User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh, you mean I have to be making a point?
    Sorry, I was just offering an observation. Draw your own conclusions.
    You don't have to. It's just nice if you do, from time to time. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You don't have to. It's just nice if you do, from time to time. :P
    Give the nice ENTP some leash.
    Lotsa leash.

They run free, ya know.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

We also have to consider how men tend to be less risk-averse than women. Given that the income distribution is positively skewed by social devices such as minimum wage, it's natural that the many more high-risk, high-reward jobs landed by males end up weighing a lot on the average.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Why are you guys so ass bad at communicating your, yes, FEELINGS. A lot of guys see it as a sign of weakness, but also guys are wired differently biologically. After the 8th week the male babies are bathed in, yes, testosterone which slows the development of the right side of the brain which is where the feeling part of it is. guys just aren't as emotional as women.

Why do 11 to 70 year old men all have the tendency to look at a fertile/nubile woman's body in a somewhat lascivious fashion. Yeah, guys usually have that on the brain quite a bit due to the testosterone...but yeah, it is disrespectful of men to do that I agree.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to accept your flaws and recognize and apologize when you have committed an error/wrongdoing. immaturity and insecurity...

Why do most of you have inflated egos, and why must you constantly lek to impress the wimmens? Guys do have more of an ego than women, I have had people think I'm insecure because I don't act like that!

What is it like to have testosterone coursing through your veins? Imagine feeling like you want to do it all the time...I know women's desire for that fluctuate based on the time of the month...

Why are you guys at times overly aggressive and at times even violent? Why are women sometimes aggressive and even violent???
    Hope that helps...
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    INXP

It took me a long time to come to terms with my personality. To be this 'guy' was to fear the rejection of peers. Perhaps my isolation was the anticipation of this. That way, the onus was on my decision rather than my disposition.

This implies a craving for acceptance and understanding, as well as insecurity.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENTP

Cross reference to here is pertinent, I believe...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm actually surprised about the women equality posts. Far as I can tell, they do not earn the same amount, no matter how much you massage suitability due to kids, hours worked and distributions (GAO research on this - PDF warning). And I would contend that other experiments confirm that equalizing is nothing more than statistical manipulation - under conditions where, for example, identical essays are marked with only the "male/female" names changed, females get lower grades on average (similar things shown especially in male dominated fields, like physics - from nature). Similar experiments on networking online, etc. I'm not even sure we can say it is getting better - it seems like the gap has reversed itself, at least in the states.

The most powerful things I have read on this topic is that it seems that it is male traditional (read: sexist) approaches that cause the wage gap. That is, as males grow up in a more equal society, the wage gap diminishes... or rather, the wage gap between traditional men and liberal men is quite large as well (Time).

What I see is that very little of it has to do with ability. A lot has to do with preferences, although I think a great deal of those preferences are socially trained, and would still count as sexism - it's just institutional. Some comes from overall sexist attitudes, but the majority of the wage gap seems to come from certain held views. I'm not sure why, and there is only speculation, but the effect is very notable.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    We also have to consider how men tend to be less risk-averse than women. Given that the income distribution is positively skewed by social devices such as minimum wage, it's natural that the many more high-risk, high-reward jobs landed by males end up weighing a lot on the average.
    I'm not sure the curve would be symmetrical. Higher risk takers don't automatically imply that half of the successes will end in failures (as in, lower than average income). What would be likely is that there is a risk premium due to the smaller group of people willing to take risks, resulting in higher risk takers having a higher average wage - not affected by minimum wage much, I mean.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'm not sure the curve would be symmetrical. Higher risk takers don't automatically imply that half of the successes will end in failures (as in, lower than average income). What would be likely is that there is a risk premium due to the smaller group of people willing to take risks, resulting in higher risk takers having a higher average wage - not affected by minimum wage much, I mean.
    Well, my reasoning was to start from the worst possible state of the world, so that all the others would have been logically implied by the first. The risk premium imho depends excessively on the person's attitude towards risk - I wanted to include the case in which risk-takers are risk-seeking or risk-neutral, thus zero or negative risk premium.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP

Why are you guys so ass bad at communicating your, yes, FEELINGS.
    For me, because I don't even necessarily understand them or know what to do with them, so expressing them to you is even harder...also, we are expected to NOT be especially emotional.

Why do 11 to 70 year old men all have the tendency to look at a fertile/nubile woman's body in a somewhat lascivious fashion.
    Why not? The smarter of us don't make it obvious that we are though...

Why is it so difficult for you guys to accept your flaws and recognize and apologize when you have committed an error/wrongdoing. Why do most of you have inflated egos, and why must you constantly lek to impress the wimmens?
    The area that isn't a problem for me. I could use a bit more ego actually, and I'm not big on doing stupid things to "impress" people. As for flaws, I know them quite well and acknowledge them.

What is it like to have testosterone coursing through your veins?
    Well...I wouldn't know what it would be like to have anything but testosterone, so kinda hard to compare, no?

Why are you guys at times overly aggressive and at times even violent?
    I'm generally not aggressive. Fighting with friends is kinda fun though, and guns or explosives...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Why are you guys so ass bad at communicating your, yes, FEELINGS.

Why do 11 to 70 year old men all have the tendency to look at a fertile/nubile woman's body in a somewhat lascivious fashion.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to accept your flaws and recognize and apologize when you have committed an error/wrongdoing.

Why do most of you have inflated egos, and why must you constantly lek to impress the wimmens?

What is it like to have testosterone coursing through your veins?

Why are you guys at times overly aggressive and at times even violent?
    I don't understand any of that either.