• SP Vegetarian/Vegan

3 2.88%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I was a pescatarian for years then began eating meat again.

I rarely ever eat mammals, but I do eat birdies sometimes, namely chicken and turkey.

I aspire to one day become a vegetarian, because I feel guilty for eating animals who've needlessly suffered a crap existence and painful death simply for the reason of satisfying my hunger and the fact that I happen to find them tasty.

Basically, the more an animal has the ability to feel, the more guilty I feel for eating it.
    me too!! i feel like i should be but i just don't wanna be...just don't bring me anything that still looks like an animal
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Mine is odd, but I only eat meat if I killed it. Sounds horrible doesn't it?
    My brother is the same way. He'd also probably use all usable parts from the animals not just the meat.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I am a meat eater who eats less meat than is normal for the culture I grew up in.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

NEVAARR!!!

I s the meats!!

...To be a bit more serious, though, I was brought up in a household of omnivores (we certainly didn't neglect the vegetarian side of the human diet) and my religious beliefs speak nothing against eating anything from nature. We were made to ingest both, so I have no qualms doing so. I also don't mind vegetarian diets, I opt for that sort of food all the time (I can't stand just eating meat only for a meal...) I just can't STAND it when vegans are all haughty and in your face about their self-righteous diets and beliefs. I don't go around proclaiming I just ate a Panda.. >.> Though I might have to start now..

To edit a bit: .. CC I understand what you're saying about the whole animal-emotion thing. But I just can't get that same attachment. When I DO finally start hunting, I will have no qualms with shooting and killing a deer, prepping it, and eating it. We've just designed ways for us humans to have to do less work and kill less things by our own individual hands at the expense of the animals living shittier lives and dying unnatural deaths.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

I find myself gradually sliding into a more vegetarian style of eating. It must be for health reasons because the ideology seems less important to me than the reason. And I just feel better when I eat less meat. Especially the red meats.

If I had to kill my own meat I probably wouldn't eat meat at all because I'm pretty sensitive to harming creatures.

Perhaps my first paragraph is incorrect. Because I love veal but haven't eaten it in decades. Ever since I read about how it was produced.

As far as judgmentalism goes I'm in mind of my dear kitties who relish all manner of cute little creatures. Taking some satisfaction in torturing them prior to devouring. It took me a while to square that with my affection for them but have accepted that it's in their nature. I'm repulsed when I've read of vegetarians forcing their carnivorous pets to adopt a vegetarian diet.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Murr... should say enough.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm a vegetarian on principle...but frequently not in practice.

I am currently eating vegetarian haggis however....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I find myself gradually sliding into a more vegetarian style of eating. It must be for health reasons because the ideology seems less important to me than the reason. And I just feel better when I eat less meat. Especially the red meats.

If I had to kill my own meat I probably wouldn't eat meat at all because I'm pretty sensitive to harming creatures.

Perhaps my first paragraph is incorrect. Because I love veal but haven't eaten it in decades. Ever since I read about how it was produced.

As far as judgmentalism goes I'm in mind of my dear kitties who relish all manner of cute little creatures. Taking some satisfaction in torturing them prior to devouring. It took me a while to square that with my affection for them but have accepted that it's in their nature. I'm repulsed when I've read of vegetarians forcing their carnivorous pets to adopt a vegetarian diet.
    yup especially since their dietary needs are different. I mean it's fine if you're a vegetarian or vegan and you cook for me and it's vegetarian and vegan I'll eat it, but keep in mind I do like to eat meat I don't pass judgement or force you to change your habits I expect the same. I know some people simply don't like the taste of meat and that's why, I have no clue what I'm saying I got off topic. Oh yes forcing eating habits on other people and animals=bad.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP

I tried going vegetarian, then vegan. I wanted to see if it would have an influence on my level of energy and what not during a life overhaul a while back. I went back to eating meat a little bit later and still eat meat to this day.

I have four main reasons why I would like to go back, and two reasons why I haven't.

Why?

1) Lower environmental footprint. Given that I do not gain much utility from eating meat, and yet incur a cost on all others, indirectly, I would like to reduce my environmental footprint where I can.

2) Eating other animals strikes me as, at best, an ammoral thing. I have a choice in the matter and I continue to inflict harm on other animals for my own desires, not needs. I can rationalise different ways to get out of this statement, but it remains present all the time.

3) I don't have a clue on the quality of meat I get anymore. I do tend to buy high quality meat (ironically, from Costco, which is stricter than most small meat shops!). My family often gets it from farmers they know personally, so that it isn't part of the industrialised meat system. Regardless, a great deal of the time, I depend on branding and reputation... and it has been shown that this is only marginally better at best. I don't see any major concerns with this, but it still makes me a bit nervous.

4) I am a lot healthier and have a lot more energy when I stopped eating meat. It stopped when I went vegan, and got dramatically worse when I went back to eating meat. Strictly speaking, this means I am probably eating too much meat, but regardless, it was notable enough that it makes me wonder if it would be a good permanent lifestyle change.

Why not?

1) Nutritionally, it is better to eat small amounts of meat... be it for b12, iron or whatever. You can supplement these things, but you have to monitor your meals a lot more and are still prone to overlooking items.

2) Socially, it is rather difficult to do. In particular, I don't like quite a few vegetables, especially cooked ones. Easy when I'm cooking, but much harder when going out, especially since we tend to cook for one another. If I felt strongly, I would do it regardless, but I don't feel all that strong about it... or at least, still undecided on my stance. Even though I don't feel like I gain a lot, personally, from eating meat - I do enjoy the taste somewhat and I do see the nutritional value.

The logical course would be to reduce the amount of meat I eat, or just eat it socially, but I don't do well with that kind of self-control. I tried doing that, and ended up eating the same amount as before. Plus, if I'm doing that, I will tend to go with what I crave.

However, my wife and I have started meal planning now (ah, budget constraints, I hate you.) This has allowed me to change my meals a fair bit, and I'm moving away from meat as much as possible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Biggest issue with forcing a cat to go vegan is their inability to produce amylase, an enzyme used to break starch into it's component sugars. Also, their system is not designed to handle the direct intake of the simpler sugars that exist in fruits in the quantities our bodies can take. Basically you're risking making them diabetic.

Actually, there's a neat little test you can do:
    Grab a cracker and break it into crumbs.
    Separate the crumbs into 4 dishes.
    Treat one dish with iodine and notice the purple/black colour that comes through.
    Mix another dish with water; the third with your own saliva; and the fourth with the saliva of a dog, cat, or ferret.
    Leave the three dishes for a week then treat them with the iodine.
    See which ones turn purple/black and which ones don't.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]