User Tag List

123 Last

Default The Introvert Rant Thread

So this is a thread where we introverts can rant about all the things we have to put up with in this world focused on extroverts.

A typical situation:

I am sitting by myself in peace and quiet, using my Ni to think deep and magnificent thoughts, feeling happy and content when suddenly my ESFP flatmate bursts into the room and destroys my peace by talking... and doing more talking... and even more talking. I would just like to ignore her but I don't want to be rude and feel propelled by my Fe to focus my energy on her. That all wouldn't be that bad if I could actually share the very profound thoughts I just had with her but since she is not the analytical type her talking centers mainly around statements like "I just ironed my dress but now it is creased again." or "I have just eaten but still feel hungry."

I am feeling more and more drained but finally manage to escape. Pheww!!

So extroverts, if you enter a room and see a pondering introvert please don't burst into his quiet space with a "Crash!Boom!Bang!" but approach the introvert slowly, with a calm tone of voice and try to figure out first if the introvert actually feels like talking to you. He will love you for it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Awww, ok, that's good to know. And you can return the favor by telling us what deep thoughts you were actually thinking of when we burst into the room as we are dying to know
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Awww, ok, that's good to know. And you can return the favor by telling us what deep thoughts you were actually thinking of when we burst into the room as we are dying to know
    I like my alone time too.
    Too much socializing and I feel overwhelmed!
    It's like this, we are going around and we judge/remember/connect with people/friends we come across, building up a bank of experiences and memories.
    We slowly organize these thoughts and memories into detailed info that we store away in our emotional and instinctual bank. If we spend too much time with people, we are continuously gathering info and we are soon flooded with piles of things we need to remember, or we feel naturally that we need to remember. That's why we need our alone time to sort ourselves out, and as for those deep thoughts, they're probably thoughts of reminiscence, remembering the good and bad times of that day and saturating our moods with pleasant thoughts and things of a similar nature.
    There!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    So extroverts, if you enter a room and see a pondering introvert please don't burst into his quiet space with a "Crash!Boom!Bang!" but approach the introvert slowly, with a calm tone of voice and try to figure out first if the introvert actually feels like talking to you. He will love you for it.
    This has less to do with whether or not someone is an extrovert than whether or not they're an idiot.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This has less to do with whether or not someone is an extrovert than whether or not they're an idiot.
    True, but even so, the idiot is likely to be an extroverted one rather than an introvert.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    True, but even so, the idiot is likely to be an extroverted one rather than an introvert.
    Or rather, annoying extraverts are more obvious than annoying introverts.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Ja.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    That's true.

When I thought I was an introvert, I attributed more of my problems to the introvert-extrovert divide. Now I think the sensor-intuitor divide is larger, and that obnoxious can appear almost anywhere....

Extroverts who are narcissistic and can't shut up drive me crazy.
    Introverts who think they have something massively amazing going on in their head/are super stubborn drive me crazy.

Either way it's all about respect. I'd be pissed off if someone disrespectfully burst into my room while I'm trying to concentrate too. Good luck with that, lol.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I love it when someone ask you a question they already know the answer to just for the sake of conversation, when you so obviously don't wanna talk.

Cause no one can be so stupid as to depend on you to tell them that the stack of unopened envelopes on the table with our address on the front, is in fact the mail.

Seriously, I refuse to believe that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You should just tell your flatmate, (when you're not mad) that you need to be alone sometimes... otherwise you'll just resent her more and more...