User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    It's awesome to live in a rural area. I never lived in a city but I know it's gotta suck over there. We have guns but no gangbangers.
    We have guns and gangbangers, twice the fun.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Just curious.
    Well, for one thing, we have two brains.

One is quite similar to that of a female's.

The other is strange, and uncivilized, and completly out of our control.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

No its the same brain, just that evolution hasn't figured out proper irrigation methods for the brain during droughts, that we suffer.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP

The second brain really gets shit done though, in a pinch.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I can't speak for men in terms of describing what they are (none of these people can), but I can tell you what I've observed about society's treatment of men.

Being a man means being granted a lot of power, but being cut very little slack. There's only a small minority of situations that vary from this theme.

(I can give a long elaboraiton some time if it is wanted).
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Yes I think most of us are aware of the double standards... I guess we are just too lazy to rally together to end it? Ugh, I actually am indifferent about it either way... I'm allowed to break social expectations at any point.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't mind the fact that the double standard exists, I'm just annoyed that we are treated like shit because of it. Being a man nowadays means that if your wife doesn't love you anymore, she can take the kids and leave. You'll get weekend custody but she can deny you that if she's reallly bitchy. Also, it means that sometimes guilt is assumed when there is a female or adolescent accuser.

That makes me mad but if we were appreciated for what we do, I'd feel alot better.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Well what can we do really? There are a lot of negative things associated with being a male. Its pretty hard to erase them buuuuut we do what we do because we must. As a man, and maybe a father one day, remember that. Its a thankless life but someone's gotta do it.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, there are double-standards against women, too. This isn't about men vs women. This is about anyone's right to be what is best for oneself.

Either gender is stuck in a weird situation. Being cut slack but having no power is obviously problematic in its own ways, so it's not like being a woman is great either.

Now, a human cannot usually expect to get the best of both worlds. It just makes that the more power you amass, the more pressure you'll have. But this kind of thing should not be arbitrarily assigned by gender. If a woman wants to put up with all the crap so she can have power, then let her. If a man wants to relinquish his power just so he can relax, then let him.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think guys are typically allowed to be more eccentric than girls, by societal standards. We can be weird and be called eccentric, but the female with the same characteristics is the "crazy neighborhood cat-lady".

We can be 'the strong silent type', emos, hippies, straight-edgers, nerds.... and I think it's easier for one to pull off being the kind of person they want to be if they're male. Females seem to have more settled personality characteristics they are expected to stick to.