User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

My introvert rant: I am pretty outgoing with my small circle of friends. So much so that I would bet that all of them think of me as being an extravert. Then when I am around new people or in a crowd, they expect the same of me and are always questioning why I am being so quiet. It drives me nuts. Dance monkey, dance!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    If you and your friends share NO common interests, I question the fact that you guys are 'friends'.
    We share some common interests (though my friends often seem to hate one another), but what's the point of talking about them if we have nothing new to say? If you are consistently able to redirect mundane conversations in entertaining directions, I'm happy for you, but I lack that ability. And why are you taking a fairly standard personality difference (I'm not the only introvert who hates talking on the phone, or small talk in general) so personally?

One reason I dislike phone conversations (besides a dislike of redundant small talk) is that I do not enjoy multi-tasking. My friends will often call me while they are delivering pizzas or level-grinding on WoW. That's fine for them, but I can't enjoy other things while talking on the phone with someone-which means I would highly prefer that they have some interesting topics of conversation already in mind when calling me.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    My introvert rant: I am pretty outgoing with my small circle of friends. So much so that I would bet that all of them think of me as being an extravert. Then when I am around new people or in a crowd, they expect the same of me and are always questioning why I am being so quiet. It drives me nuts. Dance monkey, dance!
    This must be an INTP thing becuase I am the exact same way. Sometimes I feel like I'm three completely different personalities. The way I am alone, the way I am with close friends, or just the way I am towards the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    This must be an INTP becuase I am the exact same way. Sometimes I feel like I'm three completely different personalities. The way I am alone, the way I am with close friends, or just the way I am towards the general public.
    I think it is more than just an INTP thing because I feel exactly the same way too.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think it is more than just an INTP thing because I feel exactly the same way too.
    Totally.

I am outgoing if I can fly with what to say or be a clown without much thought. I cannot be the center of a crowd at all

My school is small and close knit, so I'm semi comfortable with most people. I get to be my inner clown and be free
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

E's don't really bother me. They're a lot of fun and I like being around them. I grew up around all EF's so I'm used to them and understand them pretty well but sometimes they don't understand me and that kinda sucks.

MBTI
    ENTP

For me, strangely enough i dont have close small number of friends. I just have many friends which i'm not very close with. I can switch extrovert mode even meeting with strangers.
    But i know i'm an introvert b/c instead of chatting at the caf i often go hang out at the library by myself.

MBTI
    INTP

Sensors annoy the hell outa me. And people dont use analytical thought enough. Makes for a stoic exterior and a busy as hell mind.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    Sensory annoy the hell outa me. And people dont use analytical thought enough.
    What do you mean "enough." Enough for what purpose?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What do you mean "enough." Enough for what purpose?
    Enough meaning it's not their default method of thought. It's makes for a "huh" reaction when I decide to voice a bit of whats on my mind. I mind think its fine for casual conversation but most people find such analytical thought good for writing papers or dissertations.