User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Holiday Gifts for each Type

Hello everyone! I am thinking about my Christmas shopping, and I thought a thread about gifts typing would be beneficial to so many people, especially me! As an XNFP I realize that the things that would make me smile are not the same for my adult siblings this Christmas. I picked the family that is full of J's out of the hat: Meaning I am buying for an ESTJ (my sister) a crotchety INTJ (this guy is so picky!) and their daughter who is an ENTJ, and very spoiled and particular.
    I am not saying these are normal traits for each personality type, but I think that a general forum of what is appreciate for every type is very nice.
    Idealists:
    ENFP
    INFP
    ENFJ
    INFJ

Rationals:
    ENTP
    INTP
    ENTJ
    INTJ

Guardians:
    ESTJ
    ISTJ
    ESFJ
    ISFJ

Artisans:
    ESTP
    ISTP
    ESFP
    ISTP

Here is a template so let's do this!
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ENFP

Idealists:
    ENFP: We are very free spirited, so I would say that anything would strike our fancy, mostly things that allow us to try something new and interesting and thinky we haven't been able to try or resources don't let us try.
    INFP
    ENFJ
    INFJ

Rationals:
    ENTP
    INTP: This is the type my hubby is. Anything to improve their current obsession is greatly appreciated. For my husband this would be a computer upgrade, or perhaps something else that intrigued him, some gadget, or perhaps something to do rather secretly while he gets bored. -He's also quite sentimental, so anything romantic and of sentiment in addition is nice.
    ENTJ
    INTJ

Guardians:
    ESTJ
    ISTJ
    ESFJ
    ISFJ

Artisans:
    ESTP
    ISTP: My Best friend. She always loves puzzles. AS does my Grandfather who is also an ISTJ.
    ESFP
    ISTP

THose are the only ones I can claim any certain ideas for. But I would be appreciative of any ideas
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

INTJ little sister: Math genius. Books are good presents. Oh, and they should be about women. Rational women. -_- Hard to find!

ENTP father: ...Anything to improve his various obsessions. This year he will receive a scanner. He loves photographs, and his old scanner broke down.

ENTP brother: History geek, very similar to me but a lot more like a confused professor... He will probably be that one day, since he's the top of his class among history PhD students. He loves books... Really loves them. Almost makes love to them!

ISFP big sister: She's the hard one (since we're complete opposites?). Anyway, she loves anything that's carefully thought through, useful and artsy... Anything someone have put a lot of effort and time into doing.

INFJ Mother: Appreciates books a lot. The hard part is finding something she hasn't read... She's a member of at least two book clubs (subscriptions) and reads more than a book/week. Mostly popular books.

Me, ENTJ: Books. Books, books, books! History books. Books about weapons! PC games in the RPG genre.

Nerdy family.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    infp

INFP:

/predictable joke

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    INTJ little sister: Math genius. Books are good presents. Oh, and they should be about women. Rational women. -_- Hard to find!
    Did she like Galieo's Daughter? I'm just curious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think an ISTP would love some guns and explosives!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Did she like Galieo's Daughter? I'm just curious.
    I'm not sure, but I think she has read that book... Recognize the name.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

ISFP- Something that allows us to be creative, maybe art/craft kind of stuff.

ESFJ- Jewellery

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

INTJ:
    My favourite Christmas presents are things like cool and small LED flashlights or something to 'been to my hiking pack that is functional and not too heavy (basic compass/whistle combo; flint fire-starter; wind-up emergency radio/cell phone charger/flashlight (I ordered this online for like $17!). I also got a really sweet headlamp with night vision function (the red LED doesn't make you lose your night vision). When I was younger I always wanted sexy clear lab protective eyewear like the kind you get at school for $5. I still wear mine when I clean my room or study sometimes because it makes me feel smarter.

Or books. But not novels.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

heart on fire

I like books about history (1300-1850 A.D. only though), I enjoy fiction but my ISTJ sister is the only person who ever gets anything that I really resonate with.

Anything with cats

Scented candles, bath oils

Other than the above, I just don't need STUFF.

But as to whether this is typical for INFP? Who knows!