User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    intp

Do you have a sister? If you do: are you honestly 100% happy you do? If you don't: did you ever wish you had one?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

In a way, I did When I went to Russia, I lived with a family with two sisters and it was great.

However, the blade cuts both ways. My russian sister was a lot more self confident than I, as well as stunning. As much as I was used to being noticed in Antwerp, it wasn't true in Russia, because I stood in her shadow. I didn't mind as I found it fascinating to observe..but it does bruise your ego a bit I learned a lot of tricks when it comes to men though, from her *evil grin*

Another thing I can imagine being a pain, is falling for the same guy, or fighting over make up and clothes. My russian sisters did this every week, it drove me mad. On the other hand, it was nice to have a female support in the family sometimes, as I have two older brothers who absolutely do not get me. Also, as I was the youngest and the only female, I got restrictions at home that my brothers never got, something I think wouldn't have been the case if I'd had an older sister

So, I'd say its a tie
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp

Cool. I've always been fine (ok, more than fine) with not having any. There's only room for one daddy's girl.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Grin, true, fathers seem to have a soft spot for their only girl
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oddly enough, it was my first boyfriend who mentionned it to me when I was 16. I was studying languages at school already and the European ones were just boring me to pieces. He suggested Russian as he believed it would be an economically interesting choice. For me, the appeal was more learning a new alphabet and a language that very few others speak here (in Belgium it is normal to speak Dutch, French, English and a little bit of German). I was to live in Moscow at first, but our ministery for foreign affairs decided that at the time ('99), Moscow was to unstable and dangerous, so I went to Krasnodar, near the Black Sea to stay with a foster family
    Interesting.

It was around the same time I was in Russia too, except I was in St. Petersburg. Amazingly beautiful city.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Very true, I went there on an excursion. Though, I did prefer Moscow as it felt more *alive* than St-Petersburg. St-Petersburg is basically a city stuck in the time of Peter the Great, and it kinda feels like walking in a gigantic museum It also very much reminded me of a big western city, which is not surprising considering Peter's inspiration

Moscow to me was more interesting, as it was a clash of three cultures, I felt. East meets West in Moscow and is seasonned with a very typical Russian feel to it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Sniffles

Unfortunately I have never been to Moscow myself, so I can't really make a comparison of the two cities.

I would also like to see Kiev some day.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ahh yes, that is also still on my list, as is Novgorod, since that city was founded by vikings, and Kiev was heavily influenced by them
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Sniffles

Ahh I see somebody adheres to the Normanist theory.

Yes Novgorod would be wonderful to see. I'm certainly fascinated by its Medieval history, where they actually had a direct democratic system in place.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★