First 89101112 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    but..... MEAT! yummy juicy tasty meat!
    I've resisted other indulgences for health and morality. I think I can do it some more. But this is the toughest one so far.

Middle-eastern cuisine may be the only kind so good that it can make up for a meatless diet. Indian gets close.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've resisted other indulgences for health and morality. I think I can do it some more. But this is the toughest one so far.

Middle-eastern cuisine may be the only kind so good that it can make up for a meatless diet. Indian gets close.
    anything but buttered chicken!!! >=(

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yeah, I am, but I don't like meat. Nothing special.
    I'm more of a seafood fan.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Vegetarian Indian is awesome, as is Mexican, Italian, Spanish, Nepalese, some Japanese dishes and some Russian ones. Pretty much the only styles I struggle with are some Asian cuisines like Chinese where vegetarian options around here consist of steamed or stir-fried veggies which don't do it for me, sea food restaurants and a bunch of fast food places which is a blessing in disguise... but then I don't like meat so I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Naturally when it comes to home cooked food, the only limit is what you're prepared to make.

MBTI
    INTP

A life without bacon? Tragic, if healthy. I can see why one would pursue the lifestyle, but you'll be hard-pressed to reign me in on health benefits and cries of immorality in the meat-eater culture alone.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    A life without bacon? Tragic, if healthy. I can see why one would pursue the lifestyle, but you'll be hard-pressed to reign me in on health benefits and cries of immorality in the meat-eater culture alone.
    I find bacon to be one of the easier things to let go.

And the lucky thing about baking is that most of the flavor you identifiy with it comes from the stuff it is treated with, not the meat itself. So you could actually have that taste (for the most part) without any pig product.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I find bacon to be one of the easier things to let go.

And the lucky thing about baking is that most of the flavor you identifiy with it comes from the stuff it is treated with, not the meat itself. So you could actually have that taste (for the most part) without any pig product.
    ditto. pork product was always my least favorite. burgers, steak and buffalo tenders were what i had a hard time parting with. however, i was always more of a seafood fan than anything. i still haven't fully parted with it, though i hope to eventually.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    yupp

I can eat a vegetarian diet but I also enjoy meat so my diet is mostly vegetarian with the occasional chicken or fish thrown in sometimes even beef. But when I order mexican I get vegetarian same with mid eastern. last night I had a salad with salami on it. it was so good lettuce,cucumber,olives,salami,extra sharp cheddar, and vidalia onion dressing.and the night before was shake and bake chicken, stuffing, and corn so you can see not a vegetarian.

ok so it goes back and forth sometimes i eat lots of meat sometimes none at all.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i've been vegetarian for about 7 years or so now. originally i did it primarily for spiritual/ethical reasons, but i think health reasons are what kept me with it for so long. that, and the various new and interesting foods i ate and learned to prepare.

i don't think meat eating is wrong, but like many people regardless of diet, i think factory farming methods are unhealthy and cruel.
    it's good to avoid supporting that sort of thing whenever possible.

i'm not vegan. i buy organic non-GMO cheeses, though on occasion i do go out for pizza (and therefore probably consume a little rennet here and there). i do avoid gelatin and such by-products, though. i instead eat pectin or seaweed-based gelly products (bless the asian market!).

i strive to avoid all animal products because of the means in which they are produced. though i know this is difficult and i don't beat myself up if i slip here or there. whatever a person's level of comfort or ability may be, every little thing helps. in my eyes, anyway.

now that i think about it, i was always a very picky meat-eater. like, everything had to be well done but not burnt, or i would be grossed out.

as a child i remember saying "that's not meat juice, that's blood, mommy!"
    my parents still laugh at that.

i think it's easier having me not eat meat, at least for the people around me.

i miss poultry but that's all, really. i never cared for seafood much or for beef. in a way i think i was just naturally attracted to a vegetarian diet. if i weren't i couldn't say with certainty that i would be totally vegetarian.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yes, because the meat they serve at the dorm dining center is scary.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"