MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I actually find death fascinating.
    What part of it?
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    What part of it?
    The part where your heart stops.

MBTI
    INtP

If you had the opportunity to change your type, to which would you change it and why?
    No, I don't think so. I'd like to be a bit *less* introverted sometimes, but not so much that I'd make any large changes.

Do you feel misunderstood?
    I think everyone feels misunderstood sometimes. It doesn't particularly bother me that much, being misunderstood, but it would be nice to connect on occasion.

Do first impressions go well for you?
    They seldom go well, they seldom go poorly. My first impression on people tends to be "quiet", "shy", or "unremarkable." But I'll admit that I probably don't know how I come across... it would take people telling me flat-out, and I'm quiet and not all that approachable, so that doesn't really happen.

What qualities should a best friend possess?
    Closeness, similar interests, compatible sense of humor, and of course honesty and trustworthiness. Most of all is intangible (platonic) chemistry.

Do you get along easily with others?
    Almost always - bordering on always. But like FMW said, getting along easily with others isn't the same thing as bonding with others. That, I do relatively poorly.

What do you appreciate most about the opposite gender?
    Most of the same things in my "friend" list - warmth and caring too, and I won't deny some of the physical "wow" factor .

What are the simple pleasures you enjoy in life?
    Reading a good story, getting excited about learning something new, new experiences in general. Oh, and chocolate (and other tasty food).

When you face troubles, what comforts you?
    Not much but time, usually. Sometimes working out helps, sometimes just going for a walk helps, sometimes just trying to focus on other aspects of life helps, but usually I just suck it up and wait it out. Fortunately I've not been in a position where I've had *real* troubles.

What do you hate & love most about this world?
    Hatred is easy... bureaucracy, corruption, hypocritical self-serving - inefficiency too. Love... love itself, of course - variety in people and places, new experiences, a wide-open future of possibilities. Thunderstorms are pretty impressive too - same with a warm bed on a cold day (especially when I don't have to get up and go to work).

What are you impassioned for?
    Hmm... I wouldn't say that I'm "impassioned" for anything much, really. Most of the things that I hope for most fervently won't happen in my lifetime, so I'm sort of lacking in true passions.

What do you think about most often? (Keep this PG eh)
    On a practical level, work (). I don't much care for that, but there it is - it's hard to get away from sometimes. Other than that, I think about stories that I've read or would like to tell, politics, science, etc. A little of the non-PG stuff too, just like anyone else.

What emotion do you experience most often?
    Frustration - usually with work. Loneliness sometimes, "Eureka" on occasion, and when things are going well, a sense of fast-progression floating, sort of an "in the zone" feeling. (Yeah, I know that didn't make sense - emotions often don't for me).

What is your primary love language (affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, touch)?
    At this point, probably "not applicable". By nature, affirmation, quality time, and touch.

Optimist/pessimist?
    Optimistic in the long term (of the human species), but pretty cynical about the short term. FMW made some good points about cynicism and optimism/pessimism which I can agree with, but cynicism definitely isn't the optimism I feel about the future.

Do you feel alone?
    Almost always. Objectively, I almost always *am* alone.

What is the meaning of life?
    See new things, learn new things, but most of all to share happiness with the people who bring us joy.

Are you afraid to die?
    Not particularly "afraid"... it's more that I don't want to miss out on what might happen after I die, or to "lose" (even though everyone does, eventually).

Is there anything after death?
    If we're lucky, we leave behind a legacy of our actions and live on in the memory of loved ones who survive us. Supernaturally? I don't believe so.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was expecting something theological. But that's just morbid.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If you had the opportunity to change your type, to which would you change it and why?

ISTP. Because I would be a female James Bond. Time to give him some job insecurity.

Only at times. I believe in general I communicate well. The worst of the "misunderstandings" is against someone I know and love. Those are the worst. Some stranger passing judgment on me isn't NEARLY the intense emotional strain I experience as when I'm in the ring against someone I care about.

They're usually accurate, if that's what you mean? I'm willing to let go of a bad first impression if I see the other person is just having a bad day/social hiccup/etc.

I experience difficulty in this area sometimes though because if the person is genuinely "bad" and I'm the only one who can see it, then I tend to get treated (by the group) like I'm being irrational or touchy if I don't "like" them.

Steadfastness. We all go through ups and downs, some more than others. To turn your back on someone who is really trying to reach level ground is cruel and hypocritical. If they've been there for you, why would you turn away?

Yes! And if I don't, I try.

The respect of patience.

Eating fig newtons and "window shopping" in Victoria's catalogs.

My friends keep me sane. Plus, being able to write and put myself somewhere else. I've created so many elaborate imaginary places I really oughta figure out what to do with them.

Selfishness. It's undermined EVERYTHING. People want what they want and to hell with others.

Anyone who persists. That flower that springs up through the sidewalk.

What do you think about most often?

Escape. For me, my sister, my parents. I'm stuck in a dark room right now.

A mixture of shadow and hilarity. Oddly enough.

What is your primary love language (affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, touch)?

Words. Organized, tailored for that one person. Warmth. I hardly ever use serious "sugar" names but I do with the people I care about. Giving them my understanding.

Optimist/pessimist?

Lowballing reality so there's wiggle room.

Do you feel alone?

Yes. Frequently.

Are you afraid to die?

I almost did this year. What terrified me most was that I almost lost my sister. Being cut off from those hearts I've grown into. It's oblivion without them.

Yes.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP

I wouldn't. I like me.

Somewhat. I'm usually thought to be much more serious than I actually am, because my natural expression is apparently angryish looking, and because I'm generally quiet.

Yes. I always set the impression I'm trying to set with that person.

Interesting, at least a few common interests....i guess just meshing with me well? Not really sure to be honest....I just know one when I see one.

Yes. Arguments/fights are very rare, and having any kind of problem with someone else is not likely to last more than a couple hours.

That they are much more understanding, and better to talk to when/if I'm having some type of personal problem. (This only applies to the two or three people of the opposite gender that I would be that open with).

Anything outdoors, reading. Does skiing count as a simple pleasure?

Fixing them. Thinking about them internally.

Other humans for both.

Also, I love skiing.

Not too much. Somewhat for Libertarian causes.

Your guess is as good as mine. My mind is as impulsive as my actions, and doesn't especially care what it should be thinking about.

Neutrality.

These seem dumb. I must be multilingual, everything but acts of service describes me.

Optimist/pessimist?

Realist, very slight lean to the pessimist side.

Do you feel alone?

Sometimes. Not usually, unless I've had a bad day.

There is no special meaning of life. It is whatever you want it to be. My personal meaning of life, would be to do whatever makes me happy.

Are you afraid to die?

Afraid? Nope. It'll happen when it happens, and then I won't really care anymore, as you'll see with my next answer. Afraid of the things you often get to go through prior to death, slightly.

No. You are dead and no longer exist. That's it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    No. You are dead and no longer exist. That's it.
    You'll always go on and on [and on and on] in our hearts.

And in the backups of this web site.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Have you tried it before?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm happy in who I am but sometimes I think being a F would gel better as a female. I'd prolly pick ISFP so I could live in the moment as well.

No but I don't usually seek to be understood.

If I make the effort, yes.

The ability to stand by me through the good times when we're raping and pillaging the town and the bad times when shit hits the fan.

I get along with most people I meet but the connection is often surface.

The ability of some to make me feel safe and protected simply by being there and caring about me.

Road trips with mates, windows down/music up, playing with animals and seeing how much my nephew has grown each time I get to visit him.

Knowing this to shall pass, I can overcome.

Oh and really loud music can have one hell of an immediate calming effect when stressed

Inhumanity & humanity.

Equality and embracing differences.

The future, where I'm headed vs where I want to be.

What emotion to you experience most often?

Frustration comes up a lot but mostly contentment.

I appreciate quality time the most and like to show I care through thoughtful gifts, either in time, an experience or something physical.

Optimist/pessimist?

Optimist

Do you feel alone?

Sometimes very much so, usually when surrounded by people who I can't connect with.

It's a journey, no meaning is needed.

Are you afraid to die?

Only if it's premature and I haven't had the chance to experience enough.

*shrug*