Thread: Social.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol, very cheesy

I never really used pick up lines myself. What I did was eavesdrop on the conversation the guy was having and jump in with some 'witty' remark. If he wasn't having a conversation, the combo of eye contact, smiling and playing damzel in distress usually worked for me

I personally find that guys also do not need a pick up line. Body language does way more than any line every could But for some guys, it helps them get into 'character' so why not

shhh.... you are enfp, so always in control in social interactions, but lets keep that a secret.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    ...I ought to get out and make friends...
    You have no friends?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

You socialize well, fella.

It's all about massaging the vanity of your subject. To what end, is your design. Find commonality.

We all share it. Chisel it to your advantage.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You have no friends?
    An utter shock I'm sure but I'm only aware of a pair of individuals who even might say they were.
    we fukin won boys

Oberon

I've been where you are; I was in high school at the time. For me, the cure was to learn to keep my mouth shut and listen, and to be kind at every opportunity. Both of these are lessons I continue to work on pretty regularly, but also lapse in... again, fairly regularly.

Don't know what your problem is. Jerk.

There, see? What'd I tell you?

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh I listen plenty. Thats the reason I quit in the beginning.

I got exhausted enduring what idiocy makes itself as frequent as houseflies.

I'm not rejected a whole lot more than I do reject (paranoia and a few select people used to tell me otherwise) meaning it's not much of a worry.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Oh I listen plenty. Thats the reason I quit in the beginning.

I got exhausted enduring what idiocy makes itself as frequent as houseflies.

I'm not rejected a whole lot more than I do reject (paranoia and a few select people used to tell me otherwise) meaning it's not much of a worry.
    Good luck, I've been there. I can't not listen but I still get VERY annoyed listening to a run down of everybody's day, not to mention constant bitching. I sort of engage half heartedly while being obviously distant and detached. I hate being tethered to other people, I need a little space and autonomy in my decisions. I can't be forced to contribute little niceties on command.

I like people who can actually talk and discuss something interesting more than once in a while (or at least listen to me and give feedback), sadly there's not that many people out there. Even if there are, you have to endure a LOT of meaningless small talk... and yes kiss some ass.

pucker up!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Good luck, I've been there. I can't not listen but I still get VERY annoyed listening to a run down of everybody's day
    This is exactly my problem. I can't tune out.
    They say I'm ADD -- that's bullshit.
    I'm ASD.
    I can't tune out, and I can't tolerate it. So I either force them to shut the fuck up or leave.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

I would give you a couple of tips, but I'm introverted so I have no problem detaching.

I still do notice pretty much every little conversation going on, as well as every little trivial detail that's communicated to me. It's not all bad. I do get a couple of bits of knowledge just from that fact. It helps with psycho analyzing people as well, when I'm bothered to not detach so much.

Come to think of it I probably come across as somewhat of an asshole to people that don't know me too well. I just really don't get all that much joy out of putting in effort for so little reward.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.