User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Other than the 90's super diversity drive, were they made us believe that every other student had either Hep-c or Aids, while also being gay. They made us so aware of so many racial acceptance issues when we as a group grew up in a time where race and status no longer mattered.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Edit: Wow, I forgot how bitter I was about public education...
    In my case, I haven't forgotten.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    In my case, I haven't forgotten.

I think I try to and I've remembered why; it's not right that youth must think of suck things
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Just curious.
    I enjoy a constant bias in favor of my gender regarding competence. That is, irrelevant of whether I'm better than a given woman of equal competence, I tend to be seen as more competent. I also receive higher pay for the same job.

Seriously, something is seriously fucked up.

MBTI
    ENFP

FUN FACT:

the stat about 70 cents for every dollar a man makes isn't accurate, men get paid more because they work on avergae 9 more hours a week and are more likely to work in a death job ( a job where you... uh... die)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    FUN FACT:

the stat about 70 cents for every dollar a man makes isn't accurate, men get paid more because they work on avergae 9 more hours a week and are more likely to work in a death job ( a job where you... uh... die)
    Also, women are graduating from college more than men now, and 20something women are the higher wage-earners compared to their same-age male counterparts in populated cities. And women can equally be CEOs and all those hotshot positions too, if they don't hvae kids.

It's only after kids do women make less than men do and when they are unable to rise past a certain rank. Women by necessity have to give up more of their career for kids than men (assuming a traditional pregnancy instead of adoption) and they also tend to be the one to choose to put their family before a higher-ranking promotion after the kids are babies (i.e. men are more likely to have a family but be a workaholic than women).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, when you shove Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry down males throats, they don't exactly think higher education is gonna be all that interesting.

MBTI
    ENTP

Over in these parts, the newspapers are using higher ratios of girls passing their exams at school as evidence of gender equality being achieved. On closer inspection however, you find that the reason for this is because the boys have quit school and gone to college, where they study vocational courses in pursuit of a career - most of the courses that have to do with the main money earning sectors such as business and IT are hugely male dominated - while the girls are staying at school and studying 'useless' subjects (useless career-wise) like English, history, etc., before leaving and working in low rung jobs, rising to middle management at best, before they have kids in their 20's and spend the rest of their lives working part time in a grocery store. On average, that is... the stats change as you go up the social classes, though.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    It's only after kids do women make less than men do and when they are unable to rise past a certain rank.
    Untrue. There is a (valid) presumption that a woman of child-bearing age is a greater risk to continuity than a man. This affects hiring/firing/promotion decisions. There is evidence to support this. Males and females are equally discriminatory in this respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Over in these parts, the newspapers are using higher ratios of girls passing their exams at school as evidence of gender equality being achieved. On closer inspection however, you find that the reason for this is because the boys have quit school and gone to college, where they study vocational courses in pursuit of a career - most of the courses that have to do with the main money earning sectors such as business and IT are hugely male dominated - while the girls are staying at school and studying 'useless' subjects (useless career-wise) like English, history, etc., before leaving and working in low rung jobs, rising to middle management at best, before they have kids in their 20's and spend the rest of their lives working part time in a grocery store. On average, that is... the stats change as you go up the social classes, though.
    What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, you mean I have to be making a point?
    Sorry, I was just offering an observation. Draw your own conclusions.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen