User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yes, I'm glad I was born and I love my life. I feel very fortunate, even though I was the result of a short fling between two people who barely knew each other and my childhood wasn't ideal.

Would I have liked to have had a better childhood? Yes, I would have liked to have tried it, but if my parents had done any planning at all, I wouldn't be here and I like being here. So yay for women on the rebound and soldiers newly home from the war!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I wish my parents planned better, or maybe had me earlier in their lifetime (they were a bit old, dad was 40 and mom was 36 when I was born), but OTOH I like the time period where I've grown up. I'd definitely do it all again.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I wish my parents planned better, or maybe had me earlier in their lifetime (they were a bit old, dad was 40 and mom was 36 when I was born), but OTOH I like the time period where I've grown up. I'd definitely do it all again.
    Same here. Mom was 36 when she had me and dad was 38/39.

I think that's why I sometimes feel so much older than my age peers -- I hung out with my sister who's 14 years older than me, so I seem to resonate more with people in their 50s.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I couldn't care either way to be honest... I'm here now though, so that's what I have to deal with.

heart on fire

It is an impossible question to answer because one can never know the alternatives to being born to a paritcular parent at a particular time with any certainity.

If I was never born, if I never knew it then what would it really matter?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It is an impossible question to answer because one can never know the alternatives to being born to a paritcular parent at a particular time with any certainity.

If I was never born, if I never knew it then what would it really matter?
    That's how I feel, though I have to point out that you wouldn't be "you" if you were born to different parents; genetics play a role in the development of our minds... unless you assume transcendal minds/soul or something similar, anyway.

It takes being alive to wish not to be... If the choice is existance or no existance, it assumes that one is already in existance to make the judgment, which is not the case. How can a subjective view as to the worth of your existance exist when it depends on your existance to make it?

As to what I would change about my whole existance... I don't really think about it. The time spent on that would be better spent trying to move my life towards what I wanted in the first place. If I existed before birth then I chose this path for a reason... If I didn't then the cards I am dealt must be worked with even more intensity... So what does it matter?

(This is probably the wrong topic to be thinking about while I listen to Lux Aeterna...)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I must admit, I should wish I had never been born. I have so many problems. For instance, I'm nearly deaf in one ear, I have an odd twitch that occasionally moves through my arms and legs, time's movement seems irritatingly limited and plodding, and it's difficult to be forced to deal directly with things going on around me, and the sensation of touch is strange, dull, inaccurate, and unsatisfying. Taste is almost nonexistent after you've tried a food for the first time, except that bad foods taste terrible, and you're compelled to spit them out. I often cough because I have a slight amount of congestion that never goes away. Everything feels heavy and pulled downward, and I'm aware of constantly fighting against it. I can feel everything infinitesimally degrading and decaying, except the sensation of pain.

I've often wondered if I'm really human, or if I'm some ghost or demon that commandeered this body, and became trapped. If so, I keep wondering what I need to remember about my mission in doing so.

So, what keeps me going? I feel a sense of joy at learning, compassion, completing something, helping someone, daydreaming, hearing certain music, and watching television.

MBTI
    INFP

No, much as there have been times in my life where I have felt that, I know deep down that I want to live, I want to live so much that I would accept immortality in an instant.

Life can be crap, life can be mean, life can make you wish life didn't exist, but what about the times when life is beautiful? when living brings rewards?

I seek to make each moment one of those beautiful moments, that make life worth living.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Am I glad I was born? Darn tootin'. This world ain't gonna take itself over.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

I'm not thankful I was born. It's just been a fucking hassle.