User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

CC, if I remember correctly we are once a month struck by a testosterone rise as well. It is not nearly as high as with guys, but it gets you horny, edgy and aware of everything, especially men. We're usually better at hiding it though, since we are expected by society to be the ones to control ourselves in those matters :P

As for the guys, here's a question:

Isn't it lonely being a guy sometimes? I mean, girls ask and tell each other everything, in group, to bounce of ideas and get suggestions on how to solve shit. But I've been told that you guys, when you gather, don't share as much and stay on superficial topics while mostly boasting.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't discuss my problems with people (that often). I don't like superficial topics. So yeah, sometimes its lonely, but its not an actively conscience feeling like you make it sound. The homeboyness is found in other matters, like who actually shows up to help you move something
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok so, they are there for you
    But what do you do when you are insecure about something and need some perspective?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But what do you do when you are insecure about something and need some perspective?
    I Don't mean to sound stupid, but insecure about what, could you give an example?

For example, I am worried about my personal statement to med school, my friend is phd in history, I call him up to meet and work on it. But I don;t think this is what you mean by perspective.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Grin, you're right, that's not what I mean.
    Say you have a fight with someone you care for deeply and you cannot sort it out yourself, who do you turn to for perspective?
    Or, even things like sex. The first experience, what you're supposed to expect from it, what helps etc etc.

I was watching Grease the other day, and at some point Putz gets slapped over the head for asking if sex really only lasts 15 minutes. Where do you go to ask questions like that, since your buddies will just laugh at you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Grin, you're right, that's not what I mean.
    Say you have a fight with someone you care for deeply and you cannot sort it out yourself, who do you turn to for perspective?
    Or, even things like sex. The first experience, what you're supposed to expect from it, what helps etc etc.

I was watching Grease the other day, and at some point Putz gets slapped over the head for asking if sex really only lasts 15 minutes. Where do you go to ask questions like that, since your buddies will just laugh at you
    Ahhh, I get you. In guy culture you never ask the group a serious personal question. The group is the virtual place to just make fun of each other and have fun. When you have a serious issue, you activate the one on one network of guyness. So you go to one of your buds that you know would have the best perspective on the issue, and talk to them one on one. You usually get good answers this way. Never ask anything personal to the group, unless you plan on being made fun of. The funny thing is that you could talk to most anyone in the group on a one on one basis and get serious results.

I hope that makes sense.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes, that does clear up a lot
    But you guys are seriously inefficient about this, as in a groupsetting you get a lot of feedback all at once, instead of having to go to each person individually :P

I've also noticed that a lot of guys just prefer going to a female friend
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yes, that does clear up a lot
    But you guys are seriously inefficient about this, as in a groupsetting you get a lot of feedback all at once, instead of having to go to each person individually :P

I've also noticed that a lot of guys just prefer going to a female friend
    I usually only end up getting one or two opinions, more than that and it feels like gossip, even if it has nothing to do with that.

Honeslty, I don't have any close female friends.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Is it true then, what they say? A guy can't be just friends with a woman?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Oberon

At some level, that's like asking "What do you do when you're a girl?"

Not absolutely, of course, but it's easy to see that it's a question from a feminine point of view. We generally don't really think in those terms. Rather than being insecure and needing some perspective, I'm more likely to be uncertain and requiring more data.

If I'm "insecure about something and need some perspective," I do one of the following:

1. Gather more data,
    2. Brood
    3. Forget about it for a while and do something fun.

This represents a certain degree of dysfunction on my part, but I'm by no means unusual in that regard.