User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 379

  1. #301
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Other than the 90's super diversity drive, were they made us believe that every other student had either Hep-c or Aids, while also being gay. They made us so aware of so many racial acceptance issues when we as a group grew up in a time where race and status no longer mattered.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

  2. #302
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Edit: Wow, I forgot how bitter I was about public education...
    In my case, I haven't forgotten.




  3. #303
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    In my case, I haven't forgotten.

    I think I try to and I've remembered why; it's not right that youth must think of suck things
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #304
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Just curious.
    I enjoy a constant bias in favor of my gender regarding competence. That is, irrelevant of whether I'm better than a given woman of equal competence, I tend to be seen as more competent. I also receive higher pay for the same job.

    Seriously, something is seriously fucked up.

  5. #305
    Senior Member Nillerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    391

    Default

    FUN FACT:

    the stat about 70 cents for every dollar a man makes isn't accurate, men get paid more because they work on avergae 9 more hours a week and are more likely to work in a death job ( a job where you... uh... die)

  6. #306
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    FUN FACT:

    the stat about 70 cents for every dollar a man makes isn't accurate, men get paid more because they work on avergae 9 more hours a week and are more likely to work in a death job ( a job where you... uh... die)
    Also, women are graduating from college more than men now, and 20something women are the higher wage-earners compared to their same-age male counterparts in populated cities. And women can equally be CEOs and all those hotshot positions too, if they don't hvae kids.

    It's only after kids do women make less than men do and when they are unable to rise past a certain rank. Women by necessity have to give up more of their career for kids than men (assuming a traditional pregnancy instead of adoption) and they also tend to be the one to choose to put their family before a higher-ranking promotion after the kids are babies (i.e. men are more likely to have a family but be a workaholic than women).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  7. #307
    Senior Member Nillerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Well, when you shove Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry down males throats, they don't exactly think higher education is gonna be all that interesting.

  8. #308
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Over in these parts, the newspapers are using higher ratios of girls passing their exams at school as evidence of gender equality being achieved. On closer inspection however, you find that the reason for this is because the boys have quit school and gone to college, where they study vocational courses in pursuit of a career - most of the courses that have to do with the main money earning sectors such as business and IT are hugely male dominated - while the girls are staying at school and studying 'useless' subjects (useless career-wise) like English, history, etc., before leaving and working in low rung jobs, rising to middle management at best, before they have kids in their 20's and spend the rest of their lives working part time in a grocery store. On average, that is... the stats change as you go up the social classes, though.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  9. #309
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    It's only after kids do women make less than men do and when they are unable to rise past a certain rank.
    Untrue. There is a (valid) presumption that a woman of child-bearing age is a greater risk to continuity than a man. This affects hiring/firing/promotion decisions. There is evidence to support this. Males and females are equally discriminatory in this respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Over in these parts, the newspapers are using higher ratios of girls passing their exams at school as evidence of gender equality being achieved. On closer inspection however, you find that the reason for this is because the boys have quit school and gone to college, where they study vocational courses in pursuit of a career - most of the courses that have to do with the main money earning sectors such as business and IT are hugely male dominated - while the girls are staying at school and studying 'useless' subjects (useless career-wise) like English, history, etc., before leaving and working in low rung jobs, rising to middle management at best, before they have kids in their 20's and spend the rest of their lives working part time in a grocery store. On average, that is... the stats change as you go up the social classes, though.
    What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #310
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Oh, you mean I have to be making a point?
    Sorry, I was just offering an observation. Draw your own conclusions.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Similar Threads

  1. ExxJs what's it like to be you?
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 09:43 PM
  2. What's it like to be a Thinker?
    By nightning in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 02:01 AM
  3. What's it like to be a Feeler?
    By Tallulah in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
  4. What's it like to be a Thinker?
    By nolla in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
  5. What is it like to be human?
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO