User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Social.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I would give you a couple of tips, but I'm introverted so I have no problem detaching.
    Don't need tips.

From now on, instead of the elongated cessation I've made, I'm just going to use the option in column B, and make them shut up, rather than remove myself from the situation.

The worst that can happen is that no one wants to socialize with me, and then I'm right back where I am now.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would give you a couple of tips, but I'm introverted so I have no problem detaching.

I still do notice pretty much every little conversation going on, as well as every little trivial detail that's communicated to me. It's not all bad. I do get a couple of bits of knowledge just from that fact. It helps with psycho analyzing people as well, when I'm bothered to not detach so much.

Come to think of it I probably come across as somewhat of an asshole to people that don't know me too well. I just really don't get all that much joy out of putting in effort for so little reward.
    Nice analysis to read.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yesterday at home I was reflecting on this thread (don't worry, it was only spontaneous) and I discovered the point of socializing: pointlessness. Probably this sounds a little too INTP-ish, then I'm sorry. The meaning of socializing is like the meaning of life, showing belief.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah so i never really... followed through on this.

yeah yeah... i'm sure everyone remembers at least 2 threads where i promised something and never made good.

well i'm really gonna try here.
    but not 'til i move. i don't wanna risk getting attached [lol] and having that change my mind.
    we fukin won boys

Where are you moving to and from where?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

arizona from virginia.
    why?

oh also -- i never mentioned it before [guess it slipped my mind] but i thought i might post some kind of assessment on my er... experiments.
    or whatever this is called.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

and on second thought, this probably belongs in NT personals.
    we fukin won boys

Hrm. I have family in Mesa and former employees from Tucson. I hear good things about Arizona, but I've never been. Are there really lots of senior citizens and Republicans?

I want to see the Grand Canyon. *Will you live near it?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm shocked that no one's said this to you yet, but:

Oh that's great NoCaps!!!!!!!!

Good luck. Socializing takes courage.
    +1. Give the guy some credit for trying. I know how hard it is if you have no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Just curious also, who the hell out there uses pickup lines?

And how is that really working out for you?
    I don't use fixed lines, but I do take a second or two to come up with a good opening remark. Unless I'm seeing a girl who is so stunningly beautiful my brain is occupied, I still need to figure something out something for that.

I still do notice pretty much every little conversation going on, as well as every little trivial detail that's communicated to me. It's not all bad. I do get a couple of bits of knowledge just from that fact. It helps with psycho analyzing people as well, when I'm bothered to not detach so much.
    Noticing every little trivial detail of the communication is a great way to socialize. I can remember back everything people I talk to say to me, and use that later on to show I remembered and that I care for what they say. It's also very useful if you can conscientiously take not of bodylanguage and use that to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Yesterday at home I was reflecting on this thread (don't worry, it was only spontaneous) and I discovered the point of socializing: pointlessness. Probably this sounds a little too INTP-ish, then I'm sorry. The meaning of socializing is like the meaning of life, showing belief.
    It can have uses, you never know who you are going to end up socializing with. Maybe the guy standing next to the bar is a wealthy entrepreneur interested in your ideas, and the lovely girl sitting with her friends at a table could just be your future wife and soulmate. Socializing is an addition to your life if you do it right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Why are you going to Arizona?