posted before

    I guess he just wasn't too out of place

    Or I was expecting too much...

  2. #102
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    Now I know who he is.

    Knowing who he is, it turns out that he has posted before

    I guess he just wasn't too out of place

    Or I was expecting too much...
    Give it time. He grows on you.

  3. #103
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Give it time. He grows on you.
    There is no other Victor like Victor

  4. #104
    Senior Member laughingebony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    Does it strike anyone else as plain pretentious?
    What is pretentious about writing from the heart?

    And in the attitude with which the heart feels?

    Many of us, in our posting, neglect the attitudes of our hearts.

    We run our thoughts through filters - filters that purge our thoughts of all feeling.

    We filter our thoughts, perhaps, under the veil of being civilized, reasonable, or tactful.

    Indeed, this is how others perceive us.

    But we lie.

    While our posts convey a sense of tact, our hearts scream - "Let me out!"

    Yet we continue to neglect them.

    Victor does not neglect the heart.

    He withholds the filter, letting the lyrical attitude of his heart flow into his interactions with others.

    Others - who wonder what drug he has been taking, or from what mental asylum he came.

    And although some dismiss him as crazy, he continues to reveal his heart to us.

    Victor, in doing such, not only speaks truly; he is truly.

    If we could all post in the attitudes with which our hearts spoke - and all accept each others' hearts without dismissal...

    That would demonstrate true tact.

    Victor, although it may not be his intent, leads a movement in this direction.

    A movement which aims toward expression of both mind and heart.

    For we see, on occasion, a handful of other posters who post with the attitudes of their hearts.

    We should only hope that in leading this movement - the movement against repression of the heart, Victor becomes the victor.

  5. #105
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    After reading some of the other posts .. I am giving myself an F as i didn't keep it to one subject.

    Still fun to do though.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  6. #106
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    l

    o

    l

  7. #107
    Senior Member BallentineChen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laughingebony View Post
    What is pretentious about writing from the heart?

    [...]
    There's nothing pretentious about writing from the heart. What I find pretentious is the language that seems intentionally nebulous and ornate. Simple is beautiful.
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

  8. #108
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default IMO....

    Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    Does it strike anyone else as plain pretentious?
    Yes. I wouldn't mind it as much if he allowed for free-flowing discourse, but, the way he responds is through a pre-determined assumption and he hardly sways from that...which makes knowledge/thought constricting and abortive.

    It's an Ne-funhouse with sprinkles of Ni. Except, it's not N-dominant. All his thoughts appear to connect to/parallels some other thought, analogy, and round-and-round we go. It would be hella fun (and, why I'm greatly amused by his posts) but in terms of asking others to play (i.e., a forum discussion)...it leaves no room for dissent, only those bearing accolades. And, that's thought-constriction, restriction.

    The mystic wants to mystify and those who are demystified are immediately and duly ignored. Illusionary mystic. But, the key to true mysticism is to let it lead you rather than you lead it and to forego an ego-driven purpose. Which is why I can see that Victor isn't Ne-dom (or N-dom). He has a pre-determined course for his thought and follows it, which is why dissent is annoying to him, because he's not as quick to counter (thrown for a loop from his plan) - hence, only reiterate own claim (again and again).

    Once in a conversation, I was truly interested in him fleshing out a thought of his, and asked in plain language (logic-induced language - which irks Victor, logic, as it kills 'mysticism'). Yet, as always, he wanted to follow his own pre-determined course, and ignored my literal questions by answering as he always does, with his own rules. So, I thought, all right, I'll step out to play in YOUR field, let's go. And, showing dissent while playing by his rules had the same conclusion as I assumed. He'd bow out of playing. That's not true N-dom, nor true mysticism, just a pretense of it.

    Example:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-together.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Maybe if sweet can relate to innocence? Then, yeah, I can see how it could also mean gullible.

    Like, Adam and Eve and the apple, or Pandora and her curiosity to open the box. With knowledge comes the diminishing of innocence, and with that, a shwred awareness (killing gullibility).
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And to gull means to deceive.

    So those who gull do deceive.

    And those who are gulled are deceived.

    And the gullible are those who have been deceived.

    This is complicated by the fact that the gullible want to be deceived.

    The gullible read the astrological charts at the back of women's magazines because they want to be deceived.

    And the gullible follow MBTI because they want to be deceived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I don't think a gullible wants to be deceived. Want assumes an awareness. They are too gullible to know deceit to either, (a) avoid it in the first place, and/or (b) want it. As to want is to know of the want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as the damaged want to damage,

    And the deceived want to deceive,

    The gullible want to gull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    To clear up the discrepency: Does the gullible want to be gulled (be deceived) or does the gullible want to gull (to deceive), because of what's been done to them (i.e., assuming then they know they've been deceived)?

    Maybe you want to say, that the gullible who wants to deceive, by the very act of wanting then to deceive, has thus, once again been deceived? If so, how has then he/she been deceived?

    And round and round we go on the merry-go-round of cognitive dissonance. The dizziness is a form of clarity itself, you'll argue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Forgiveness is the strongest solitary soldier against an army of evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Forgiveness is a solitary reed against the rising tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    And just as the tides shall move to the song of the fickle moon, so shall the reed sway but an inch, rooted to the pull of the steadfast earth.
    Victor: silence

    * maybe this is why some of his posts annoy me? because he doesn't fully embrace the wackiness of his own thoughts, if it seems to him, to veer off-(his-pre-determined)-course? Doesn't push that N-connection/association to its boundless infinity (unless he called it first)? If you want to present the face of indulging in boundless thought-association, do it to its fullest, or don't pretend it so.

  9. #109
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Here's my imitation of Victor (sorry if this makes you look silly or is inaccurate, Victor):

    I am typing.

    And when I type, I seek to convey something about an aspect of the noosphere.

    The noosphere blurs the lines between things and erases divisions.

    I sometimes miss the former clarity of literacy, but I assuage myself by remembering that the former clarity was an illusion.

    Illusions are pervasive in human nature, and I have often fallen prey to them, and seen others fall prey to them. I have sometimes even been under an illusion about what is an illusion. I have decided that reality is the illusion.

    Because I am a realist, I am an idealist.
    A good post about illusion.

    It reminds me of old Leonid.
    He was a realist. Therefore he was a cynic.
    A cynic is only interested in the image.
    Of how things look.

    I was fascinated by that snake.
    For years, Nikita fed him on his lap.
    Leonid did not bite for decades.
    He waited for the poison to build up.

    One day Nikita was removed from his post.
    I read it in the newspaper.
    I saw pictures of three men.
    Leonid, Kosygin .. and a hoodlum called Podgorny.

    Later, Kosygin and Podgorny were removed from their posts.
    Leonid became a Marshal of the Soviet Union.

    One day Gorba came along.
    The first idealist in the history of the USSR.
    And the last one.

    The realist is not interested in the real. He is interested in the image of the real.
    The image of the real is the ideal.
    The idealist is not interested in the ideal.

    Gorba could have kept his post.
    And the Soviet Union.
    He did not.
    Why?

    An idealist is only interested in the real. It is therefore he is an idealist.

  10. #110
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    ^Win.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What type is the most likely to make a "What type is the most likely" thread?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 01:32 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Analysis: The "Hate an NF" threads
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM
  4. "The Writing Diet"
    By booyalab in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
  5. The jesus general babbling thread
    By Valiant in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO