3 2.88%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm not a vegetarian, but I like vegetarian food. Especially if I've been partying a lot, eating pizzas, barbecued stuff a lot... Then I will probably like to eat veggie stuff for a few days. Wok, quorn etc.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

violaine

I was for years (I felt for the animals ) and I was diligent but it wasn't right for me... I used to get very rundown, tired all of the time etc. I made a decision to eat meat again which was difficult to follow through with. But I feel so much better and much sparkier eating meat again.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Mine is odd, but I only eat meat if I killed it. Sounds horrible doesn't it?
    Actually, I admire that. The vegetarian I respect the most tells me his reasoning is that he wouldn't be able to bring himself to kill an animal for food, so he won't eat animals others have killed on his behalf.

I wouldn't say I think vegetarianism is noble, exactly, but I do respect it. Our nature is to be omnivorous, so I don't think there is a basic wrong to be righted here. (Although I do realize that animal cruelty on farms is a separate issue.) I understand the health-related reasoning more easily, even though I do know some overweight vegetarians (Mmmm, cheese!)

But even though I understand vegetarianism, I really don't understand veganism. My two closest friends are vegan, and I just don't get it. The animals aren't being killed. Laying eggs and giving milk are two things the animals would be doing anyway. Is it a more philosophical argument akin to slavery in humans?

And lastly, a question for vegetarians. I just thought of this now, so it might be stupid. Would you eat an animal that had died of natural causes? I know nothing about farming or animal husbandry, so I don't know if such animals would be safe for human consumption. But do you think there would be a market for "Vegetarian-Safe" meat, where dairy cows, chickens kept for egg production, and other animals live out their lives instead of being slaughtered?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I want to be a vegetarian, but I'm too lazy and poor to make that happen in this here city. It used to be more affordable in Baton Rouge. I think meat makes you fat, and it's not supposed to be good for A and AB blood types. I'm A+

I think you need both to stay truly healthy.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

As Falcarius said before;

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Falcarius depending on how one defines vegetarianism has always been a vegetarian. He was a pesco-vegetarian until he was about five years old, but he watched too much David the Gnome and Animals Of Farthing Wood, and also did not like the taste of red meat. So when Mr and Mrs Utahensis tried to make him eat red meat he rebelled and became an Ovo-lacto vegetarian; he has been more or less been an Ovo-lacto vegetarian since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    I have more or less been a vegetarian for most of my life. Originally I did not eat meat as I did not like the taste of meat, but eventually it became more for animal rights reasons. I probably watched too much 'David the Gnome'. Seriously, I learnt most of my ethics and morals from watching 'David The Gnome', when I was about 5. The reason I started to believe in treating animals and the environment with respect, anti-materialism, and pacifism was because I learnt it from David The Gnome. To this day I remember the part of the first episode of 'David the Gnome' when David says, "What is the idea of of coming in to our peaceful forest and blasting away with your noisy guns at every animal you see? And of course you make the water so dirty the fish can't live in it, and the air so full of smoke nobody can breath." Watching 'The Animals Of Farthing Wood', and my mother making me walk by the carcasses of various animals hung in and outside the butcher's shops in The Covered Market also played a role in me stopping eating meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    And lastly, a question for vegetarians. I just thought of this now, so it might be stupid. Would you eat an animal that had died of natural causes? I know nothing about farming or animal husbandry, so I don't know if such animals would be safe for human consumption. But do you think there would be a market for "Vegetarian-Safe" meat, where dairy cows, chickens kept for egg production, and other animals live out their lives instead of being slaughtered?
    Biologically this is very unhealthy. I am a little busy right now but can explain later.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I want to be a vegetarian, but I'm too lazy and poor to make that happen in this here city. It used to be more affordable in Baton Rouge. I think meat makes you fat, and it's not supposed to be good for A and AB blood types. I'm A+
    A+ here and I was born in the Baton Rouge. How is it these days.

/Thread hack
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

A+ here and I was born in the Baton Rouge. How is it these days.

/Thread hack
    BR has too much much traffic.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, could you repeat that question . . .

What is your reasoning?
    Health reasons. Not eating meat = drastic plunge in my body pain levels.

I supplement calcium, vitamin D and B12.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious