User Tag List

First 1234 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Due to the circumstances of my life, aside from a few periods which were alright, I wish they would have just got another dog instead of having me. My life has been quite difficult as a result of their hasty decisions and bad relationship. I'm still paying for it by supporting part of my family. As I see it, my parents had me to fill a short-term want and for general exploitative purposes (physical and emotional, primarily). There was certainly no foresight employed in the decision...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Haha, not that it would matter, at least to the un-me, but sure. I'm having fun.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If I had been asked this question growing up I would have given a resounding no. Now I am happy to be alive, and I can even appreciate the trials that I have gone through, but I am glad they are in my past. I realize that pain is necessary for growth, and I while I appreciate how it develops my character I don't like going through the necessary experiences to get there.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ

Of course! I know I may sound like a total NF but life is beautiful!!!! Yes, there are many problems in the world but in my opinion the good always outweighs the bad!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I would rather be born but have made better decisions in life.

MBTI
    INTP

Definitely times when I wish I hadn't been born. I'm glad for being born in the time that I was, though. I'm confident for better things and fulfilling potential or at least getting closer to that level/state/ideal. Conversely, if I were splattered by a bus tomorrow I wouldn't call my life a waste. I want to live life and enjoy the process, so to speak, not be one who says "once I get to this place/stage, life will be great or truly begin." I just know there's more. There have been times when the hassles, pains and drudgeries have gotten to me. Not necessarily thinking of an exit strategy, just that I would've as soon stayed a gleam in my mother's eye.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes, I do wish that I was never born.
    It would be one less death for people to see, less money for my parents to spend on me, and less heartache for the people that I have hurt.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    intp

I'd have rather not been born. I have yet to have an experience where I'm so happy I think "I"m so glad I'm born!" I make the most of it since I can't be retroactively aborted.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know... I've had a lot of things right now I really wish I didn't have to deal with. Furthermore, I definitely feel like I won't be able to succeed in the long run, and I'm going to end up either homeless or mind-numbingly toiling for the rest of my life just to survive... I honestly don't think it's worth it, but I'm pretty squeamish, and against suicide as much as possible, so I can't choose to take that route. But yeah, I don't think I'm worth much to be frank w/ everyone.

MBTI
    INFP

I remember I had a guy hit on this very issue once during my missionary years. He was depressed and he asked me how it was just for God to condemn someone for what they did (or didn't do) with their lives when they hadn't been given a choice about whether or not they would be born in the first place. I sat there and gaped at him like an idiot, because I honestly hadn't ever thought of that before. I still think about it every now and then. It's easy to quote verses about clay questioning the potter etc, but hard to really answer.

As for the OP, the jury is still out. I've had long seasons worth living, so I guess that if the end is in the beginning and the beginning is in the end then I would have chosen to be born.