User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Questionairre

If you had the opportunity to change your type, to which would you change it and why?

I'd take almost any other type (except maybe INFP, since they have many of the same pitfalls, and could be worse as a guy).

It seems like being an E would be better. Just change that, and I become an ENTP, and maybe I'd be the inventor/entrepreneur I always wanted to be instead of simply a dreamer.

It seems like being a J would be better also. Change that, and I'd be an INTJ, and would be fairly successful at whatever I did. Setting clearer goals, making plans to achieve them, and tracking progress.

Although, being an S may have given me a harder time at school, it would make me an ISTP, and that would give me many things, including: 1) being more directive (rather than informative), and there by more confidence and social skills, 2) being more practical (should speak for itself) which means getting along better in life 3) being more present and in-the-moment, yielding better health.

Do you feel misunderstood?
    Yes. Usually. I am fairly good at clarifying my thoughts in writing. Vocally, it is a completely different matter.

Do first impressions go well for you?
    No. Usually, I come of as inept, antisocial, weird, mute, or robotic.

What qualities should a best friend possess?
    Patience, caring, tolerance of eccentricities.

Do you get along easily with others?
    Ironically, yes. Those who know me well, have a hard time thinking anyone believing people could think ill of me (and have said so out-right).

What do you appreciate most about the opposite gender?
    Other than the obvious heterosexual response? I don't believe that the "gender differences" matter much on an individual to individual basis.

What are the simple pleasures you enjoy in life?
    I like to think and ponder about things. When the consequences don't matter, and I can simply toy with ideas, it is as close to blissful as I feel.

When you face troubles, what comforts you?
    Well. I have a tendency to have reasonably good judgment even when things are falling apart around me and inside me. I've manage to do pretty well even when I'm suicidally depressed, and there's all sorts of political stuff going on at work and in my extended family.

I suppose you could say I take comfort in reason.

What do you hate & love most about this world?
    I hate how much ego ruins what is good for all concerned. If we didn't have people who worked to protect their own reputations over what was best for them all concerned (even themselves), then things would be a lot better.

I love the human ability to band together and help each other. I think through this, all problems that matter can be solved.

What are you impassioned for?
    I guess, I have a passion for technology. Specifically, when it is used to free people of their burdens. Though, it is often used to "enslave" rather than liberate them, and this upsets me greatly.

What do you think about most often? (Keep this PG eh)
    I think about "problems," usually philosophical or mathematical in nature.

What emotion do you experience most often?
    loneliness.

What is your primary love language (affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, touch)?

I haven't thought about it much.
    Time, I guess. I am not sure about "quality," but when I care about someone, I am usually just "there." I'll do acts of service, but often I find, people just like me being there, even if I don't say or do much.

Optimist/pessimist?
    Neither. Both. It depends on my evaluation of the particular situations. I can swing to both extremes.

Do you feel alone?
    Yes.

What is the meaning of life?
    I have no freaking clue.

Are you afraid to die?
    Yes. There is too much I want to do or try.

Is there anything after death?
    I don't know. I hope so.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

Oooh, I want to play!

If you had the opportunity to change your type, to which would you change it and why?

I am not sure I'd change into one type - as there are qualities in every type, and the more we are about to have the qualities of various types, the better person we'll be. Of course, this also means that people might think we're moody.

Absolutely - but I don't think it has anything to do with personality types. The world is full of those who aren't introspective, and thus, don't feel the need to self analyze or even take on social justice projects. As such, my work, the questions I ask and the things I being up are seen as not being "the norm."

Most people have liked me better after having heard me speak and spending time with me. But after the first handshake, it almost appeared I seem fake or too off the wall for people.

The qualities one seeks in a lover - minus the sex, or if you're dating your best friend, or if your SO is your best friend, then yeah, let's throw the sex in there, too.

I do, most of the time, when we're just being silly and having fun; but once the conversation gets to politics or anything that requires an in-depth analysis, I become almost an attack dog with anyone who makes silly/unfounded comments. I don't mind disagreements. I mind stupidity.

I don't see there's anything intellectually or personally that are different between women and men. That is, to say, we're all people, and so the only difference, I suppose, is body parts, and I appreciate body parts. But in a mate, I seek intelligence and kindness and independence and altruism and intellect.

A good piece of steak, London Broil, or just curling up to a nice book, a glass of wine and the sound of waterfalls ...

I don't rely on things to comfort me, but rather, see troubled times as a set of challenges I've got to overcome. Seeing it as a challenge motivates me to do whatever I can to improve the situation.

I love being able to change the world - looking both inward and outward, and changing the social dynamics of the world, as to bring equality for all. As for what I hate - I think it's probably ...poop.

See above?

The plights of others and how I can help - and ...sex!

A cross between happiness, empathy and anger. I feel anger and empathy when I see those who have not been given a shot, and I am most happy when I am interacting with people, as to figure out how they can be helped and hearing their life stories.

What is your primary love language (affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, touch)?

Latin! No, words of kindness are probably the gift I give the most. I don't give a lot of time, but I definitely also give touch. Sometimes, just a simple, "I am in awe of you," is good enough of a gift to give someone.

Optimist/pessimist?

I see the things that are wrong with the world, but I also take great steps in improving them - so ...both? Like a hermaphrodite!

Do you feel alone?

Not when you're around!

Hmmm, the meaning of life is different for everyone, as is the meaning of God and what they're called to do. For me, it's to provide others with opportunities to improve their own lives and to find their own truths. In short: social justice.

Are you afraid to die?

Not in a sense that I am afraid for myself; but being pretty damn arrogant, I'd like to think that a short life would mean the world will not get an opportunity to see me in action, a chance to be saved ...

Again, this is different for all, but for me, there is nothing after death - that is why we live this life to the fullest, rather than waiting for the next. We have one shot and one life to positively make life better for everyone, and I'd urge that we call take it. Divinity, for me, isn't about reaching up toward the skies, but rather, down toward those who need our help the most.
    "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what's right with America." ~~ Bill Clinton.

MBTI
    ENTP

Either and INTJ or an INFJ because of thier depth, but I am happy with who I am.

Yes, I do, but there are some people in my life that get me. The facade people perceive is incongruent with who I am internally. The only people that understand me are the ones that take the time to listen to me.

If I try, then yes, but from a distance I think that I come off as being a cold bitch.

They need to be dedicated to being a friend to me, and they really need to care. They need to understand me, and they need to go on my little tangents with me. They need to accept me for who I am, but they also need to challenge me to become better. They need to be fun and random aswell.

Yes, I do, but I am really good at putting up a likable facade.

I tend to relate to them very well, and I tend to have more interests in common with them.

The rain, learning, music, food, wine, walking in nature and my cat.

Knowing where I am going and what my purpose in life is.

I hate narrow mindedness, intollerence, hatred and inequality. I love nature and having loving relationships with other people.

Helping people in the rare oppertunities that they are open to it, and I have what needs to be offered. I love really effecting lives in a positive way when the rare chances come about.

What do you think about most often?
    Inequality/socital issues and thier roots. I am also very introspective, and I do a lot of work internally.

Happiness.

Quality time and touch.

Optimist/pessimist?
    I am a more realistic optimist.

Do you feel alone?
    No, I know I am loved and I have a lot of "friends" but I long for a really deep connection with a friend.

You need to find something that is true for yourself and live and die for it. I could be a concept, a religion, a family unit, but it all comes down to finding a purpose and living it out. For me, it is stopping the injustices I can, and I found this purpose through my truth, which is my religion.

Are you afraid to die?
    No, but I am afraid to have my mind rot and have my body live.

Yes, I am convinced that there is.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Don't know. Maybe I would try to be more T, but that's all.

No way. I'm just different and that's awesome!

Most of the time.

The ability to shut their mouth and let me talk - no, just kidding! But they do need the ability to shut their mouth because I have secrets. Awesome secrets, I must admit, but they're still secrets!

With nice people, yes. With boring people, no.

Honestly? You don't want to know.

That's my little secret!

Candy!

Haven't thought about that yet.

A lot.

My sweetie (duhh!)

I hide my emotions. For a reason.

Giving gifts, hugging, stuff like that.

Optimist/pessimist?
    My parents learned me that the only way to be happy is by being pessimistic, but I don't care. I'm a born optimist.

Do you feel alone?
    Right now? Yeah!

I don't think everybodys life has a meaning. Some peoples lifes have meanings. Other peoples lifes don't. I know, it's cruel, but there are some zombie kind of people out there who don't seem to have like a soul or anything and I just can't imagine that there lifes actually has a meaning - it just exists!

Are you afraid to die?
    Nah.

I'll tell you what you will find after death: A SURPRISE! YAY!!!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

ESFP because I admire my husband's qualities. Easy going and care free, everyone loves him. Now me on the other hand, hard-working and caring. I just get used..

Not at all. I think I am very expressive and I love to explain things down to the smallest detail. I might actually bore others with it, so luckily (for them) I just make jokes and short replies. Others not only seem to understand me, but I tend to evoke the emotion that I want.

For the most part yes, when I speak, but my appearance needs more care. Like loss of weight and the clothes to go with it. I am definitely working at it.

Not only taking, but being able to give once in awhile. At least a phone call or a visit to my house, instead. Personality wise: bubbly, energetic and understanding. Oh I almost forgot and really big ears

Yes, unless they are loud, ruthless and highly arrogant.

That you can work great with them (men) and not have to listen to gossip or worrying about being a part of the group.

Cool breezes, sound of the wind, sun on my skin, wind in my hair and coffee.

My husband listening to my concerns or details of the day.

I love nature and everything about nature. I hate heavy congested cities, the noise and sweltering heat especially in Cairo, Egypt.

I don't give into passions. I have read ISFJ's are the least hedonistic of the types. Ok maybe a really great book or learning something new.

How I handled the situation of the day or the situation I will have to face later in the day.

Satisfaction, it used to be optimism, but I will settle with satisfaction.

Spending time deep in conversation.

Optimist/pessimist?
    Optimist for the most part. The past few weeks were difficult though. I feel that it is past me now and life will definitely look up.

Do you feel alone?
    Rarely, only at times when I wish I had a best friend, but most of the time I wish if I had some time alone.

Whatever it is you are looking for and what we all look for eventually, we will find.

Are you afraid to die?
    No, I wasn't afraid of being born.

Probably, the body is only a physical vessel to move our spiritual beings..
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

Hmm, I think I'd choose ENFJ, ENFP or INFJ. I rather enjoy being NF, it's the others that I usually am frustrated with.

Almost always.

Never. Never, ever.

Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty. Someone I know would never cross me, then I could trust and love them easily.

Define 'others'. Honestly, yes, but it's the people I live with day-to-day that I can't stand and who can't stand me. Give me a fresh face and I'll love them temporarily. Make me see them everyday/live with them, that's a different story.

Most of them have a "no-drama" policy that I adore, among other obvious things.

Art, nature, music, affection (simple hug, kiss, etc.)

Knowing that I'll be OK. That my troubles are temporary and I'll come through them.

Hate: ignorance, evil, etc.
    Love: just about everything else

Life. All expressions of love and emotion. Other things that I can't think of right now.

My future. What could be, what may be. Kyrielle really describes it best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I think about how the universe works a lot. I think about what it's like to be in "x" situation and how it would feel exactly and how I would react. I think about and mentally visit places I've dreamt about/read about/imagined and what would happen there. Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to be a spy, or a hero. The scenario "what would happen if a giant monster made of shadows attacked the city and you're the only one to stop it" plays in my head often whenever I'm listening to heroic/adventurous music. I think secretly I wish I could go on one of the adventures I read about, eventhough I know I'd be whining and complaining the whole way just like Bilbo in The Hobbit.
    Hm...I'd have to say that there are many. Really. I often experience emotions I didn't even know I had. They just snowball me and I'm left feeling distraught, alone, etc.

Touch, quality time, affirmation, etc.

Optimist/pessimist?

It depends on the day, really.

Do you feel alone?
    Yes, and it paralyzes me.

To live and let live. Survive through the years you're alive and take anything and everything you can from it.

Are you afraid to die?

Sometimes, yes, but sometimes I'm not.

Yes. Heaven/hell.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post

I was expecting something theological. But that's just morbid.
    I think the biology of death is interesting. (And so is the theology. ) The book "How We Die" is pretty good.

I would change into an extrovert in a heartbeat. But the other things? I'm not sure.

All the time. I know it's mostly me. I'm not the clearest person in the world. I'm working on it.

No. Most people say things like, "You were really quiet." Yeah, so? I'M LISTENING.

We should be on roughly the same wavelength. Honesty! Loyalty. A good listener. Silly and serious.

I get along with everyone, but I'm not super close with everyone. Meaning, I never get in arguments, but I'm not BFFs with everyone.

Hmm...I find that my guy friends are more honest and direct than my female friends. And there is less BS involved. Way less complicated. They appreciate my inappropriate jokes a lot more.

And they're good for opening bottles and jars.

I like conversation. I can sit and talk to someone for hours, and do nothing else "exciting", and I'm fine.

I'm comforted by the fact that I have people that love me that I can go to for help.

People. I love people and I hate people.

Um, people again. I want to figure out the best way to help other people and make a difference. I don't know myself very well yet, so I'm still figuring out my strengths and weaknesses and such.

The free-will versus destiny thing. How much of what I do actually makes a difference? How much should I try and how much should I just let things happen? Where should I try and where should I let things happen?

*brain explosion*

Bittersweetness. Is that an emotion? It is now.

Quality time. Fo sho.

Optimist/pessimist?

Depends on the day. Today, I'm a pessimist because I'm looking for a summer job and it's freaking me out.

Do you feel alone?

I know I'm not, but yes, I feel that way sometimes. I think it's mostly the introversion, and I was really shy growing up. I've done some growing out of it, but I still have a lot of work to do.

Love Christ. Love other people.

Are you afraid to die?

No, but I'm afraid for other people to die. Well, not "afraid", but I'll miss them a lot.

Yep. I don't think it will be anything like how we imagine it, though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

I won't. When younger/ less mature I wanted/ wished to feel more, though. Be more 'normal', more innocent and less cynical.

Sometimes, but not often.

Yes, I go ENTP-like when socializing.

Loyalty.

Yes.

Hmm. That they have more in common in interests/ mindset with me than my own.

Hot chocolate, sleep, cakes, socializing over coffees.

Knowing that I'm stubborn enough to survive it.

Humanity, the way society creates and recreates itself. It's both horrible and morbidly fascinating. Like watching a chain car crash.

About things I want and the ways I'm going to make them real/mine.

Things to do, my goals, my plans. : )

Determination.

Trust? Maybe attention and understanding. Mostly understanding, I know it's not that easy to be in a relationship with me.

Optimist/pessimist?

Realist. ; ) I aim high, so maybe more optimist than a pessimist.

Do you feel alone?

No, I appreciate my friends. I also understand that some wars are my own and I have to rely on myself about those.

Knowing what you really want to do with it. Or what for.

Are you afraid to die?
    I am if I can't own up to a particular someone who's already gone. And who I expect/hope to meet again on the other side, complaining about how long I made them wait. : ]

I don't really care, as long the previous question's scene happens.
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    ESFJ

For one day only, i would like to be an INTJ/INFJ, only because they are so opposite to me. I would like to think without feeling.

Not really.

Yes. I am to damn trusting though so i usually get hurt.

Outgoing, honesty, reliable/dependable.

I think so. I try and bring out the best in people, i see their potential. I am noticing now though without even looking at the personal details on the side of the thread when an INxx is making a remark about something.

Ohhh, good one. Nothing really. I think i need to meet someone who makes me go 'WOW' .. I haven't met him yet.

Sitting in the garden and listening to the birds chirping away and realising i am alive. Walking down the road and stretching out my fingers to feel the wind blow threw them. Just the little things.

Perfect quote .. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage.
    However, courage does not always roar, sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Love - My children, my cat and my mum. The fact that i have potential and i can get anything i want in this world, if i put the effort in. Good people.

Hate - People who i help, treating me like shit and screwing me over. Dishonest people. No chocolate biscuits in my cupboard. lol

Respect and understanding.

How much people have hurt me, how i think maybe i don't deserve to be happy in love. Maybe i am kidding myself that i do deserve better.

Anything to do with feeling ..

Ohhhh .. Quality time and touch i think.

Optimist/pessimist?

depends on the day and mood .. Mostly i am optimistic.

Do you feel alone?

No, i have 2 great kids. I miss feeling secure and protected although i would never admit this to anyone in person (weakness/stubbornness).

To live it hard, to live it fast. take very opportunity that comes your way. To die with dignity saying 'I did it my way'. Wicked

Are you afraid to die?

No. I fear other people dying as its to emotional, can't handle it. I feel for the other left behind. Irrational thinking here though, when i die i want to be wearing a coat in my coffin. I don't like the cold. Stupid i know. lol

Oh yes ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP

I wouldn't change my type because I wouldn't be good at being this me if I was some other me.

I feel like people don't understand me most of the time, and most of the time, I don't understand people. I don't mind as much anymore, but it annoys me when people misinterpret my intentions.

No idea...If I had to guess, I'd say no.

Similar sense of humor, tolerance, honesty, and strength of character.

I'm very reserved, so I wouldn't say I get along with people, but I'm not clashing with them either. I don't actively like or dislike people unless I've gotten to know them well.

Dunno?

Music, chocolate, reading, bubble wrap, weather around 65 degrees F, flipping quarters, listening to the rain, feeling vibrations, watching the leaves stir in the wind, zoning out to the sounds of busy people in airports/malls, and jumping out of strange places to scare my dog.

My favorite comedy shows, retreating into my fantasies, and/or a good, long cry.

I hate people and the things they do to each other: the little injustices, the great atrocities, the endless cycles of pain people cause. I hate feeling helpless about it all. I love nature: the beauty and violence, the way light paints the world with so many vivid colors, the scent of a storm, the sounds the birds make. I love music, the way it can change the negative feelings I felt a moment before.

Music (I'll stop answering with that) and learning.

Myself.

Ah, I haven't thought about this one before...Amusement. So much that happens in life is absurd and funny.

When giving, I listen when they need me to listen and tell them that I love them when I feel mushy. From people I love, I need support and encouragement. I guess I'm an "I'll be there for you and you be there for me" type person. I don't need gifts or extravagant declarations. An "I love you. Let's have French toast" works just fine.

Optimist/pessimist?
    Depends on the situation. If it's about someone I care about, even a little, I expect the best for and of them. If it's about the world or myself, I'm pretty pessimistic.

Do you feel alone?
    Yes.

Depends--whose life? For me personally, I haven't figured it out yet. If you mean life in general, I don't think there is really a Meaning of Life.

Are you afraid to die?
    No. I don't anticipate it...what happens happens. I don't want to die, but there's not much I can do about that. If I spent my time worrying about it, then it wouldn't be a life worth living anyway.

Zombies arising to "Thriller." Mhm.