User Tag List

First 141191231239240241242 Last

Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2414

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Guess it all just depends on the talent of the author, and how well they are able to interpret new meaning for a story-organization. I know that there have been a few fanfic writers who went on and published books-not sure if many/any were sucessful(besides 50 shades, and that was awful), but the potential exists.
    Unless the entire plot of the story revolves around romance (in which case I won't bother reading), I absolutely hate when the action devolves into romance. I read spy novels quite a bit in my teens, and was always irked when the author wasted pages detailing what the main character did in bed with his gf, while I wanted to know whether his cover was blown, or what his adversary was up to. Priorities.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Unless the entire plot of the story revolves around romance (in which case I won't bother reading), I absolutely hate when the action devolves into romance. I read spy novels quite a bit in my teens, and was always irked when the author wasted pages detailing what the main character did in bed with his gf, while I wanted to know whether his cover was blown, or what his adversary was up to. Priorities.
    Uh. I like that. It makes it much better when those two things are combined. Like this movie

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Uh. I like that. It makes it much better when those two things are combined. Like this movie
    Hmmm . . . maybe it's a guy thing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But why does everything have to devolve into sappy romance? Can't we have a fanfic based on something else?
    It was the romance thread, silly.

But okay:

"He screamed as he felt the clamps come down on his wrists, and then the cold blade of the knife on his skin..."

Not good?

"It couldn't possibly be that fast. It couldn't run that fast. Dear god, forty-feet of dinosaur muscle sprang at him. he gave a little gasp and dodged to the right, but not fast enough. The 20" claws flashed forward...."

Hmmm... adventure is out.

"As she spiraled across the event horizon, she felt herself stretch impossibly like a rubber band anchored between a tree and a burning rocket, thinner and thinner, and then had only time for one brief flicker of thought, about how we're all made of stardust and... then she was."

No, no, no....

"it parsed the scene before it. equations flashed across the inside of its face panel. It was all data, all stimuli, channeled and redirected to produce the desired effect. An effect that humans would see as emotive, but for it? Just a stream of impersonal binary. Out on the rubberized face, iStan's lips stretched, and he carefully smiled."

EDIT: OH, btw, it was blatantly intended to be a bad parody of fanfic. So I don't see why you're complaining to me about the obvious. Other people understood that.

That's a good movie. Although James Bond movies usually suck for the female stars, since only one ever makes it out alive... and sometimes none (e.g., Tracy Bond, who was played by Diana Rigg... help!)

Anyway, now I'm way off-topic of "forum romance" so I'll move on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Hmmm . . . maybe it's a guy thing.
    You don't like this?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthea View Post
    Okay fine, then I'll take all the beautiful men you greedy bastard!
    I am occupied with the ladies but you can do what you will with the rest.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "He screamed as he felt the clamps come down on his wrists, and then the cold blade of the knife on his skin..."

"it parsed the scene before it. equations flashed across the inside of its face panel. It was all data, all stimuli, channeled and redirected to produce the desired effect. An effect that humans would see as emotive, but for it? Just a stream of impersonal binary. Out on the rubberized face, iStan's lips stretched, and he carefully smiled."
    These have potential.

Carry on.

(FWIW, I've seen plenty of trashy fanfic that isn't about romance.)

You don't like this?
    Never saw it. Judging by the trailer, it's another action/adventure movie where the guy goes out and saves the world, while his wife/gf stays home doing dull stuff until it's time to look cute in a LBD and get rescued. It would be gratifying to know I am wrong.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

These have potential.

Carry on.

(FWIW, I've seen plenty of trashy fanfic that isn't about romance.)
    Trashy fanfic is equal-opportunity as far as genre is concerned.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Never saw it. Judging by the trailer, it's another action/adventure movie where the guy goes out and saves the world, while his wife/gf stays home doing dull stuff until it's time to look cute in a LBD and get rescued. It would be gratifying to know I am wrong.
    Haha. You'd have to see it. It's good!

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Haha. You'd have to see it. It's good!
    Judging by the online summaries, I wasn't far off. I'd like to see one of these with the roles reversed for once.