User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    Oh gross, the holidays are coming...
    I know. The difference between me and my mom is that she is completely oblivious that her gifts are.. well, terrible.

I know I'm horrible at finding gifts for people, its difficult. Last year I got my mom a bird feeder and my dad a bottle of Pendleton. I recently visisted and the bird feeder is still in the garage and the Pendleton still in the freezer.

MBTI
    INFJ

Public transportation. Either someone is blasting out his/her eardrums with an iPod turned all the way, or they're having loud conversations about shopping or drinking.

Yesterday a woman on the train was talking at the top of her lungs about every silly thing. "Willits? Where the heck is Willits? When I first heard about it I thought it was Willows. Why would someone name a place Willows?"... As I got off the train I heard her say "Someone said I'm A Type. What's that?"
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    ...Yesterday a woman on the train was talking at the top of her lungs about every silly thing. "Willits? Where the heck is Willits? When I first heard about it I thought it was Willows. Why would someone name a place Willows?"... As I got off the train I heard her say "Someone said I'm A Type. What's that?"
    omg. You're making me cry.

Sometimes life is too surreal to be true.

I always summed up E's (especially EP types) as people who constantly have to ask, "Uh oh, did I think that out loud again?"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Most extroverts rarely seem interested enough in others to ask questions. Even though I generally don't care to talk about myself, it's still nice to have somene ask me a question that I can choose not to answer
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Most extroverts rarely seem interested enough in others to ask questions. Even though I generally don't care to talk about myself, it's still nice to have somene ask me a question that I can choose not to answer
    Lane, You're a fascinating girl!

I would absolutely love to hear more about you.

My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think you have to simply let your ESFP friend know that you want to have alone time.
    People don't always know what you are thinking.
    She could be thinking that you are just sitting around being bored.

Also, what proof do you have that she wouldn't be interested in your profound thoughts?
    I know people like her and suspect that you are right that it isn't a good idea to have deep conversations with her but I am simply curious on why you think that is the case.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Public transportation. Either someone is blasting out his/her eardrums with an iPod turned all the way, or they're having loud conversations about shopping or drinking.

Yesterday a woman on the train was talking at the top of her lungs about every silly thing. "Willits? Where the heck is Willits? When I first heard about it I thought it was Willows. Why would someone name a place Willows?"... As I got off the train I heard her say "Someone said I'm A Type. What's that?"
    hahahahahahahaa.
    this thread is pretty humbling for me...

MBTI
    INTP

I hate it when I'm attempting to take my mind of off some dreary task by thinking about something that takes me beyond the mundane reality, and some E that I'm working with wants to take his mind off the same task by talking to me-which drags my mind back to the miserable task I had half-forgotten I was doing!

I also get annoyed by E friends that want to talk on the phone all the fucking time without anything in particular to talk about.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default The Introvert Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    Oh gross, the holidays are coming...
    Dear God. The love of my life's b-day is on Thanksgiving! And my roommate's b-day is 3 days before that. Sheesh! At least I remembered the dates; not that either would let me forget!:steam:
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck
    I also get annoyed by E friends that want to talk on the phone all the fucking time without anything in particular to talk about.
    The importance about talking about 'nothing' is that it can often lead to great opportunities for good humor and these times of talking about 'nothing' can often help strengthen the friendships you have.

You never know when nothing turns into something.
    What I do is take control of the conversation I hold and if I see that it's boring me that I will change it to something that we both can be interested in.
    If you and your friends share NO common interests, I question the fact that you guys are 'friends'.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx