User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Meeting new people and making new friends is so. much. work!
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

damn... I'm often the jackass who bursts into a room in order to announce something AWESOME that I just learned/saw/heard because I'm excited and I assume that if someone is just sitting there alone they must want some mental stimulation and excitement as well!

Yeah- this jackassery is merely a form of presumed generosity on the part of the offending extrovert (probably an ExxP)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and I assume that if someone is just sitting there alone they must want some mental stimulation and excitement as well!

Yeah- this jackassery is merely a form of presumed generosity on the part of the offending extrovert (probably an ExxP)
    Jumping to conclusions. But if we know you, we know there were no ill intentions.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    So extroverts, if you enter a room and see a pondering introvert please don't burst into his quiet space with a "Crash!Boom!Bang!" but approach the introvert slowly, with a calm tone of voice and try to figure out first if the introvert actually feels like talking to you. He will love you for it.
    Yes, approach slowly and cautiously... you never know when an introvert might snap and pull out his assault rifles and blow your head off!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

damn... I'm often the jackass who bursts into a room in order to announce something AWESOME that I just learned/saw/heard because I'm excited and I assume that if someone is just sitting there alone they must want some mental stimulation and excitement as well!

Another thing, don't ask a blatant introvert whether something is boring or exciting because we're on totally different activity level planes than you extroverts.

Exciting to extroverts = overload for introverts
    Exciting to introverts = not too exciting for extroverts

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Exciting to extroverts = overload for introverts
    Exciting to introverts = not too exciting for extroverts
    Not really; some things I find exciting could likely kills some Es from heart failure.

I'm pretty E and so talk to people sometimes at random. I know when I've met an I because they tend to let me do all the talking and ramble on. They get this look in their face like "what is this guy's problem." Sometimes I feel evil and keep talking just to see how they'll get out of it. Usually, though, I spew mercy and go on my way.

But I too do get overwhelmed. I do prefer sitting in a dark room reading than socializing. But when I get into a social situation I become a beserker E. Strange dichotomy.

But yes, this is an E world. Very unfair. Is can have many advantages over Es intellectually.
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked

MBTI
    IsTP

Any holiday or specific date where I have to send a card or gift to somebody. I hate those dates, how I have to go out and do something to prevent somebody's feelings from getting hurt. I can never remember my mother or my fathers birthdays.

MBTI
    ENTP

ive been wondering what is the advantage of being introverted, i mean of course there are. But in terms of societal success point of view, being extrovert helps alot more? maybe i'm getting something confused.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Any holiday or specific date where I have to send a card or gift to somebody. I hate those dates, how I have to go out and do something to prevent somebody's feelings from getting hurt. I can never remember my mother or my fathers birthdays.
    Oh gross, the holidays are coming...
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    ive been wondering what is the advantage of being introverted, i mean of course there are. But in terms of societal success point of view, being extrovert helps alot more? maybe i'm getting something confused.
    We are content just with our own company which is a big plus. And I think Is can be more independent since they don't depend on other people's energy/opinions that much. Plus the internet would feel much emptier without us.