• SJ Vegetarian/Vegan

1 0.96%
  • SP Vegetarian/Vegan

3 2.88%
First 7891011 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    For me, going vegetarian has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's not always easy, but I'm always proud of myself when I'm able to pass up that burger or steak. I hope to eventually cut out more dairy, seafood and eggs from my diet as well. But I'm moving in steps. I just don't agree with the factory slaughter houses. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with meat eating if each man went out and hunted his own. But the life of a dairy cow, or egg laying chicken, or that future bacon, is a truly sad existence. And the demands that these factory slaughter houses have to keep up with is out of control. Not only is the human population higher, but also, meat is eaten more often and with more meals... and more meat variety per one meal. It's quite absurd! No one ever needs that much protein in one day! Higher demands leads to crummier lives for these animals and sloppier techniques to get the job done.
    What about free range eggs and humanitarian farms? Why go vegan rather than supporting those who are attempting to create an ethical option in opposition to slaughter houses?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I tried that for a while. However, I've now found myself in a situation where I have to be a little thriftier. The prices on the free range eggs, and the like, often are a little pricier. I'd actually love to eventually have chickens of my own, so I won't feel the guilt of the guys trapped in cages.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'd like to be a vegetarian because A) I think it's healthier and B) it's a smaller environmental footprint (I don't empathize with the animals anymore), but having celiac disease rules out about 90% of vegetarian alternatives, so when there's a barbecue for example the only thing I can eat is burgers and sausages, sans bun.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    GONE

I was not a heavy meat eater before and after a stint in a vegan group house I am turning into a pescatarian vegan. :P It is a hodgepodge of ethical and political views and my taste preferences for food.

I have no problem with eating meat, but the inhumane conditions, filth, and also the unfair economic relationships involved and the "footprint" left behind...I would love to buy all my produce and meat in a local humanely run collective or farm. So far, I have not found this for meat but I do enjoy eating produce from CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture)

I eat seafood, not because "they can't scream" but because the methods for capturing and killing them seems more humane and natural than the unnatural and inhumane ways created by the pharma-agri-industrial complex.

Also, it's very tasty!

Also, it seems healthier and lighter than eating lots of meat.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

I rarely consume meat. I do consume sea food, but thats pretty rare as well.

the entire thing grosses me out. The smell, the look, just knowing where it came from..

however, I'd eat it if it was being served and I'm a guest... I'll try to dodge it if I can. but It's not a big deal if I do eat it.

anything but beef makes me feel like throwing up... I do love steak though

So I have no idea which one to pick.. Meat eater, who rarely eats meat???

MBTI
    INTP

NF: 65% Meat eaters
    NT: 76% Meat eaters
    SJ: 50% Meat eaters
    SP: 67% Meat eaters

We need more votes from the sensorish types.
    I've cut way back on meat, but still am not successful in cutting it out entirely. I eat less frequently than I should, which is part of the problem. Another problem is finding something appetizing at restaurants and lunch joints.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

We eat vegetarian meals fairly often but not because any of us are vegetarians and much more in the summer months. We raise a good portion of our own produce, I buy eggs and chickens from the farm down the road. We get a hog and side of beef every year from the same farm. The main reason is cost. I also like being somewhat self sufficient. And you really can't beat eating a salad you picked from the earth 10 minutes ago.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    NF: 65% Meat eaters
    NT: 76% Meat eaters
    SJ: 50% Meat eaters
    SP: 67% Meat eaters

We need more votes from the sensorish types.
    I've cut way back on meat, but still am not successful in cutting it out entirely. I eat less frequently than I should, which is part of the problem. Another problem is finding something appetizing at restaurants and lunch joints.
    yeah i dont think the SJ statistic there is very good considering the amount of sj voters you got here

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian one of these days... one of these days.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian one of these days... one of these days.
    but..... MEAT! yummy juicy tasty meat!